All Thai isps international Route comparison

shariq607

Was just curious to know which isp had the fastest route to the US,Europe and japan , so did a little comparison comparing True,tot and 3bb. please note tot and 3bb lines are of my neighbors and true line is mine.

note: for each and every isp i selected the same server. For US the server was based in Washington state, for Europe the server was based in Ireland and for japan it was based in tokyo.

First line True internet: Trace route to USA (Washington state) server = Bangkok > Los Angeles> Oregon > Washington state : ping = 209 Ms, Trace route to Ireland (Europe) = Bangkok> France> Switzerland > Ireland : ping = 226 Trace route to Japan (Tokyo) = Bangkok > Singapore> Tokyo ping 110 ms.

second line 3BB: Trace route to USA (Washington state) server = Bangkok > Kansas city > Washington state : ping = 203 Ms, Trace route to Ireland (Europe) = Bangkok> UK (Leeds) > Uk ( Peterborough) > Ireland : ping = 381 ms. Trace route to Japan (Tokyo) = Bangkok > Singapore> Tokyo ping 127 ms.

third line tot : Trace route to USA (Washington state) server = Bangkok > Japan > china > Kansas city> Washington state: ping = 289 Ms, Trace route to Ireland (Europe) = Bangkok> Laos > China > Japan > China> UK > Irelnd : ping = 421 ms Trace route to Japan (Tokyo) = Bangkok > Singapore> Tokyo ping 161 ms.

looks like tot has the shittiest routing to us and European servers.

will test more isps in the future if i get my hands on them.

TOT has the largest bandwidth but shittiest routing amonst all Thai ISPs.

I understand TOT and CAT is Govt. managed companies but Cat routing is way better than TOT.

I wonder who employ these network engineers who have no idea what is routing.

My route to kansas city goes through europe and gives ping over 380 ms in TOT line while they have massive direct US fiber connection. How stupid is that??

Same goes to routing to eastern europe, it routes trough USA and gives 420+ ms ping!

You have measured the ping which for most people wont be very important. Maybe you should have measured the bandwidth instead.

For starters with CAT I regularly get 10mbs to the US but often struggle to get 1mbs to the UK.

can you perform a speedtest on speedtest.net San Jose server and post here

can you perform a speedtest on speedtest.net San Jose server and post here

Currently ping 353, DL 4.78mbs, UL 0.96mbs

That's to San Jose CA (I think there are others).

It does vary according to the time of day etc.

download is fine but why is your ping so high?

Your information is a little UNCLEAR as you have not stated what line you are using, bandwidth HOME or BUSINESS services. I needed good VPN services to Australia.

In Chiang Mai I was with 3bb 10mb / 512mb package the one they advertise everywhere in Thailand. SERVICE WAS CRAP! Ping on the same routes was always over 300. Then I changed to 10/1mb plan and my ping went to 198.

I am now in an area only just delivering 3bb at Hang Dong Chiang Mai. I was using TOT HOME Fiber Plan of 30/3mb and ping was terrible at over 488 to USA alone!

I was advised to look at leased line as cost is no problem for me ... lucky. ROTTEN SERVICES with terrible wquotes from 20,000 baht to 200,000 baht per month!

then a guy in TOT Business area helpiong on the PANEL of chiefs looking at HELPING me (spend heaps more money I guess) said go and TRY the STANDARD buinsesss40/3mb BUSINESS GRADE package at 8000 baht per month.

WOW! Ping every day is BELOW 100. We use 6 VOIP phones, fax SERVER connections and never never any issues. To USA I go Chiang Mai Bangkok TOKYA CALIFORNIA.

To Aus I am automatically routed via BKK TOKYO Australia or CM BKK SING (sometimesHKK) Australia so it AUTO detects where you are going and I get the fastes route.

CANNOT BE HAPPIER this month.

I hope this helps to those who really need quality and speed.

Your information is a little UNCLEAR as you have not stated what line you are using, bandwidth HOME or BUSINESS services. I needed good VPN services to Australia.

In Chiang Mai I was with 3bb 10mb / 512mb package the one they advertise everywhere in Thailand. SERVICE WAS CRAP! Ping on the same routes was always over 300. Then I changed to 10/1mb plan and my ping went to 198.

I am now in an area only just delivering 3bb at Hang Dong Chiang Mai. I was using TOT HOME Fiber Plan of 30/3mb and ping was terrible at over 488 to USA alone!

I was advised to look at leased line as cost is no problem for me ... lucky. ROTTEN SERVICES with terrible wquotes from 20,000 baht to 200,000 baht per month!

then a guy in TOT Business area helpiong on the PANEL of chiefs looking at HELPING me (spend heaps more money I guess) said go and TRY the STANDARD buinsesss40/3mb BUSINESS GRADE package at 8000 baht per month.

WOW! Ping every day is BELOW 100. We use 6 VOIP phones, fax SERVER connections and never never any issues. To USA I go Chiang Mai Bangkok TOKYA CALIFORNIA.

To Aus I am automatically routed via BKK TOKYO Australia or CM BKK SING (sometimesHKK) Australia so it AUTO detects where you are going and I get the fastes route.

For 8000 baht you should get guaranteed bandwidth. OP is talking about consumer grade internet, not business one.

I don't think routing will differ in business and consumer grade internet, but guaranteed international bandwidth will be higher in business plans. Some ISPs may have seperate business lines that has different routing, but I don't think TOT have such advanced routing because their adsl routing sucks big time. Thats why you got 488 ms ping to USA via European route (longest route)

your ping cant be below 100 ms to US and European servers. care to show some stats or speedtests with not cached (cached bogus) results? i mean we are talking about tot here . i have used premium internet services in Hong Kong and Singapore and even they never got below 150 -180 ms to US servers. i am using cat corporate connection ( business line) and even it gets 170 ms - 200 ms ping to US servers. unless you are talking about one way ping i am certain its not possible

WOW! Ping every day is BELOW 100.

Yes, but that's because the TOT business grade package includes your own dedicated Stargate.

Us cheap charlies still have to obey the laws of physics. Bit of a pain but that's life.

WOW! Ping every day is BELOW 100.

Yes, but that's because the TOT business grade package includes your own dedicated Stargate.

Us cheap charlies still have to obey the laws of physics. Bit of a pain but that's life.

I'm pretty sure marcusd meant <100 ms ping to Australia, not USA.