Well done VFS and British Embassy

I phoned VFS - someone answered the phone, went away and came back after a short time with the answer to my query. They did not guess.thumbsup.gif

I also sent them an email, they let me know they were considering it, and then they sent me a reply answering all the points I had raised. coffee1.gif

I cannot so far fault the service at VFS and would also like to take this opportunity to praise them. clap2.gif

They work to rules, they can only quote the rules and explain them. They are not responsible for the rules - good or bad. I feel they are doing exactly what they should be doing. and from my personal experience they are doing it efficiently.smile.png

I phoned VFS - someone answered the phone, went away and came back after a short time with the answer to my query. They did not guess.thumbsup.gif

I also sent them an email, they let me know they were considering it, and then they sent me a reply answering all the points I had raised. coffee1.gif

I cannot so far fault the service at VFS and would also like to take this opportunity to praise them. clap2.gif

They work to rules, they can only quote the rules and explain them. They are not responsible for the rules - good or bad. I feel they are doing exactly what they should be doing. and from my personal experience they are doing it efficiently.smile.png

Agree. Vfs are doing exactly what it says on the tin - not always the case in Thailand and I know of situations where they have been less than helpful.

In my case there were a couple of people who went that extra yard to make this work. I also had a very helpful email direct from the embassy - which is unusual.

My friend was standing on Regents House doorstep at 08:00 hrs on Wednesday hoping to check in at 10:00 hrs for a flight at 13:10 hrs that she wasn't even booked on !

A helpful member of Vfs staff and a wonderful provincial travel agent got the job done.

She is now by her husband's bedside in a London hospital - and that, for me, makes all the effort worthwhile.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar case back in 2009 when my wife was in hospital on "life support". The British embassy in Bangkok issued a visa immediately for her son to visit her in the UK within 24 hrs.

The Thai authorities were more interested in getting a hand written letter from my wife who was on life support... <deleted>!! and whether I was child trafficking or not.

Goes to show a little common sense makes all the differnece.

Guemlum