bra sizes. Thai size - UK size.

crumpled

I've been asked to buy some English bras for my long term g/f but am not sure if the same size equates or not.

She wears 36 / 80 size when bought in Thailand. Would that be equal to 36 inch UK size and a B or C cup equivalent?

I'm not trying to be funny about sizes at all but when I have bought jeans and shorts here in Thailand for myself the sizes tend to be an inch or so different to the UK sizes.

Thanks for any help.

I was never able to work it out blink.png Crumpled you could try taking her to Central to try on on bras in the Marks and Spencer section - then you'll have an idea of her UK sizing.

The main difference I have found shopping for my Asian daughter's bras is that the Thai/Asian brands are usually quite small across the back, compared to the western sizes.

Edited by Goinghomesoon

I was never able to work it out blink.png Crumpled you could try taking her to Central to try on on bras in the Marks and Spencer section - then you'll have an idea of her UK sizing.

The main difference I have found shopping for my Asian daughter's bras is that the Thai/Asian brands are usually quite small across the back, compared to the western sizes.

Thanks for that :)

I'm currently in the UK and heading back again to Thailand in December for several months and been asked to take some with me. If I don't get a definitive answer I'll try pot luck and hope for the best, taking into consideration the size across the back, as you have mentioned.

It is a pity the bras have a Thai size only whereas other clothing often has UK, USA and Euro sizes, even if they are not always accurate.

I bought a couple of bras in bkk last week, I am normally a uk 38 ff, no chance to find that cup size in thailand but I went to itesan and was told that a thai dd cup is the same as a uk e, so got a 38 e and the back size is fine, so figure the 36 uk back size should be ok, your gf needs to tell you her thai cup size alphabetically then you can go for the one below it.

Now resembling a dead heat in a Zeppelin race my pregnant Wife and I trundled off to Mothercare in search of mammarial support...

It soon became apparent the sizes are 1 off... i.e. the same Alphabet equivalent in Thailand is a size smaller (i.e. a Thai D cup is equivalent to a UK C)...

Asking the GF to head on down to Marks and Sparks to try something on is a good idea (if she is in Bangkok).

The 36 is measured under the bust. Also you say your gf is 36 but you must have the cup size, that would be in the letter following the number. Without a cup size its pointless to buy her any bras at all.

Best thing to do for the band size is have her measure herself under the breasts around the chest. This gives you band size. Cup size, well she should know her cup size.

Conversion tables are easily found online. I like this one

http://www.herroom.com/european-lingerie-size-conversions,929,30.html

I bought a couple of bras in bkk last week, I am normally a uk 38 ff, no chance to find that cup size in thailand but I went to itesan and was told that a thai dd cup is the same as a uk e, so got a 38 e and the back size is fine, so figure the 36 uk back size should be ok, your gf needs to tell you her thai cup size alphabetically then you can go for the one below it.

The 36 is measured under the bust. Also you say your gf is 36 but you must have the cup size, that would be in the letter following the number. Without a cup size its pointless to buy her any bras at all.

Best thing to do for the band size is have her measure herself under the breasts around the chest. This gives you band size. Cup size, well she should know her cup size.

Conversion tables are easily found online. I like this one

http://www.herroom.com/european-lingerie-size-conversions,929,30.html

Thanks for those answers.

The bra sizes are all 36 and instead of a letter they have the number 80 for the cup size. I've never seen a letter. The letter I can understand and could relate to.

Maybe it will be best if I wait, go to Thailand for this trip and take a bra back to the UK and find a good shop who can measure the bra and cup so I can fulfil her request.

I have to admit it seemed an odd request but she has often complained in the past when many Thai places selling bras rarely have her size, especially out in the country. Plus she seems to think it would be 'different' to have English makes (though I suppose many are not made in England - but that simply washes over her).

Even during trips to Pattaya she has seen too many 34 inch and few bigger.

What I'll do is explain and buy her something else that is English.

Thanks for the help, though :)

Just a thought, not sure if it's any use , but would triumph have a conversion on a website as they sell here as well or in one of their shops ?

I did a search before coming into the ladies section to ask. And I found nothing with the numeric relation to the alphabetical one. All her bras are 36 / 80. And that 80 could be B or C.

As I said in my post above, I'll wait and take one of hers back to the Uk or maybe find a shop wherever we stay in Thailand that has alphabetical cup size when I am back over the December to March trip.

The cup size problem has already been pointed out. 75 is equivallent to a 34 and 80 is equivallent to 36..and nothing to do with cup size. THere should be a cup size indicated after the 36/80.

The next problem is style..so many bras fit differently as we all have different shapes within the same cup and back size, so best to make sure what kind of style she finds generally fits her well (ie: balconette, etc)

I have found bras in Thailand, even though im a hard to find size here (not hard to find in the west, but here it is). I am 34D/75D and depending on the cup im a 32D (i have a small back), and its so hard to find a larger cup with a small back size. My point is, they can be found, but generally in larger stores selling international brands. I was able to find my bra size from Playboy, which has a great fitting without any padding. There are Playboy stores around or Playboy concessions within the underwear departments of large department stores.

I honestly think its quite a gamble to buy a bra without trying it on first, as so many styles and companies vary slightly, which can really change how the bra fits.

GOod luck!

80 is CM 36 is inches- they both mean the same thing. You must get a cup size, which is standard in ALL bra measurements. Otherwise, don't waste your money. A 36 B is far different from a 36 D

• Like 1

..im starting to suspect the OP just wants to talk about bras an boobs, and the whole story is completely made up. lol.

Perhaps he is just trying to get us all to reveal our bra sizes.... :P

..im starting to suspect the OP just wants to talk about bras an boobs, and the whole story is completely made up. lol.

If it was leg length, that would be perfect, me being a leg man whistling.gif

And you ladies talking of sizes is useless without photographic proof to back it up laugh.png

Seriously, I'll wait until I bring one back with me next time I'm due back in the UK around March time. Then no mistakes. She'll have to be patient, especially it is not as simple as at first it seemed.

Considering she can go to a market, get a 36/80, take it home and it fits perfectly amazes me after reading the replies here and following some of the pointers to assess the correct size. Such is life. But I do appreciate the answers and help given and directed to.

Thai bras are made for Thai bodies. Chest size and shape is different, but am rather surprised your girlfriend doesn't know her own cup size. Its rather key to purchasing any bra.

Out of the 36/80. The 80 is the cup size and 36 being the inches which is why I stated 36/80 as opposed to 36/A,B,C. In the same way she tells me she is a 36/80. Maybe she has never even seen an A,B or C cup.

I remember a long time ago going out with a lady who was a 34/50. And 50 being the cup size.

Maybe it is a Thai thing, or the way the sizes are at the market stalls in the small town near her village. Same with the market stalls in Pattaya and true of the big market on Soi Boukhao (sp)., when we used to go shopping there.

Nope. 80 is not a cup size..sorry

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

cup size is ALWAYS a letter. Globally.

http://coopco.com.au/coopco_bra_sizing.php

Not globally.

I finally cracked it after deciding I was getting nowhere with it. Often the case when you are about ready to give up.

The sizes are Chinese smile.png

I gather the Philipines use this measurement too.

If you look at the labels in the attached pictures you can see that the first is a 36/80 and the second is a 38/85 the second number being the cup size. Further investigation gives the information that 36/80 = 36 C (although, I have to agree that, that does not necessarily match every C cup size and that not all women are the same).

I also have to admit I would have agreed with you had I not known differently after shopping with the g/f so many times and hearing many complaints about her not being able to find her size.

But if you ladies ever go to the Thai markets you will see most bra sizes are listed with numbers XX/YY and not letters.

post-189778-0-42644000-1383171865_thumb.

post-189778-0-82485900-1383171884_thumb.

I don't buy 90 baht bras so no i have never seen it without a letter. Thai sizes also have a letter if you buy in the department store.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app