It All Happened on Halloween

sensei

She tightly held the passport with two hands as she said, “Press LIKE!” while staring at the device.

Did you add her to your facebook account?-xw00t.gif.pagespeed.ic.mm3WWmVptC.webp alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

I was just quoting her. That's exactly what she said.

She gave me her email address when the school secretary can't send the file. It turned out that the fax machine in the immigration office wasn't turned on yet.

I tried searching for her on Facebook with her email account with an intent of cyber bullying her but I couldn't find her.

Fortunately, our visa girl comes with us when we get our extension. I just have to sit there and look beautiful. That's getting harder and harder as time goes by.

I came with an elderly (over 65) teacher and she is the reason why this bully has lifted her foot of her meanness pedal by a little bit. I have had worse days with her but the results are always the same... I go out of that office cursing and stressed.

Fortunately, our visa girl comes with us when we get our extension. I just have to sit there and look beautiful. That's getting harder and harder as time goes by.

Well as a guy trying to look beautiful would be a hard challenge. I would of prefered the James Bond look of dapper and above their expentations while drinking a cocktail or other beverage on hand stirred but not shaken.
  • Like 1

I work with 4 different schools and 3 different Immigration offices. One of the visa girls that we have is absolutely fantastic. She always has all the documents, they are all done correctly and they are in the correct order, they are also appropriately stamped and signed (with the right color ink and that is important). She is sweet, respectful and very business like. She has extraordinary credibility with the immigration officers and can get people in and out in a breeze.

We have another one -- fortunately she recently left --who routinely forgets documents, or doesn't stamp them. She sometimes is 'too busy' to go with a new teacher and sends them on their own. This is done with incomplete documentation. It's a nightmare.

• Like 1

I work with 4 different schools and 3 different Immigration offices. One of the visa girls that we have is absolutely fantastic. She always has all the documents, they are all done correctly and they are in the correct order, they are also appropriately stamped and signed (with the right color ink and that is important). She is sweet, respectful and very business like. She has extraordinary credibility with the immigration officers and can get people in and out in a breeze.

We have another one -- fortunately she recently left --who routinely forgets documents, or doesn't stamp them. She sometimes is 'too busy' to go with a new teacher and sends them on their own. This is done with incomplete documentation. It's a nightmare.

Thanks for your input. Nothing I can do about it now, just venting all this pent up anger towards this monster who disguises herself as a public servant.

That is exactly what I suggested to my immediate superior upon my return...

Assign just ONE Thai teacher who will go with the foreign teachers when we have to have our visas renewed. This will help that Thai teacher become familiar with what that demon requires.

What she is really saying is: "be glad I let you stay in my wonderful country..1 more year" hmmmmm She doesn't sound very professional anyway, but a lot of Thais get the same lousy treatment in other government offices.

I agree, she is an embarrassment to all the good Thai people.

She is the face that foreigners will remember...

Nest time bring a box of Hawaii Macacamia nuts chocolates as a gift and a wai, seems to warm up the cold situation every time.

She's got a track record of receiving gifts but I am not giving her anything after everything that she has done.

sensei

I think you may be in love.....

In love?

So wanting to strangle someone is now a sign of being in love.

Seriously... The day after I went there, I woke up feeling like I have had a super heavy leg workout and about 2 hours of cardio the previous day. Just being there is stressful to say the least.

Nest time bring a box of Hawaii Macacamia nuts chocolates as a gift and a wai, seems to warm up the cold situation every time.

oh you are one of those suckups.....saw a knob recently giving a bottle of french wine to them for his 90 day report.

• Like 1

oh you are one of those suckups.....saw a knob recently giving a bottle of french wine to them for his 90 day report.

French wine for a 90-day report?

Reminds me of how Pavlov trained his dogs...

post-28695-0-67714400-1383748895_thumb.g

Edited by sensei

The OP's experience mirrors my experience at an immigration office in Nong Khai for the first 4 years of my stay here in LOS. Did her twin (also evil) work in Nong Khai? I knew my documents contained a mistake by watching her upper lip curl into a predatory smile which said, "Oh, farang, you are sooooo screwed!"

One time I caught HER in a mistake (she had misread a date in my passport). I pointed it out to her, because it was going to cause me problems. Big mistake. Hell hath no fury like an immigration witch caught in an error. She suddenly decided that she had to have a copy of my next term's class schedule before she would grant my extension. Of course, I had no schedule on my person. Ergo, no extension. Further, she would not accept a fax from my school. It had to be an original signed by the PRESIDENT (no less) of my school. Therefore, my choices came down to: point out her mistake or get screwed over by a sudden demand to produce a teaching schedule? Between a rock and a hard place.

On one visit, I exasperated her because I had three requests for her to fulfil: visa extension, re-entry permit, and 90-day report. I felt like Tiny Tim asking for another bowl of gruel. She huffed and puffed all the way through the ordeal. When finished, she literally shoved my documents back at me for some additional signatures with such force they scattered over the floor, and I had to crawl around picking them up like a bad boy who'd just been punished for rocking the boat.

Like you, I came back from each trip drained of energy and in need of a full year to build back my self worth as a human and as a "guest" in her Thailand.

In contrast, I now deal with Khon Kaen immigration, whose staff are the epitome of professionalism and friendliness. Asked why I was applying for a re-entry permit one year, I mentioned that my mother was getting older, and I had to be ready for any emergency trips back to my home country. The male clerk asked, in his very clear English, with genuine concern, "Well, just how IS your mother doing?" I nearly fell off my chair in light of previous experiences at immigration.

So, among a few bad apples, there are a lot of good ones. Just the luck of the draw. Good luck to all you teachers who have to occasionally run the gauntlet.

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 1

So, among a few bad apples, there are a lot of good ones. Just the luck of the draw. Good luck to all you teachers who have to occasionally run the gauntlet.

I agree, Fookhaht

I have met more of the better kind.

The bad ones are just so rotten to the core that they leave a terrible impression.

Nice to know that I am not the only one going through that kind of situation and thanks for posting one of the more sensible responses.

Creative Writing teacher by any chance?

Science Teacher

A post containing Thai script has been deleted. The only language permitted on the forum is English, with the exception of the Thai language forum.

Sorry, that was mine...

Just had too much fun with Google Translate. My apologies

Did the wine come with a note that says drink and drive?