Security beefed up at PM's home for anti-government rally

Lite Beer

Security beefed up at PM's home for anti-government rally
By English News

13828630506925-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 27- Security has been tightened at the home of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatr today as protesters from the Thai Patriots Network announced their rally there.

National Police Chief Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew said the overall situation is under control and that police estimate the protester turnout will not be high.

Gen Adul however said security has been stepped up to prevent any incident and that police will not allow protesters to reach the premier's house in Soi Yothinpattani 3 on Navamin-Ramintra Road in Bueng Kum district.

Instead, the police chief said, a compound outside Soi Yothinpattani 3 has been prepared for the protest. Vehicles can still pass the area and roads will not be closed.

The police move came as the network announced its intention to rally in front of Ms Yingluck's home today to demand that the government reject the ruling of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on the Phra Viharn temple disputes.

He said the protesters told police that their protest will not be prolonged, adding that police continue monitoring rallies of many groups including the protests at Urupong intersection, the Thai Patriots Network led by Chaiwat Sinsuwong, and the rubber grower protest in the southern region.

Gen Adul said police believe the groups' movements are related.

Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said the network's rally wants to pressure the premier but its move will cause trouble to those who live around the premier's house. He urged the protesters to submit their petition at Government House instead. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-10-27

Nationalism is disgusting in any country but in Asia is has brought about particularly disturbing consequences...

Look at the Falkland islands, Ireland, Basks (spelling?) in Spain, Southern Tyrol (spelling??) is just talking about talking the opportunity of a weak Italy and buy themself out .....nothing better there.

BANGKOK, Oct 27- Security has been tightened at the home of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatr today as protesters from the Thai Patriots Network announced their rally there.

Is she afraid they might act like red shirts?whistling.gif

National Police Chief Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew said the overall situation is under control and that police estimate the protester turnout will not be high.

Gen Adul however said security has been stepped up to prevent any incident and that police will not allow protesters to reach the premier's house in Soi Yothinpattani 3 on Navamin-Ramintra Road in Bueng Kum district.

Instead, the police chief said, a compound outside Soi Yothinpattani 3 has been prepared for the protest. Vehicles can still pass the area and roads will not be closed.

Is this the same police force that allowed the 2010 red shirt attempted coup?

The police move came as the network announced its intention to rally in front of Ms Yingluck's home today to demand that the government reject the ruling of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on the Phra Viharn temple disputes.

Now that makes no sense unless like Yingluck they believe the ruling will go against Thailand

He said the protesters told police that their protest will not be prolonged, adding that police continue monitoring rallies of many groups including the protests at Urupong intersection, the Thai Patriots Network led by Chaiwat Sinsuwong, and the rubber grower protest in the southern region.

Gen Adul said police believe the groups' movements are related.

Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said the network's rally wants to pressure the premier but its move will cause trouble to those who live around the premier's house

. He urged the protesters to submit their petition at Government House instead. (MCOT online news)

No where near as much as the red shirts did to the neighborhood in Down town Bangkok while the leader of the red shirts sat back in Dubai and ordered his PTP to do nothing to help end the damage to the neighbor's. In fact had several of his underlings urge burning Bangkok down.

Shoe is on the other foot now. show them selves up for the true <deleted> they are.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 2

These are the "Thai Patriots Network". They are on a higher plane than any other groups. In fact opinion is divided as to whether they have any contact with the planet earth!

At least they are doing their bit and trying to get a message across... and sometimes I am certain that Thailand itself has no contact with planet earth... not the one I know at least..! Thailand is sure something else.. and it's why I love to be here.. "just a note" My friend and I were watching the series "Rome" and my friend said to me that this must have been a great time to be alive.. So I told him... we are living it right now..right here. Thaksin thinks he is Ceasar.. and I want to be Brutus... just a thought.. and as for the night-life... Soy Cowboy takes some beating.. Ancient Rome is alive and kicking, thumbsup.gif.. right here... Roll on Nero..

• Like 1

How did all those plods and protesters get visas to Dubai so quickly?

Have you ever been there ?. Its a swetey shIt pit , with hotels. The game is monopoly and they put hotels on top of the Go To Jail square !.

Now that makes no sense unless like Yingluck they believe the ruling will go against Thailand

This together with some other recent events, for example where Yingluck instructs the army to closely monitor the Cambodian border, makes me believe that the ruling has been leaked and is not in the favor of Thailand.

• Like 1