November 3, 201312 yr Hello having lived with the snakes and ladders with over 2 decades of marriage work and retirement visas the interpretation of the rules at Hull and Kl seems I must up my game again. I currently have O 1 year multi entry issued in Hull in my UK passport.No cash required July13. I will visit UK again likely summer holidays ,I doubt I could stand the cold now,but have Australian income and bank accounts which are posted to my address in Thailand.Shares and assets do not seem acceptable. Why the locals haven't devised an Immigration Savings Bank? I'd happily accept 1% below going rate to have done with this. I have read consuls are seeking 16000 pounds in a UK Account? Savannakhet and local immigration want it in a Thai Account? I do not wish to transfer large sums to Thailand for a many reasons. I do have enough in NY Citibank also but I guess I want to know is there anywhere local or UK that requires less ? I could fly to Brisbane or Savankhet but do not really wish to.I will however be in Europe next year when my current visa expires and could post or vist London,Cardiff,Birmingham etc or are their still visas issued in Paris Amsterdam,Ireland or Barcelona which are all likely visits please. Any advice especially from those who have recent experience welcome. I also read somewhere here that UK pensioners do not require this ,who qualifies as a pensioner do they mean those in receipt of UkK state or occupationalprivate pension,the regulations are not easy to find in English.
November 3, 201312 yr Savannakhet does not require financial proof. KL does not do multiple entry visas anymore. Have you checked your home country embassy about getting an income letter. Many will allow you to use bank balances to prove your income. Then you could do an extension.
Create an account or sign in to comment