PM Yingluck oversees last selection round of Smart Lady Thailand

webfact

12 women will eventually be selected to partake in an intensive learning course within the 'Smart Lady Thailand House' for one month; their activities during the month will be televised live around the clock. Theory and practice sessions will be on equality, leadership, and social service.

Hopefully there is scope for Yingluck to join this intensive learning course, lord knows she needs it. But I am afraid it may conflict with her world wide shopping spree.

attachicon.gift1main-yingluck1-afp-gi.jpg On reflection she may not qualify

...she must have had that course at least...wouldn't know if she would have passed...but it would make no difference....

...a housewife still became Prime Minister...

...another thing...here in Thailand they equate lying, cheating and stealing to 'being smart'....so what are the 'values' they are really pushing....

...then again...there is the superficial 'smart'......exterior only...which fits in very well with Thai 'culture'.....

(.....a nation without an operating railway line.....the 'Prime Minister' is participating in a gimmick pageant.....)....par for the course..

.(..this one for the younger female vote)......

...the nephew, with his periodic posts target the younger male....confused....rebellious.....mixed with feigned morality and indignation....

.........and on.......and on.........and on............

I cannot imagine any more compulsive viewing than watching a bunch of Thai women talk......

Maybe they will also eat or shop - riveting stuff - however I can get to see all that in the local market without a TV. I would hazard a guess that the stall holders in the market have a bit more upstairs than anyone who would take part in such nonsense as well.

Of course the supreme irony of this show is that no truly 'smart lady' would have anything to do with such nonsense. laugh.png

They heard smart and thought someone was talking about their phones.

but shoes and handbags are also important, let's not be too harsh...

Don't we already have this reality show on Thai TV every morning. It is supposed to be a news/current affairs programme, but seems to be 5 ladies who shop chatting aimlessly around a desk...

Edited by bangon04

Can't wait to see those 12 "finalists". I could almost bet they're all white-as-snow, make-up-plastered, dim-witted bimbos dressed in the latest fashion, wielding several smartphones (where most of their IQ is stored) pasted with cutesy stickers and holding "important positions" especially created for them in their family businesses.

And if they're asked what their aspirations are for the country, they'll probably answer: "I wish world peace for Thailand".

I'm contemplating her sister being a winner - or a supporting role in Cinderella.

Edited by Bagwan
  • Like 2

It will be interesting to see how smart they all look after they've taken off their make-up and readied themselves for bed time.

I guess I'll organize a few parties to watch them sleep. First party guest to point out one of those "smart ladies" snoring or drooling all over her pillow, earns a shooter. I figure we'll all be drunk well before dawn.

"Big Brother" was insulting enough in terms of uninspired TV programming; a house full of social misfits and losers having sex in every corner, and when not, lunging at each others' throats.

But Thailand is of course compelled to top this, always deeply concerned that it might fall out of touch with bad taste.

First we had to endure that ill-conceived "Thaksin Show", an entire village and nation introduced to the delusion that all it takes to lift everyone out of perceived poverty is for the prime minister to throw around generous 1,000-baht tips and hold obscure pep talks that nobody understands.

Then there was "Academia Fantasia", a house inhabited by untalented singers and even worse dancers constantly bickering with one another, and whose imbecile backstabbing schemes one would have expected to be the products of the mind of an underdeveloped 7-year-old.

And now we can look forward to "Smart Lady Thailand House", a house crammed with bimbos who can afford spending an entire month away from their work/education so they can shamelessly prove to us how desperately bleak Thailand's future is in terms of leadership (and common sense).

Oh dear...!

After the Ball was over

Sally took out her glass eye,

Put her false teeth in a basin

Next to a bottle of dye.

Hung up her leg in the corner,

Hung up her arm on the wall

All that that was left went to bye bye

After the Ball.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see those 12 "finalists". I could almost bet they're all white-as-snow, make-up-plastered, dim-witted bimbos dressed in the latest fashion, wielding several smartphones (where most of their IQ is stored) pasted with cutesy stickers and holding "important positions" especially created for them in their family businesses.

And if they're asked what their aspirations are for the country, they'll probably answer: "I wish world peace for Thailand".

You are cruel but fair...

So true!

Aspirations for the country? They'll reply, "Uhh, which country?" That'll win the heart of the PM who is of similar intelligence.

I cannot imagine any more compulsive viewing than watching a bunch of Thai women talk......

Maybe they will also eat or shop - riveting stuff - however I can get to see all that in the local market without a TV. I would hazard a guess that the stall holders in the market have a bit more upstairs than anyone who would take part in such nonsense as well.

We all know the three things they are good at........eat, sleep, watch tv.

• Like 1

We all know the three things they are good at........eat, sleep, watch tv.

you forgot the sex, why most come here.

After the Ball was over

Sally took out her glass eye,

Put her false teeth in a basin

Next to a bottle of dye.

Hung up her leg in the corner,

Hung up her arm on the wall

All that that was left went to bye bye

After the Ball.

"Her eyes were like stars ... they came out at night !" rolleyes.gif

I think it might have been Stanley Holloway, who had a similar British ditty, in the dim-and-distant ? wai2.gif

i dont care if your smart lady yingluck i still want to boom boom you.

Ask Arisaman's opinion first.
Ah, you remember

She wasn't so smart nor much of a lady to be caught in such a compromising position with such a despicable thug.

What 'position' were they caught in? I don't think she's smart enough to interpret the Kama sutra.