Calm Down, Everyone, Loy Krathong Will Go On

khwaibah

Calm Down, Everyone, Loy Krathong Will Go On Oct 28, 2013

Society

Citynews - Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has confirmed that major Loy Krathong events in Chiang Mai will NOT be cancelled or postponed.
1382972186.jpg
While some activities may be reduced slightly in scale to honour the death of the Supreme Patriarch, according to a TAT spokesperson, the Yee Peng Lantern Release at Mae Jo and other events throughout the city will continue as planned. The free Mae Jo event will take place on Saturday, 16th November.
  • Like 1

Update - The head of the TAT Chiang Mai office checked with Chiang Mai Municipality and reports that they said they have not changed the Yee Peng Festival schedule
2Like · · Share
  • 7 people like this.
  • 276982_326572500625_1651081948_q.jpg
    Chiang Mai Mail Yee Peng is not only the Mae Jo Lantern Release. Yee Peng is the Northern name for the festival. The Festival date falls on November 17 however the festival is three days long and there will be parades and performances as well as people floating krathongs and the khom loy lanterns.
  • Like 1

I was rather hoping Loy Kratong festivities would be toned down a bit. Would like to take the family into the city by the river, but not if it's the usual mayhem.

Personally I gave up on the shyt 7 years back, Its a zoo and a war zone.

First year I went to the local event, and never since. Those huge forecrackers ( more like bombs ) are really dangerous.

I also have a pair of shorts with a hole burned in them by a rocket fired horizontally into the crowd that struck me on my leg. Had it hit my head I could be blind.

TAT is still at it.

หน้าแรก » ข่าว » English News » TAT to hold Loy Krathong festival but will limit celebration to Thai traditional practice, avoid festive activities
13831132757112-640x390x2.jpg TAT to hold Loy Krathong festival but will limit celebration to Thai traditional practice, avoid festive activities
By English News | 30 ต.ค. 2556 13:07 | 97 views | View Comment

TAT to hold Loy Krathong festival but will limit celebration to Thai traditional practice, avoid festive activities; No Loy Krathong will be held in Ayutthaya

Explore MCOT.net
Edited by khwaibah

BUT>>>

Sukhothai is ready for its famous Loy Krathong Festival
ing-default.png
img-calendar.png Date : 31 ตุลาคม 2556
SUKHOTHAI, 31 October 2013 (NNT) - Sukhothai has announced it is ready to host its famous Loy Krathong festival on November 13 to 17.

Chakarin Plianwong, the Sukhothai governor, said in the press conference on Thursday that the 37th year of "Burning candles and lighting lanterns" should be very interesting. Tourists would be able to enjoy ancient traditions such as unique fireworks, traditional Thai performance, and ancient- styled fresh market.

Several activities will also be held including traditional lantern and traditional flower arrangement contests, all of which can only be seen in Sukhothai.

Moreover, Their Majesties the King and Queen will gracefully send 11 kratongs to be floated in an ancient pond, which is in the heart of Sukhothai's Historical Park, where the event will be held.