Washing machine

neilf

I want to buy an LG top loader but can't find out if the machines heat the cold feed as in UK

Help please and/or details of a store with english-----tesco hopeless

Sent from my AM741RC using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Consider looking up the LG site online and reading about their different washing machines.

Alternately, at the store, ask to see the owners manual of the machine your interested in.

Someone at Tesco or elsewhere will surely speak sufficient English.

FWIW: I've had 2 different top loader (not the cheapie 2-tub machines) washing machines in Thailand

and IMHO, their cleaning ability was rather limited.

Unlike top loader machines I'd had in the States, which have large paddles to move the water & clothes around,

the top loaders in Asia have small paddles and mainly just move the clothes around with squirting water.

I'm now in a rental condo which has a Samsung front-loader washing machine installed. I'd not used a front loader

machine before and found the cleaning abilities superior to an Asian top loader model. The Samsung

also has water temp adjustments. OTOH, front loaders are more expensive.

I've not seen any machines that heat the water here. Modern detergents are designed to work with water at the temperature it comes out of the tap here so I doubt there is much demand for heating. If you want hot water you could always fit a standard electric water heater at the input of the washing machine, I suppose, and this would probably work out cheaper than buying a special washing machine.

The LG top-loader in my condo does a great job in about 45 minutes with tap-temperature water and the paddle seems very effective.

I have an LG top loader auto 10.5kl. No it doesn't heat the water as it's always warm + as stated the powder used here work's in tepid water. Cost about 10k then not much different now, great buy very pleased with it never had a problem well did have 1 small prob: and that was because the G/L couldn't work the auto bit, reminded me of the time I brought her a steam iron that she wouldn't put water in because she said water and electric don't mix.

N/B got mine at Makro as it was the cheapest place at the time.

It also play's a tune at the end of every cycle hour's of fun well if your Thai.

Edited by fredob43

I bought my Samsung Tornado Top Loader Washing Machine about 8 Years ago, ( it does not heat the water)

It's been the best Washing Machine I ever had !

I use it every single day, and its still going strong.

It's sort of basic, but toploaders have their bearings in a vertical axis.

Sidelaoders with more stress on horizontal bearings will only run to destruction much more quickly.

This does not address the water heating issue but have been looking at LG models which appear to be be efficient.

Will find out when I buy one!

no built in water heaters in Thailand i know of (but someone will prove me wrong on here of course)

you want hot water then run it though a shower heater before it gets to the tub as i did

turn it on and off for hot wash as required

Edited by blackman

no built in water heaters in Thailand i know of (but someone will prove me wrong on here of course)

you want hot water then run it though a shower heater before it gets to the tub as i did

That seems like a simple, elegant solution.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Top loaders no but front loaders have different temperature settings so of course heat the water........biggrin.png

Can't answer about top loaders here in Thailand but my LG side loader does heat the water if required:

post-10942-0-50168500-1383099482_thumb.p

EDIT: purchased at Numchai in Pattaya and their installation was top notch. Even drilled through my kitchen wall to connect to inside water feed and also installed permanent drain ( all included in price) And I have the knowledge that if anything goes wrong Numchai will be there to make it right

Edited by Langsuan Man

We've got a Siemens front loader that heats the water. Even does steam cleaning. I did some research on this before we bought and from what I read, the recommendations were towards front loaders. Can't remember why.

Stop by Numchai. Some of the reps do speak English. They've got a pretty good selection and the best repair shop in town.