Red shirts feel betrayed: Amnesty push turns anger against Thaksin and Pheu Thai

webfact

You can sense something is in the air; just looking at Facebook, I've never seen so many Thais angry about something. Old, young, rich and poor - there's a huge resentment to what the government chooses to word as democracy.

I just don't get the pro-Thaksin supporters on here, can't they see it's about HIM, not the people. It's never, ever been about the people, he's used them for votes, for power and wealth. No other PM in Thailand's history stole more money from the country than he did.

We all know what's going to happen, he will come back to power and change the voting system and rule and he will try and get the money he stole his money back.

How is this, good for Thailand?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can sense something is in the air; just looking at Facebook, I've never seen so many Thais angry about something.  Old, young, rich and poor - there's a huge resentment to what the government chooses to word as democracy.

I just don't get the pro-Thaksin supporters on here, can't they see it's about HIM, not the people.  It's never, ever been about the people, he's used them for votes, for power and wealth.  No other PM in Thailand's history stole more money from the country than he did.

We all know what's going to happen, he will come back to power and change the voting system and rule and he will try and get the money he stole  his money back.

I don't think I would call myself a "pro Thaksin".

I am rather an anti anti-Thaksin.

The same as you don't understand the people supporting Thaksin, I also don't understand how some can be so obsessed by only one man, that they are willing to keep the whole country backwards. Only because their hatred for one man.

It is not rational at all...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You can sense something is in the air; just looking at Facebook, I've never seen so many Thais angry about something. Old, young, rich and poor - there's a huge resentment to what the government chooses to word as democracy.

I just don't get the pro-Thaksin supporters on here, can't they see it's about HIM, not the people. It's never, ever been about the people, he's used them for votes, for power and wealth. No other PM in Thailand's history stole more money from the country than he did.

We all know what's going to happen, he will come back to power and change the voting system and rule and he will try and get the money he stole his money back.

The same as you don't understand the people supporting Thaksin, I also don't understand how some can be so obsessed by only one man, that they are willing to keep the whole country backwards. Only because their hatred for one man.

A fair and logical point; I guess it's the fear of what people see as a potential evil or dictatorship coming.

The passion on both sides comes from the Thais that then rubs off on Westerners as we do tend to like debate and hold strong opinions more than many Thais like (or are taught how) to do. With Thais getting heated by this, no wonder it causes debate on here.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

You say that people "are willing to keep the whole country backwards only because of their hatred for one man", but many of those people believe that that one man will keep the country going backwards.

It's not only about Thaksin, it's about what he represents. Sure, "all politicians are like that", but by accepting Thaksin, you're effectively accepting all politicians that are like that.

The red shirts, and the people that they supposedly represent, don't need Thaksin to come back to have "a better life". They have their party in power, so they should be able to get the things that they want and need. How does Thaksin change that?

Funny man have the courage to say what you are. Your dribble is getting to the point where even the red shirts are ignoring you.

Thaksin will help the country leap ahead with out him the whole country will be held backwards.

Do you really believe that. So far he has made himself vary rich and taken Thailand from the biggest exporter of rice in the world to the biggest storeroom of rotten rice in the world. While millions of people suffered from floods in 2011 he told the U S no we did not need any help. While he continued to rape the country,

You talk about rational and yet you say irrational things. Like to see Thaksin for what he is and has done to the country and not like him is hatred.

Using your rational you love him do you have loving dreams of him?

You can sense something is in the air; just looking at Facebook, I've never seen so many Thais angry about something.  Old, young, rich and poor - there's a huge resentment to what the government chooses to word as democracy.

I just don't get the pro-Thaksin supporters on here, can't they see it's about HIM, not the people.  It's never, ever been about the people, he's used them for votes, for power and wealth.  No other PM in Thailand's history stole more money from the country than he did.

We all know what's going to happen, he will come back to power and change the voting system and rule and he will try and get the money he stole  his money back.

Funny man have the courage to say what you are. Your dribble is getting to the point where even the red shirts are ignoring you.

Thaksin will help the country leap ahead with out him the whole country will be held backwards.

Do you really believe that. So far he has made himself vary rich and taken Thailand from the biggest exporter of rice in the world to the biggest storeroom of rotten rice in the world. While millions of people suffered from floods in 2011 he told the U S no we did not need any help. While he continued to rape the country,

You talk about rational and yet you say irrational things. Like to see Thaksin for what he is and has done to the country and not like him is hatred.

Using your rational you love him do you have loving dreams of him?

What a heated passion :rolleyes:

Here's my objection to Thaksin - he came in, did some pretty good stuff for about 2 years, then started showing his true colours by ignoring the governmental controls that come with a democracy. The power went to his head and he decided that he was more than just a Prime Minister in a democratic system.

So yes, whybother is right - it's about what he represents, which is autocracy, dictatorship and right-wing fascism.

Of course, his outright animosity towards (and, many claim, murder of) those that disagree with him, his disrespect for and manipulation of the rule of Law, and his brazen claims that he is above criticism from international human rights organisations and that democracy is not what he wants, add quite a bit of weight to this.

• Like 1