tramadol

rodknock

I read somewhere quite recently that the government were considering making it a controlled drug, but not that it had already happened , but who knows?

Suggest you shop around, because if it has been made a controlled drug it has only just happened and there must be plenty of stores that will still sell it to you. I also take it for my abdomen pains, so I will need to look into this, as well.

I read somewhere that it is not going to be on general sale in pharmacies anymore (sorry can't recall the link).

Three pharmacie that I used to get it say they are no longer allowed to sell it, but I bought two boxes in Citrus @30 baht strip of 10 (200 total) and they said nothing. I will try and find the link.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tramadol is now a Controlled drug, it must be the old batch they sold you or it is truely the UNDER the counter as same as many other benzodiazepines they illegally sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Tramadol is now a Controlled drug, it must be the old batch they sold you or it is truely the UNDER the counter as same as many other benzodiazepines they illegally sale. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I have been unable to confirm this. According to both the FDA website and MIMs, it is not classified as a narcotic or psychotropic and remains category "D" which does not require a prescription, though it does require records of sales to be kept and sale only in places which have a grade one pharmacist on duty at all times. Most places do not have this, plus many would not want the hassle of the record-keeping, but it appears that it is still sold by some larger pharmacies staffed at all times but grade one pharmacists and willing to keep the needed records.

Cheers bazmib, I still think it's a stupid reaction.

Someone ought to tell Narong Rattananugul that there can be serious consequences with zillions of drugs if they are used in combination with certain others, plus alcohol, plus carbonated drinks + +.

Why not take Paracetamol off the shelf too, there are plenty of people who don't know what that can do to your liver.

Ridiculous!!

Perhaps mims has not launched their 2014 edition Sheryl, for all Tramadol order now, being pharmacy clinic or hospital, ones have to prove they have license for substance controlled as same as pseudorphridrine. I can not be any happier, hopefully they will come to antibiotics soon to stop this nonsense antibiotics overused.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Perhaps mims has not launched their 2014 edition Sheryl, for all Tramadol order now, being pharmacy clinic or hospital, ones have to prove they have license for substance controlled as same as pseudorphridrine. I can not be any happier, hopefully they will come to antibiotics soon to stop this nonsense antibiotics overused. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

As your knowledge appears to be limited ------------WHAT is "pseudorphridrine " ?

May I suggest you post a link where we can all read about the re-classification of "Tramadol"

Thanks smile.png

Perhaps mims has not launched their 2014 edition Sheryl, for all Tramadol order now, being pharmacy clinic or hospital, ones have to prove they have license for substance controlled as same as pseudorphridrine. I can not be any happier, hopefully they will come to antibiotics soon to stop this nonsense antibiotics overused. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

As your knowledge appears to be limited ------------WHAT is "pseudorphridrine " ?

May I suggest you post a link where we can all read about the re-classification of "Tramadol"

Thanks smile.png

No need to be insulting.Obviously this is just a typo and he means pseudoephedrine which has indeed been reclassifed. I believe PMNL works in this field.

The MIMs site indeed doesn't get updated very often. And the FDA website list hasn't been updated since May 2012. So it is possible that there has been a change, I just haven't been able to confirm it.

As controls are exercised through whom is allowed to receive drugs which are controlled, whenever there is a change in classification, pharmacies still often have residual stock and will often keep selling until it is exhausted but may not be able to replenish.

It's not as if Tramadol actually does anything apart from make you a little whoozy.

Now if we talking REAL pain medication I could understand it.

It works well enough on moderate arthritic pain, and doesn't necessarily make you whoozy, although is a common side effect.