how much to rent small shop in beach rd ?

spacecraft

I have plan to setup a small juice bar in a place with good foot traffic like near walking st on the beach rd , but first I want to know price range for a small shop in such locations . any of you have an idea about how much could be the minimum and average rent price ??

What you will do is the following:

Gain experience by living here for at least 6 months. No investments, no commitments whatsoever.

After 6 months, by doing nothing, you may pass this episode along to your "Buddies" by saying something like: "........imagine this, 6 months ago, I was contemplating opening a fruit juice bar on Beach-Road/Walking street!" = Roaring laughter ! The one that will laugh about it the loudest, will probably be you.

Cheers and go slow.

it looks like you have been living a long time there , so I would be glad if you share your experience with me , I like to know how you see this business as a not working business ??

regards ,

Firstly, if you are a non-Thai you will not be allowed to work in such a place or anywhere else without a Thai company, enough paid up capital, proper visa, work permit, tax ID etc. etc.. But even for a Thai there are some similar business requirements. City Hall could advise you perhaps or lawyer. Rental is the last thing to consider, I think, but the small vendors pay at least 100 baht a day after tea money down to start plus local fixers and, and ....and on it goes.

What you will do is the following:

Gain experience by living here for at least 6 months. No investments, no commitments whatsoever.

After 6 months, by doing nothing, you may pass this episode along to your "Buddies" by saying something like: "........imagine this, 6 months ago, I was contemplating opening a fruit juice bar on Beach-Road/Walking street!" = Roaring laughter ! The one that will laugh about it the loudest, will probably be you.

Cheers and go slow.

it looks like you have been living a long time there , so I would be glad if you share your experience with me , I like to know how you see this business as a not working business ??

regards ,

In short:

- Rents in your preferred areas are extremely high.

- Foot traffic is heavy in Pattaya, wherever you go between 16:00 Pm and 24:00 Pm. Is no guarantee of success.

- Fruit-Juice Vendors (operating from 3-wheelers are all over the place). 3 Wheeler= motorbike with sidecar. They pay no rent.

But still: My favorite fruit juice vendor, operating between "Bodega-Bar" and "Wonderful-Bar" on second-street with her 3-wheeler, claims she can hardly pay for her monthly expenses. I believe her, because she has been wearing the same pair of Blue-Jeans for the last 3 months. Is that the kind of business you want to enter?

AND: Have you already considered matters like "work-permit", etc.?

Thailand can be a good place to live, as long as funds accumulated in the "old-country" will allow for a life here in Thailand. Having "to earn a life" here in order to get by, is extremely tough for a Farang. To open a business (in a hurry), while being under-capitalized and not knowing about the "Do's and dont's" in Thailand, is nothing else but financial suicide in slow-motion.

Cheers.

• Like 2

But do vendors sell any kind of fruit juices or just orange juice ? There are also food vendors on streets but I heard that restaurants make a high income ! Im considering to have at least 10 kind of fruits juice available like what u can find in shopping mall stalls ..

But do vendors sell any kind of fruit juices or just orange juice ?

Orange, but at 20baht for small bottle, how would you compete with them. Main issue in pattaya now is that walking customers are Russian, and they hardly buy anything, even if you offered god juice at 20 baht a bottle, i bet they wont buy. Indians wont buy your stuff either, and they are now 2nd largest group on Beach rd. So who will buy your juice? :(

Btw, you know those 20 baht orange juices dont taste like freshly squuezed juices sometimez, yes? So one time I observed from starbucks terrace a juice guy making a juice, didnt see him adding any water, I jumped to buy a bottle from him, but it was same. I think its jyst bad oranges, tangerines maybe, cos those juices never taste fresh to me. There is a really cute mototaxiboy right outside starbucks every night tho, if its any help to anybody.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The big problem is if you spend a lot of money doing a shop up, committing to a long term megga bucks rental agreement and your business just happens to be a success, guaranteed it would not last long before hordes of street vendors set up shop outside selling the same produce at a fraction of the cost as they have no overheads.

100k baht and upwards

Oops ! I was looking for something about 20k or 30k maximum !

If small you actually mean small, then yes you can. However most places are few levels high and like to rent the whole building. Also keep in mind the key money

wait till after high season, when all the wanabe tycoons get it completly wrong, you will pay a lot less, location is number one priority, and make shure your probuct is outstanding,bad news travels fast!!! good luck ps i dont have a crystal ball so cant say if you can afford it or not !!rolleyes.gif

100k baht and upwards

Oops ! I was looking for something about 20k or 30k maximum !

mate the rents r terrifying ...good luck if u have a go but i would forget beach rd ...yes its always busy but like a mate of mine years back u r working 97 % for rent wages elect and water .....and if u r successful u start to get noticed and inspectors come for the most frivolous matters ...