2nd Triple Entry Tourist Visa

I got my first Triple Entry Tourist Visa in London. When it expires in 9 months after doing 3 30 day extensions. Whats my chances of flying home and getting another Triple Entry Visa straight away or would it be better to leave it for a while and then apply?

It should be no problem to get another 3 entry visa.

After how many triple entry visas do they start to ask questions?

Its not the number of triple entry visas you should be concerned about ! It is the difficulty associated with obtaining them.

Unobtainable in nearby countries so you are faced with long haul trips which makes each visa very expensive !

If you wish to stay in Thailand why not seek a legal means of doing so ?

An ED visa is for those intending to learn the Thai language or whatever other subject that person wishes to study and not an alternative to stay in Thailand long term, i.e. you must be committed to study that subject and not abuse the visa.

I have been on an ED visa now for nearly 6 months learning the Thai language having changed my Non-immigrant O visa to an ED visa. Yes, a legal way to remain in Thailand but, as I say, do not abuse the system and attend classes on a regular basis and enjoy.

How often do you have attend your language school

An ED visa is for those intending to learn the Thai language or whatever other subject that person wishes to study and not an alternative to stay in Thailand long term, i.e. you must be committed to study that subject and not abuse the visa.

I have been on an ED visa now for nearly 6 months learning the Thai language having changed my Non-immigrant O visa to an ED visa. Yes, a legal way to remain in Thailand but, as I say, do not abuse the system and attend classes on a regular basis and enjoy.

How often do you have attend your language school

Obviously depends on the school as to how they schedule their lessons but in my particular case, and as I reside approx 3 hrs travelling time from greater BKK, I attend once a week (4 lessons of just over 1 hr per lesson). Usually it's 1, 2 or 4 lessons per week.

• Like 1

Acording to Bangkok Buddy ,a visa run company told us that

citizens G7 countries such a UK US JP...who entry from land border

can stay Thailand 30 days without any visa. Rule has been changed

since 28 October 2013.

I never take a tourist visa any more . Sorry for my poor English

Acording to Bangkok Buddy ,a visa run company told us that

citizens G7 countries such a UK US JP...who entry from land border

can stay Thailand 30 days without any visa. Rule has been changed

since 28 October 2013.

I never take a tourist visa any more . Sorry for my poor English

Many countries citizens are eligible for a 30 day "visa exempt" entry if arriving by air but not by land ( only 15 days)

I do not know if "JP" is one.

Be aware some airlines require a person to have a confirmed flight out of Thailand within the 30 days before boarding is allowed.

smile.png

• 1 month later...

how long did it take to get your triple tv in London?

Went there on the Tuesday. Dropped passport off and paid fee. Was in there 10 minutes. Told to pick it up next day after 11am. Got there at 10.55am. Got my passport with visa in 15 minutes. I thought it was going to take longer. Good service.

Edited by CFC

Hello CFC,

We have a double entry visa and have arranged to go to Laos for 10 days and return by air from Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai.

Would you please help us with some unknowns because this is the first time we have this kind of visa?

1. Do we need a re-entry permit to come back?
  2. Can we obtain 2x a 30 days extension, one for each visa?
  3. We have made a worksheet to figure out the dates etcetera. Would you please take a look at it and comment?
  4. We do not know about a triple entry visa. Could you please explain and what are the conditions to get one?

Thank you,

Double Entry Visa max stay calculation.xls

1. Not needed, unless you want to keep your first entry.

2. each entry can be extended by 30 days.

3. Looks OK, but don't forget the visa valditiy starts from day of issuance and will normally be valid for 6 months if issued outside of Asia. You must make all 2 entries before the visa expires.

4.a triple entry gives you 3 entries into Thailand and costs 3 times 1,000 baht in local currency. If they will issue depends on the consulate, the need depend on your travel plans.

• Like 1

Hello CFC,

We have a double entry visa and have arranged to go to Laos for 10 days and return by air from Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai.

Would you please help us with some unknowns because this is the first time we have this kind of visa?

1. Do we need a re-entry permit to come back?
  2. Can we obtain 2x a 30 days extension, one for each visa?
  3. We have made a worksheet to figure out the dates etcetera. Would you please take a look at it and comment?
  4. We do not know about a triple entry visa. Could you please explain and what are the conditions to get one?

Thank you,

AHVV I have only been here a very short time and still learning the game. There's people who have been here a lot longer that can answer your questions. I don't want to give you incorrect information.

• Like 1

Hello Mario,

Thank you!

Today we had another experience we would like to share. We went to the Chiang Mai Immigration Office to find out about the dates concerning our double entry visas. It showed that when we arrived at the airport in BKK the immigration officer had made a mistake and his stamp showed only 1 month for the end date of the first visa for my wife's visa! (15 December instead of 15 Jan!). Our luck was that we were helped by a nice lady who sent us to the copy office and after that it was put right.

So better check the dates when you arrive at the immigration at the border (not always easy after a long flight!)

And you are right about the consulates. We are dutch but live in France and on their site no mention is made of a triple entry visa! Since we are going to Laos for the visa run they demanded a return air ticket with the application form. We obliged. Our neighbour here went for the same kind of visa to Vientiane a week ago and came back over land by bus?! It looks indeed like different countries have different requirements and visa types..

Obviously more people are using a multiple entry tourist visa instead of a O-A retirement visa. Could that be a matter of age (min age >50) or maybe money in a thai bank account?

Thanks again,

Adrian

• Like 1