Thai media rejects new Computer Bill

webfact

Interesting move. Clearly to any thinking person, on the march to dictatorship, freedom of the press is the first

thing that has to go. Sort of an ironic shame that the red buffalos of Isan who brought this upon themselves,

will be the ones who suffer the most. At some point when living here starts to feel like living in North Korea,

I suspect myself and many other farangs will be long gone back to their home countries. The red buffalos

will not have that option, and will have to suffer whatever new machinations the government comes up with.

I have always liked the sort of wild aspect of being in Thailand, but I will NOT LIVE UNDER A DICTATORSHIP......

So am already thinking of an exit plan.......

Sites like Thai Visa should be thinking of an exit plan as well, as they will be the first to go under new restrictive

media laws. While we as farangs have no direct connection to what happens in this country, we in fact are able

to influence the thinking of many thousands of Thai people we are connected to. I know for myself personally ,

my wife has radically changed her attitude towards Thaksin and the PTP after I show her stories about what is

really going on, especially regarding corruption. Which is what it really is all about. Gain political power, repress

criticism, and then loot as fast and hard as you can before the government is thrown out in a coup.....xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.7cckm4BQla.webp

How about those foreigners that have families here, especially if they're "red buffalo" families. Will they go as well once it's changed to a " North Korean Dictatorship"?

Good luck with you and your fellow "farangs" in your evangelical quest to influence the thinking of many thousands of Thais. How would they manage without you? Still at least you've converted your wife to your way of thinking. Must make you feel good that.

For someone with "eyes wide open" you do come across as immensely condescending with just one viewpoint, yours.

Not really sure about the fate of the " red buffalo" families......cheesy.gif When all those Isan villages were converted to be red shirt strongholds, were the farangs thrown out or did they learn to keep their mouths shut ?? As far as influencing the thinking of my wife, very little work was done. I simply showed her some news stories that she was not aware of.....

No idea why you brought up the word evangelical, unless you simply

wanted to show your spell binding command of the English language by using a five syllable word...

Not a lot of truthful information on Thai media presently if you want any information regarding what is happening in Thailand you have to use the international media not some military scrutinised and altered news that they want you to accept here.

Not a lot of truthful information on Thai media presently if you want any information regarding what is happening in Thailand you have to use the international media not some military scrutinised and altered news that they want you to accept here.

Is all the news in Thailand still filtered and altered by the military? Or just the stuff that you don't agree with?

Is all the news in Thailand still filtered and altered by the military? Or just the stuff that you don't agree with?

No, it seems not as bad as we think - yet. But the broadcast media is very news weak and condescending, while the print media is either financially weak, lacks resources, or lacks skills (their fault for not investing in training). It's not uncommon for freelancers in the provinces to be bumped off (sometimes their own fault, eg, attempting blackmail, sometimes for something they've written or about to write). Some of the big print outlets are controlled by leading companies - an age-old problem - which dictate editorial direction. Myriad other things, including education and cultural issues. A lot of anti-govt, anti-military commentary does get written, and there are some excellent commentators (like Voranai), but overall, in-depth and investigative journalism is not a strong point here. So for those dedicated and competent journalists out there, this bill must surely be a worry.

No you are right - he didn't - that was down to the Taksin government who tried to censor newspapers and television from speaking out against them - that was one more of the reasons that so many of the Thai population in Bangkok, where they could see what was going on, were so thankful to the military for finally bringing the rampant corruption, cronyism, and destruction of freedoms to a halt before it was too late. Everyone knows these things existed, but it got out of hand...

Actually both Thaksin and abhisit used existing laws to restrict media freedom, one a lot more than the other - and it wasn't Thaksin.

BS.

Just one sample of some of the magnitude of thaksin's throttling

Thailand to block over 800,000 sites

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/11/28/1133026373171.html

Interesting move. Clearly to any thinking person, on the march to dictatorship, freedom of the press is the first

thing that has to go. Sort of an ironic shame that the red buffalos of Isan who brought this upon themselves,

will be the ones who suffer the most. At some point when living here starts to feel like living in North Korea,

I suspect myself and many other farangs will be long gone back to their home countries. The red buffalos

will not have that option, and will have to suffer whatever new machinations the government comes up with.

I have always liked the sort of wild aspect of being in Thailand, but I will NOT LIVE UNDER A DICTATORSHIP......

So am already thinking of an exit plan.......

Sites like Thai Visa should be thinking of an exit plan as well, as they will be the first to go under new restrictive

media laws. While we as farangs have no direct connection to what happens in this country, we in fact are able

to influence the thinking of many thousands of Thai people we are connected to. I know for myself personally ,

my wife has radically changed her attitude towards Thaksin and the PTP after I show her stories about what is

really going on, especially regarding corruption. Which is what it really is all about. Gain political power, repress

criticism, and then loot as fast and hard as you can before the government is thrown out in a coup.....xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.7cckm4BQla.webp

How about those foreigners that have families here, especially if they're "red buffalo" families. Will they go as well once it's changed to a " North Korean Dictatorship"?

Good luck with you and your fellow "farangs" in your evangelical quest to influence the thinking of many thousands of Thais. How would they manage without you? Still at least you've converted your wife to your way of thinking. Must make you feel good that.

For someone with "eyes wide open" you do come across as immensely condescending with just one viewpoint, yours.

A dictatorship is a dictatorship, doesn't really need any colour shirt to admit it.

Corrupt elections, rubber stamp parliament and senate, corrupt judiciary and a toothless media.

That can genuinely happen in Thailand, hence why I have left and taken my kids with me. If it happens the opportunities for the future will be severely reduced. This is not going to be a dictatorship like Singapore, this will be a violent one because the Thais are not unified like Singapore.

It might get very nasty.