Anyone ever prescribed a pill that they thought worked well?

mikebonn

There is no magic pill.

As Sheryl has suggested here, look into green tea AND garcinia cambogia.

They are helping me.

I am also using green coffee extract which I make myself but I am still uncertain about that one.

Of course you need to have very health promoting food intake and exercise at least moderately, but for some including me the garcinia ASSISTS me in the food intake part of it a great deal.

It won't do that for everyone but you never know unless you try it.

Starving yourself, crash diets, with helpers or not, will backfire and is quite unhealthy, you can take that to the bank.

As these are "alternative" therapies I reckon not many mainstream doctors will be suggesting them. But both are mild and in my opinion low risk and at least MIGHT help you maybe even a lot.

I think it is very wise to seek out helping agents. But be careful because they are not all safe. That is because for the vast majority of people simple will power alone is simply not enough and will mostly fail especially in the long term.

Again, there are no miracles out there. I see great hope for BETTER helpers in future, but now is now, and not really expecting a magic solution in the forseeable future that will cure most obesity and let people not watch their food intake.

I also suggest watching the documentary I posted about before, The Men Who Made Us Thin. This will make it very clear that right now there is nothing remotely close to a safe and effective medical pill cure for obesity offered by any company! Also that show indicates for reasons explained there why they aren't even really trying for that anymore. Consider that for a moment. Any company that DID produce such a pill would be minting money, but they've decided ... they can't.

Breakthroughs are possible in related areas: genetics, stomach bacteria, less invasive bariatric surgery and non surgical devices suitable for moderately overweight. It is conceivable the stomach bacteria angle might eventually become a pill option but the research now seems more focused on fecal transplants (yes, yuck.).

In other words, in many ways we're still in the DARK AGES of obesity treatments. But we're alive now, so we have to cope.

post-37101-0-19022100-1382642546_thumb.p

Edited by Jingthing