Non Immigrant B Extension Requirements (Draft)

SlyAnimal

Hi All,
I thought I'd do up a list of documents which are required for a non immigrant B extension. This thread is just a draft so that I can check that I've got most of the documents correct. I'll then sticky the thread so that it can be used as a reference.

The document names I've put below are just what my gf wrote down when Immigration were giving us the third degree for missing documents a year or so ago. So it might not be missing something, or there might be better names for the documents. So please give your input if you think that there is a better way to name the documents (For either the English or Thai versions).

The document descriptions are also in Thai, as it should make passing on information to your school a bit easier.

Non Immigrant "B" Documents

1/ แบบฟอร์ม (รูปถ่าย) - TM.7

2/ สำเนาหนังสือเดินทาง

3/ สำเนาใบอนุญาตทำงาน

4/ หนังสือจากสำนักงานเขตการศึกษา

5/ หนังสือจากโรงเรียน

6/ หนังสือจากคุรุสภา

7/ สัญญาจ้าง

8/ ใบเสร็จเสียภาษี

1/ Visa Extension form (With photo) - TM.7

2/ Copy of passport pages

3/ Copy of Work Permit

4/ Letter from Education Service Area Office to Immigration

5/ Letter from your School to Immigration

6/ Letter from Krusapa/TCT (Or your 5 year teacher's licence)

7/ Contract (Thai or English)

8/ Tax Return (Not required on the first extension)

Are there any other words of wisdom which you guys would like me to include in the post, or additional documents required?

Also is the TOEIC Test required at immigration for non native speakers? Or just at the department of labour?

Anyway I look forward to hearing some feedback and adding in some of the stuff which I've missed.

:)

• Like 1

This link below can help you.

http://www.siam-legal.com/Business-in-Thailand/thailand-work-permit.php

TOEIC is needed in crusapa only

A TOEIC is only needed for Non native English speakers. The Kurusapa wants to see a TOEIC, before they issue another provisional license.

I'd reckon to take your time table when you're teaching and other documents. I know that the letter of Attorney is only needed by the labor department, but always good to have a copy.

Better to have your contract in Thai and English.

And maybe a copy of the director's ID And a smile in your face, a basket of bird's essence, some papaya salad, ( not too hot) .-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I would like to open a language class for kids. What are the rules n regulations?

The rules are very strict. Your Thai neighbor might have one already. Sorry, but please make a new thread, or read the older ones.

• 6 months later...

i have already had a non B visa for a year which expires om may 6th 2015 as I have been working at a school since January 2014 (came in on tourist visa and got it converted to non B visa. I am changing schools at the end of the academic year and my current work permit expires on March 31st 215, new iob starts around 12th may 2015. what do i do? do i need to leave country to get another tourist visa and wait for new work permit from new school and then apply for another non B or can I just get an extension of my non b visa from immigration while waiting for new work permit if i take a copy of my contract from the new school?

Any advice gratefully received

i have already had a non B visa for a year which expires om may 6th 2015 as I have been working at a school since January 2014 (came in on tourist visa and got it converted to non B visa. I am changing schools at the end of the academic year and my current work permit expires on March 31st 215, new iob starts around 12th may 2015. what do i do? do i need to leave country to get another tourist visa and wait for new work permit from new school and then apply for another non B or can I just get an extension of my non b visa from immigration while waiting for new work permit if i take a copy of my contract from the new school?

Any advice gratefully received

Are you aware of teacher waivers?

Unless you are a credentialed teacher, you can only get 2 waivers to get a work permits without a credential.

Each waiver is good for up to 2 years.

If you change schools after 1 year you will get your 2nd waiver and can teach 2 years at that school.

Leaving a school after 1 year you will loose 1 year of being able to teach without a teaching credential.

After that you will need to be enrolled in university to get a Ed degree to get another waiver to teach without a credential.

I am suprised you got a job for next May already. Do you have good qualifications?

• Like 1

Thanks Brian p803 for sensible advice. I have a CELTA plus 160 hours of specialized TEFL certificates, a BSc honors degree from Univesity college London and about 25 years experience of training young people and professional organisations.

I do not intend to stay teaching in Thailand for more than another academic year, possibly a maximum of two but would then like to teach elsewhere.