Air India Baggage allowance

MaprangHolmes

On the subject of International Airlines...... Have you good folk noticed a lot of highly discounted , even FREE one-way fares being offered by Tiger Air?

I'm wondering, even if you manage to get one FOC (Free Of Charge) or heavily discounted, how much will it cost for the RETURN?

Waded through all the bumf on their website but couldn't find anything. Given TIGER AIR's very Poor performance in the past, I'd be interested to see what you folks know about the latest deals.

went via mumbai once! never again they stole my dunhill lighter from me, waved around ak47 at everbody, then had to line up with 500 other people for passport control only 2 people checking, then missed conecting flight! what a s--t hole this dump realy needs the talents of mr swan and mr vesta!!!! sad.png

• Like 1

I believe 30kg on leaving 20kg on arrival.....or was that Heathrow.

I doubt that the departure and arrival weights would be different.

Have you ever arrived at Heathrow?

Of course, mostly with (Jet) Air India and the baggage allowance both ways is 30Kg.

Air India never never, traveled with them one time and I was very worried if the plane could get off the ground,

Indians checking in their baggage, they check in 3-5 huge coloured bags so over weight and carry on baggage loads of it and never ever see them being stopped.

They buy so much in Thailand to take back.

• Like 2

went via mumbai once! never again they stole my dunhill lighter from me, waved around ak47 at everbody, then had to line up with 500 other people for passport control only 2 people checking, then missed conecting flight! what a s--t hole this dump realy needs the talents of mr swan and mr vesta!!!! sad.png

I've been this route 4 times without problem - I guess you must have been unlucky!!

• Like 1

On air India you have a checked in baggage allowance of 30KG but I am unable to find out, how many bags you are allowed to check in? Could you for example spread the allowance over 3 days so each bag would weigh 10KG?

Unless specified airlines generally have either a simple weight limit or a piece limit with a maximum weight per piece.

So if there is a simple weight limit you can split that into many pieces. On the other hand a piece limit you can only have that many pieces.

An example of the piece limit is ANA, until may this year economy was 2 pieces max 23kg each. It is now 1 piece max 23kg