Retirement visa

My extension ends on the 1rst of Feb. which is a Sat. the only day available for an appointment is the 3rd of Feb on Monday. Checked the full month of jan no vacancies. I believe I have read here that if the date falls on Sat.Or Sun. that immigration will give you benefit of a doubt. Any news lately in Chiang Mai of this happening. Thanks guys I will also go out to Immigration on Monday and ask a few questions about this I will get back to you on this as well

Edited by moe666

It is not mandatory to make an appointment. You can go on any day in January and do it. Just be there early in the morning and get a number.

I know just trying avoid that hassel at Chiang mai immigration. I am going over on Monday to ask if I can come in on the 3rd it will make my life easier hehehehe . Thanks Joe

It is not mandatory to make an appointment. You can go on any day in January and do it. Just be there early in the morning and get a number.

I know just trying avoid that hassel at Chiang mai immigration. I am going over on Monday to ask if I can come in on the 3rd it will make my life easier hehehehe . Thanks Joe

If you're trying to avoid hassles I would suggest doing a little waiting in a queue would be better than leaving it to the last minute. If there's any kind of delay or request for additional paperwork, you'll have no time to sort it out and then the hassles will be far worse.

• Like 1

If you're trying to avoid hassles I would suggest doing a little waiting in a queue would be better than leaving it to the last minute. If there's any kind of delay or request for additional paperwork, you'll have no time to sort it out and then the hassles will be far worse.

Agreed and even then its only an "extension of stay" which will be given not a visa !

• Like 1

Agreed and even then its only an "extension of stay" which will be given not a visa !

"...its only an "extension of stay" which will be given not a visa !"

Yes. Surprised that I missed the opportunity to say that too. One of my favorite aggravations is someone talking about visas when they mean extension of stay.