Red-shirts disagree over the amnesty bill

webfact

Red-shirts disagree over the amnesty bill

PNPOL561028001000401.jpg

BANGKOK, 28 October 2013 (NNT) - "Red Sunday" group leader, Sombat Boonngamanong, has led a group of red-shirts to tie red ribbons around the Rachaprasong intersection road sign, and discussed how wrong the proposed amnesty bill that would absolve past political crimes was.

Mr. Sombat led the Red Sunday group to tie red ribbons around the Rachaprasong intersection road sign in remembrance of the lives lost in the 2010's political turmoil.

He said in his statement that a number a red-shirts found the amnesty bill unacceptable, as it would condone the crimes committed by those who ordered the killing of the red-shirt protesters.

After tying their red ribbons, the group headed to the nearby McDonalds at the Rachaprasong intersection to further discuss the amnesty bill. According to the group, amnesty should only be given to the people involved in the political clash.

Thaksin, they say, can be given amnesty through other means; without pardoning the criminals who ordered the horrific crackdown that killed nearly 100 and injured over 2,000 red-shirt protesters three years ago.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-10-28 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

After tying their red ribbons, the group headed to the nearby McDonalds at the Rachaprasong intersection to further discuss the amnesty bill. According to the group, amnesty should only be given to the people involved in the political clash.

So amnesty for Abhisit and Suthep and no amnesty for Thaksin according to this group. Thaksin has committed different crimes which by no means can be called political.

"After tying their red ribbons, the group headed to the nearby McDonalds at the Rachaprasong intersection to further discuss the amnesty bill."

Doing there what they always do, I guess - loitering in comfortable air conditioning without making a purchase.

• Like 1

Thaksin, they say, can be given amnesty through other means; without pardoning the criminals who ordered the horrific crackdown that killed nearly 100 and injured over 2,000 red-shirt protesters three years ago.

So The priority is to give Thaksin amnesty even though he is the criminal who instigated and funded the riots which led to all the deaths and injuries.

I see the death toll is still rising and now they are all reds.

No mention of the people who were killed by the armed faction of the reds or by the grenades lobbed at random at their own Thai citizens.

Where are the red defenders who like to sling off at the low numbers of anti Govt protesters.

This lot of reds can all fit into Mc Donalds.

So basically the red shirts want amnesty for all their side,(after all they did nothing wrong !)

and prosecute the Democrat side to the fullest extent of the law (after all they were just trying

to restore order) this just goes to show how mixed up things are in Thailand,

Bringing Abhisit and Suthep to court is just a means to blackmail them into supporting the

blanket amnesty,which surprisingly they wont, this must really confound the Government

as putting the Country before oneself is an alien concept to the majority of Thai politicians,

and all this strife just to whitewash one man.

regards worgeordie

Abhisit may be putting the country before himself, I wouldn't know, but he does have other reasons to decline an amnesty.

If given an amnesty, his opponents will forever claim that he was just lucky, and should and would have been in jail if he had been tried in court.

If he goes to court, where he knows he will win, he will make Thaksin, who ran away from justice, look like a coward. Thaksin is well aware of this which is why he is pushing for an amnesty for Abhisit as well. He will lose whatever face he has left if Abhisit stands trial and wins.

I think it came as a surprise to Thaksin back when he first made sure Tarit from the DSI charged Abhisit with murder and Abhisit subsequently declined the amnesty offer.

• Like 1

The easy way out is to grant everyone his wish.

Since Abhisit wants to fight in court with Suthep, so be it.

Then throw them in jail quickly and for long... and grant amnesty to everyone else. Including Thaksin.

Everyone happy, right? :D

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Then throw them in jail quickly and for long... and grant amnesty to everyone else. Including Thaksin.

If you are accused of a crime such as rape or murder, and get off on a technicality (amnesty in this case) everyone will still consider you a rapist or murderer.

However, if you stand trial you get a chance to prove to everyone that you are not guilty, especially if both the judge's and the prosecutors' salaries are paid by your opponents.

Abhisit is doing the right thing here, both for himself and for Thailand. If he is smart, and if it is legally possible, he will decline an amnesty, even if the amnesty law is implemented and everyone else gets amnesty.

• Like 2

If you are accused of a crime such as rape or murder, and get off on a technicality (amnesty in this case) everyone will still consider you a rapist or murderer.

However, if you stand trial you get a chance to prove to everyone that you are not guilty, especially if both the judge's and the prosecutors' salaries are paid by your opponents.

Abhisit is doing the right thing here, both for himself and for Thailand. If he is smart, and if it is legally possible, he will decline an amnesty, even if the amnesty law is implemented and everyone else gets amnesty.

Yes yes. Indeed. So be it.

Let him go to court. Up to him.

For the rest let's move on.

What do you think happens if Thaksin gets an amnesty, comes back to Thailand and becomes PM again? Happy days for everyone? :-)

Everyone happy, right? biggrin.png

Ok, repeat after me ...............

Everyone who has committed crimes, including Thaksin should go through court.

Everyone who is already convicted of crime, including Thaksin, should go straight to jail.

• Like 1

What do you think happens if Thaksin gets an amnesty, comes back to Thailand and becomes PM again? Happy days for everyone? :-)

It should be OK, don't worry >_>

I am pretty sure more people want Thaksin back and see Abhisit and Suthep in jail. It's all right...

And since these two trumpet that they don't mind to go to jail, everything is perfect. Let them be heroes :D

You are right, Thaksin could even take over the job from his sister. Even better.

Happy end. Very cool. ^_^

Edited by gerry1011

I am pretty sure more people want Thaksin back and see Abhisit and Suthep in jail. It's all right...

And since these two trumpet that they don't mind to go to jail, everything is perfect. Let them be heroes biggrin.png

You are right, Thaksin could even take over the job from his sister. Even better.

Happy end. Very cool. happy.png

I'm gonna agree with you for once, on one condition..........

You post here what Thaksin has ever done good for this country, and don't come up with his good deeds that in fact cost the country more than it benefits the people.

Also don't forget to mention the facts where he " modified" the laws for his own benefits.

• Like 2

Those alcyone days when he was using criminals to beat up children, women and old men who dared to boo at him; yep, those were the days...

• Like 1

And since these two trumpet that they don't mind to go to jail, everything is perfect. Let them be heroes :D

Happy end. Very cool. ^_^

I have a feeling you are just trolling, at least I hope you are, so will discontinue our little chat here :-)

And all at a time where they ask us to respect the death of their Patriarch, it is okay for them to dress like clowns and behave like idiots??coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

All other organization called off demonstrations against the government in respect for the death of the Supreme Patriarch, but the Red shirts again show the amount of disrespect they have for the Thai way of life and Thailand. There are the same Red Shirt supporters along with the Black Shirts, which we have been told were police, that attacked the hospital in which the Supreme Patriarch was undergoing treatment in 2010. Are these Red Shirts being sponsored by the PTP, which had many Red Shirt members?

Such was the teaching in the red shirt schools on democracy. Scr w every one else you are the only ones who count.

Always good to have a court jester. No knowledge needed just wear a silly outfit and dance around while you tell Fairy Tales.