Which Western Bar Is the Best in Sukhumvit?

ChrisB87

Which Western Bar Is the Best in Sukhumvit?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bar Do You Like Best?

• The Black Swan
    • Bully's Pub
    • The Londoner
    • The Dubliner
    • Sportsman
    • Hanrahans
    • Robin Hood
    • The Cross Bar
    • The Penalty Spot

This poll is closed to new votes

Okay, just for some fun and i am interested to know drunk.gif

Which western bar do you like best in Sukhumvit? (sorry if your favourite bar isn't on there)

For me it's a tough choice, but I probably visit The Londoner most frequently.

So which is it?

Edited by ChrisB87

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are all overpriced but I like the Robin Hood, as long as you avoid the food, Londoner has all the atmosphere of a car park, Black Swan is OK but small with overpriced food.

True, all very pricey. Had a couple of meals at the Black Swan last week; they were decent enough. With the demise of the Green Vespa, there is no more pub grub to be found in Cambodia.

none of those. Sports Conner on the Conner of Sukhumvit and Soi 20 gets my vote. a lot of repeat customers, cold beer and good food. Most of the pubs on the list are empty, overpriced and some allow smoking.

none of those. Sports Conner on the Conner of Sukhumvit and Soi 20 gets my vote. a lot of repeat customers, cold beer and good food. Most of the pubs on the list are empty, overpriced and some allow smoking.

It's actually called 'The Sport Corner' and the Host, Tim is a first class guy too. A wonderful spot.

I voted for the Black swan as its the only one on the list I'd go to out of choice. Food is good and the staff are nice.

I'd also vote for No Idea on Sukhumvit soi 22 (not on Suk but then neither is The Dubliner)

Soi 8 pub on Sukhumvit Soi 8 (although now renamed to The Kiwi or something)

Personally I prefer bars and clubs, so Oskar on Soi 11, Above 11 (again on Soi 11) and Levels are more my kind of place.

Does Larry's Dive still exist ?

I used to go there on -a nearly- daily basis when living on soi 22... beginning of this century !

Changed owners and is now NO IDEA CAFE & GASTROPUB

http://noideabkk.com/

Some cheap beers on tap; good wine selection; food better than most "pubs"; hosts Dave & K.Ant are very hospitable. Gets my vote (even though not on the OP's list).

Does Larry's Dive still exist ?

I used to go there on -a nearly- daily basis when living on soi 22... beginning of this century !

Nope, replaced by No Idea, which someone else mentioned. And while No Idea has excellent food at reasonable prices and a very nice owner, I wouldn't really call it a "bar," though it does have one...

I know this isn't what the OP was really looking for (since he included no girly bars in his very short list), but my favorite bar to sit and drink at in the Sukhumvit area is Hillary 4 on Soi 4.

Yes, it's run by the Hillary Conglomerate, which can be kind of evil, but damn if Hillary 4 isn't the one bar they really do right: not too-horrible prices, good air-con, usually not too horrible (or loud) music, ICE-COLD beer, very friendly and for the most part non-pushy girls...and plenty of elbow room. A very pleasant place to spend a few hours with some friends.

The Sports Corner gets my vote, hands down - Tim, the owner, is a good guy but he never remembers who you are - he is permanently soused! The girls are great and not pushy.

I like to sit outside in bars - its hot in Thailand right...... i hate sitting in aircon for very long so pubs like the Black Swan are really good for half an hour or so, but dont get my vote because it I just dont like sitting inside freezing bars and restaurants - I might as well be back in the West if i am going to go those places.

The Penalty Spot, Huntsman, Londoner are all awful soul-less places - Ray's Bar used to be best when it was on Suk itself, but he left years ago for soi 22 and now gone forever i think (anyone know where he went? lovely guy).

So Sports Corner it is. Well done Tim, keep it going.