Qatar Business class deal.

mickmac

Qatar Airlines has just put up a 2 seats for price of 1 in business class on several international routes, BKK-> LHR and BKK->CDG to name but two. The travel has to be before the end of March 2014, and the tickets have to be used together.

Hope this helps.

It's a good one to me but need to check the layover time in Doha (the world's least favourite airport) when booking.

Why ? Is it worse than Abu Dhabi (Etihad) and Cairo (Egyptian air) ?

I'm thinking of flying Qatar

Haven't been to Cairo for many years but Doha is worse than Abu Dhabi.

OK if you only have a couple of hours or so stopover. Qatar Airways are as good as you can find, excellent in fact, just let down by their home airport.

Edited by Bpuumike

A lot of times these fares are tied to the highest bucket, which even when divided by two can be on the higher side of a heavily discounted, low-fare bucket.

Obviously you need to be flexible re: travel dates, and there may only be two seats available for this promotion on certain routes.

Search around, and be ready to pounce, and assuming you are flexible, you should do alright. Note that taxes and surcharges apply to the Companion (free?) ticket as well, and if they add on YQ, that can be significant.

Note the ticket by/travel by dates, blackout dates, min (and max) stays, Max stay is bounded by the travel complete date of March 31, 2014.

It's a good one to me but need to check the layover time in Doha (the world's least favourite airport) when booking.

Why ? Is it worse than Abu Dhabi (Etihad) and Cairo (Egyptian air) ?

I'm thinking of flying Qatar

Haven't been to Cairo for many years but Doha is worse than Abu Dhabi.

OK if you only have a couple of hours or so stopover. Qatar Airways are as good as you can find, excellent in fact, just let down by their home airport.

there's nothing wrong with the Qatar business and first class lounges in Doha.

223,000 baht for a 30-March departure - Perhaps the Web didn't apply the 2 for one deal.

The last time I flew Qatar they had those awful 170 degree flat beds (not the completely horizontal beds) - this prevented me from flying them again.

But if I could get a my Wife and I on a flight business class flight for 100k I'd take an extra trip home in March. However, The prices don't appear so.

The lounges in Qatar were fine last time I was in transit. When booking additional care needs to be taken with the Qatar transit times.

223,000 baht for a 30-March departure

Travel period 4th November 2013 - 31st March 2014

So travel must be completed, i.e. your return, not just your departure, by 31 March 2014.

A departure on 30 Match 2014, along with a min. stay of three days would make your proposed itin. invalid for this promotion.

• Like 1

So travel must be completed, i.e. your return, not just your departure, by 31 March 2014.

A departure on 30 Match 2014, along with a min. stay of three days would make your proposed itin. invalid for this promotion.

Noted... (Usually these offers are for a departure before date - I didn't pay a great deal of attention to the phrase 'Travel Period'..

Updated price is 139,000 baht for 2 to the UK.

However, the return transit times range from 8:20 hrs to 21:00 hrs - OUCH !... (outbound 1:55 hrs)...

Edit: A further search on slightly different dates shows outbound layover of 2:50 hrs and return of 2:20 hrs - Not bad..

If wanting to fly at that time its a great deal.

Edited by richard_smith237

Return was within a month...

Which is outside of the allowed travel period.

totster :)

Return was within a month...

Which is outside of the allowed travel period.

totster smile.png

Yep - Post edited accordingly...