****ing white ants again

seajae

well it would seem the white ants have taken revenge on our house(6 years old), we had an electrical fault so got our sparky to come have a look.

When he tried to cut a hole in the ceiling to check out the fault the whole section of the ceiling collapsed, the electrical wires had been stripped of the outer plastic coverings and the gyprock had also been stripped of all the paper covering. We have had to have the whole ceiling downstairs removed, they are rewiring all the bottom floor then putting in a new ceiling. Some how I do not think the people my wife pays 10,000 baht a year for termite protection are using a good product, pity we cannot sue them as if they were using a good quality product this would not have happened. The amount of damage points to a very long attack period and the exterminators have been used since the house was new. The concrete sections in the ceiling are covered in termite tracks from one side of the house to the other. After this we will be getting a new contractor, any suggestions for a good termite person in Surat Thani would be appreciatedsad.png

I have sympathy for your situation.

People just don't understand when they first come here where there are plastic doors to the bathroom, kitchen cabinets are made from concrete with tiles for their surface.

I know the rats sometimes eat through the electric cable ... never in my wildest dreams could I imagine that termites (white ants) could or would also ... till this ...

post-104736-0-77653400-1383187562_thumb.

Nor do they believe that they eat the paper backing of the Gyprock sheets ... but they do ... blink.png

Good Luck ...

I have sympathy for your situation.

People just don't understand when they first come here where there are plastic doors to the bathroom, kitchen cabinets are made from concrete with tiles for their surface.

I know the rats sometimes eat through the electric cable ... never in my wildest dreams could I imagine that termites (white ants) could or would also ... till this ...

attachicon.gifP8030015LR.JPG

Nor do they believe that they eat the paper backing of the Gyprock sheets ... but they do ... blink.png

Good Luck ...

yes me for example, when I came first I couldn't understand why they build these ugly concrete buildings instead of the beautiful Thai wooden houses.

Now I know.

I knew we had white ant problems but until this just didnt realize how bad as I had presumed the exterminator had it under control. There were just large sections of gyprock completely stripped of covering and the plaster reamining was just very brittle. Like you I was surprised at the wiring, didnt think they would touch that at all. Electricians are doing the new wiring now, plasterer put up new suspension work yesterday and will finish sheeting once the sparky is finished then I will do my bit and paint it all(glad I am a tradesman), should look good when its all done.

white ants eating through plastic thats a new one on me. cockroaches rats mice yes for sure. must be a different breed of white ant than i have encountered.

have encounter ordinary small red ants that will go through things like unopened unholed mama noodle packets everytime you leave a new one out anywhere. thought that was unusual. something they taught themselves in one location. many locations the ants in thailand eat the sweat off of your already worn t-shirts leaving perforation holes for extra ventilation.

Edited by gone2