Non O in Laos?

Brings up another question actually.

An "marriage"extendable visa does not need to be extended to one year by showing all the documents or money. You can go in and out every three months with a multi entry.

Is this the same for a "retirement" visa?

You will not get a multiple entry non-o in Vientiane. Savannakhet does them with no financial proof needed if married to a Thai.

For retirement you will not get one at any nearby embassy or consulate.

Any non immigrant visa can be extended at immigration.

Edited by ubonjoe

There is no retirement visa - the visa issued for those on retirement is the non immigrant O-A and that is only available in home/residence country with financial proof/police report/medical. It provides a one year stay on entry.

Any non immigrant visa entry is extendable if you meet the conditions and no further exits are required.

Does Savannakhet give Non-imm O (single or multiple) visa for persons with a Thai child? Financial proof needed?  Any problems extending this for one year?

Are you the legal father by marriage or getting your parenthood legitimized?

If not the most you can get is a single entry visa and 60 day extensions at immigration.

My experience with getting the visa is that financial proof is never required for issuing the visa. It is only required for applying for the available 1 year extension. If only extending for 3 months at a time, only the exit and re-entry stamps are required. But you need a multi entry for this.

Does Savannakhet give Non-imm O (single or multiple) visa for persons with a Thai child? Financial proof needed? Any problems extending this for one year?

If not the most you can get is a single entry visa and 60 day extensions at immigration.

My name is on the birth certificate. Is that what you mean by legitimized?

Thankssmile.png

Does Savannakhet give Non-imm O (single or multiple) visa for persons with a Thai child? Financial proof needed?  Any problems extending this for one year?

My name is on the birth certificate.  Is that what you mean by legitimized?

ThanksPosted Image

Just your name on the on birth certificate is not enough.

Legitimization is done by court order or if child is old enough (7) at an Amphoe.

My experience with getting the visa is that financial proof is never required for issuing the visa. It is only required for applying for the available 1 year extension. If only extending for 3 months at a time, only the exit and re-entry stamps are required. But you need a multi entry for this.

There are many places that want some amount of of financial proof to issue a multiple entry visa..

Getting a new 90 day entry is not an extension.

There are many places that want some amount of of financial proof to issue a multiple entry visa..

Getting a new 90 day entry is not an extension.

I have only ever got mine In Canada. I guess I am not well informed. But a multi in Savanaket with no proof is possible....thank you.

Great. Thanks. Still not sure whether I'll go to Canada or not. Just checking options.

Question. Savanaket....Anyone know of agents who will help out for a reasonable price? I remember going to Phnom Phen a couple of years back for a dbl entry tourist visa and there was an agent recommended....he was very helpful.

Thanks again ;)

ThanksPosted Image

Legitimization is done by court order or if child is old enough (7) at an Amphoe.

I have just legitimised my being the father through the court,what options do I have to obtain a non o locally,do you still have to show funds ?

Where is the best place going on recent experiences ?

I am hoping to obtain a one year multi entry due to my working overseas,at present I continue to fly here mostly on a one way ticket and enter on a visa exempt of which I have extended before at immigration for 60 days.

Thus far I've encountered no problems with the airlines but maybe that's just luck or judgement on their part.

It's finally time to arrange a long term visa.

Cheers

Stoneyboy.

Does Savannakhet give Non-imm O (single or multiple) visa for persons with a Thai child? Financial proof needed? Any problems extending this for one year?

My name is on the birth certificate. Is that what you mean by legitimized?

Thankssmile.png

Thanks Joe wai2.gif

I suppose this is the same at the embassy in Vientiane and other consulates nearby?

If I understand the replies correctly, I will not get a multi entry non o in Vientiane, but I will in Savanaket. Correct? Multi entry is what I want.

Correct.Only Savannahket can you get the O-M based on marriage. M= multi good for 12 months and if you play your card correctly can get 15 months.

Edited by khwaibah

ThanksPosted Image

I have just legitimised my being the father through the court,what options do I have to obtain a non o locally,do you still have to show funds ?

I am hoping to obtain a one year multi entry due to my working overseas,at present I continue to fly here mostly on a one way ticket and enter on a visa exempt of which I have extended before at immigration for 60 days.

Thus far I've encountered no problems with the airlines but maybe that's just luck or judgement on their part.

Cheers

Stoneyboy.

You should be able to get one in Savannakhet with no financial proof. But contact them first to confirm.

You could also get an extension of a stay at immigration with 40k baht income or 400k in the bank. Then get a multiple re-entry permit.

ThanksPosted Image

Cheers

Stoneyboy.

You should be able to get one in Savannakhet with no financial proof. But contact them first to confirm.

You could also get an extension of a stay at immigration with 40k baht income or 400k in the bank. Then get a multiple re-entry permit.

Thanks,I don't have time to organise it this time as I'm away to work again on Monday,I will be enquiring upon my return early November,thanks for the quick reply.