Change Galaxy S3 to Local firmware

thaimite

I hope one of you guys can give me some simple tips.

I have just purchased a Galaxy S4 for myself and the wife wants my old S3. No problem except that as it was purchased out side of Thailand the firmware (19300XXEMF6) does not support Thai.

Is it a simple matter of going to the Sammobile site and downloading the latest Thai firmware which can then be flashed usig odin or are there any issues to watch out for such as using the same vbaseband version (19300XXEMA5)?

The 2nd part of my question has anybody done this with Linux? I believe Odin has a Linux version, if not I will have to find somebody with a windows machinesad.png I have never managed to get my phone to connect to Kies in VMWare, but maybe Odi wil work but I do not like the idea of flashing a ROM from a virtual machine.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by thaimite

Is it a simple matter of going to the Sammobile site and downloading the latest Thai firmware which can then be flashed usig odin

That should work; I've done it many times on SGS1, SGS2, SGS3 and a few Samsung Tablets.

I use ODIN on Win7/64.

I guess you could just take it to a counter shop; I can't see them charging much more than 500 baht for this?

Is it a simple matter of going to the Sammobile site and downloading the latest Thai firmware which can then be flashed usig odin

I guess you could just take it to a counter shop; I can't see them charging much more than 500 baht for this?

That was Plan A. I was in Ubon Ratchathani yesterdy and could find no volunteers. I did not manage to get to the Samsung service centre before it closed, and now every 5 minutes my wife is hassling me to get it done.

I rooted the gf's S3 that I took from London, then used Language Enabler to enable Thai. The languages are all their, just hidden.

Only problem this caused is that Allshare Cast doesn't like the rooted firmware.

Edited by tw25rw