Visa for my girlfriend

Good morning guys,

I am in the process of getting the paperwork together to apply for a holiday visa for my girlfriend to visit my family in the uk, do I need to transfer money to her account if I'm going to sponsor her spending? I am living in Thailand currently and we have no intention to stay in the uk.

I transfer money every month from my salary anyway, ?

Advice on this matter would be great

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

First of all have a read through this uk-visit-visa-basics plenty of good advice there.

Also have a trawl through this forum, you will see that this question has been asked, and answered, numerous times before.

Your girlfriend, remember it's her application, needs to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that her proposed visit is affordable, genuine and that, on the balance of probabilities she will leave the UK at the conclusion of her trip. The most important thing for her to satisfy the ECO is her reason to return, ie ties to Thailand, employment, business commitments and the like.

In answer to your specific question, no you don't need to transfer funds to her account to cover her proposed expenditure. As her sponsor what you do need to do is satisfy the ECO that your sponsorship is appropriate and affordable, you will need to submit evidence that you have the means to do so.

Feel free to come if you have any more questions, and somebody will try to advise.

• Like 1

I missed the part where said you are living in Thailand.

Whilst it remains your girlfriends application, if you can provide evidence of your life and commitment in Thailand, even better if you can demonstrate your life in Thailand together, it would certainly help.

Transferring one single payment to you girl friends bank account will stand out...

As TOG says if your relationship is long standing and you can prove it will help, also "reason to visit" a good reason to visit could help, I.E. you want to introduce you partner to friends and family, maybe a letter or from friends or family inviting you, maybe offering temporary accommodation will help as well.

I missed the part where said you are living in Thailand.

Whilst it remains your girlfriends application, if you can provide evidence of your life and commitment in Thailand, even better if you can demonstrate your life in Thailand together, it would certainly help.

Date stamped photos, in Thailand, going back as far as possible are a big help

If you have a home, then ditto.

Date stamped photos, in Thailand, going back as far as possible are a big help

If you have a home, then ditto.

These can be helpful in showing the relationship when sponsor and applicant live apart; but as the OP and his girlfriend live together and can prove it, I don't really see the necessity.

Wont hurt, though.