BIB

nivram4491

See not all BIB are what that have been said by many in this forum....welcomeani.gif.pagespeed.ce.WEO6J5z5nm.g

Most people understand that generalizations do not apply to every single person within a group. However, helping out when a tourist has a puncture does not necessarily exclude this policeman from corrupt behaviour. Even Thaksin gave money to charity.

Getting a flat tire in some distant place where we dont know where the fix it shop is and the problem of communication is one of those difficult situations that many of us have had here from time to time. So nice to hear how the policemen helped you out.

I don't think it added anything to this thread to point out that the policeman might still be corrupt in other circumstances. It's a nice story, why say that?

The policeman might also still beat his wife at home and enjoy running over stray kittens with his car.

Welcome to ThaiVisa, where any sunshine story will always have somebody trying to find something bad in it. Even if it means inventing it.

You don't have to be a policeman or a Thai to do those things.

You guys must be a real crowd pleaser's at happy parties.

No experience with them myself but once my wife got a ticket for not wearing her helmet and they make her go into the cop shop and pay 400 baht. Not sure where that fits in with wife beating running over stray kittens with your car or corruption.

Just thought I would mention it.wai2.gif

Me and a couple of friends were given a ride home in the back of a police pickup here (not in handcuffs either!) when we were really pissed and there were no tuk tuks or Songthaews to be seen.... maybe he was just amazed that there were people that don't drink drive whistling.gif

I have had largely positive experiences with the BiB.