Which Western Bar Is the Best in Sukhumvit?

ChrisB87

Which Western Bar Is the Best in Sukhumvit?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bar Do You Like Best?

• The Black Swan
    • Bully's Pub
    • The Londoner
    • The Dubliner
    • Sportsman
    • Hanrahans
    • Robin Hood
    • The Cross Bar
    • The Penalty Spot

This poll is closed to new votes

When I'm in Bangkok I usually end up at the Black Swan because the location is so convenient. I've been going there off and on since around 2004 I think, not long after it opened. If you are meeting up with someone for a drink, this is usually the easiest place to do it, even if you plan to head elsewhere later. The staff there is great as well, unlike at some places (cough...Robin Hood...cough cough). My fav waitress there is the sweet cross-eyed girl...

Thought I knew most of them but where is the Black Swan?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I'm in Bangkok I usually end up at the Black Swan because the location is so convenient. I've been going there off and on since around 2004 I think, not long after it opened. If you are meeting up with someone for a drink, this is usually the easiest place to do it, even if you plan to head elsewhere later. The staff there is great as well, unlike at some places (cough...Robin Hood...cough cough). My fav waitress there is the sweet cross-eyed girl...

Thought I knew most of them but where is the Black Swan?

Asok BTS. Well hidden under the staircase opposite Terminal 21.

They are all overpriced but I like the Robin Hood, as long as you avoid the food, Londoner has all the atmosphere of a car park, Black Swan is OK but small with overpriced food.

Β 

True, all very pricey. Had a couple of meals at the Black Swan last week; they were decent enough. With the demise of the Green Vespa, there is no more pub grub to be found in Cambodia.

The owner was a nutter and not popular with the locals apparently.

His food was good for pub grub stye nosh though.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They are all overpriced but I like the Robin Hood, as long as you avoid the food, Londoner has all the atmosphere of a car park, Black Swan is OK but small with overpriced food.

True, all very pricey. Had a couple of meals at the Black Swan last week; they were decent enough. With the demise of the Green Vespa, there is no more pub grub to be found in Cambodia.

The owner was a nutter and not popular with the locals apparently.

His food was good for pub grub stye nosh though.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A lot of people had problems with him but with me he was always more than correct.