Koh Yao Noi

steve w

i like to visit a few slightly off the beaten track type places for a few days rest from the frenetic pace of phuket.so never been here ,any advice where to stay? best way of getting there,is there any(quiet)nightlife and do any of the locals hire out boats for fishing/snorkeling,

i like to visit a few slightly off the beaten track type places for a few days rest from the frenetic pace of phuket.so never been here ,any advice where to stay? best way of getting there,is there any(quiet)nightlife and do any of the locals hire out boats for fishing/snorkeling,

Seonai, a Lady on this forum, lives there and will, no doubt, drop by and tell you all about it :o

LaoPo

I love Koh Yao Noi and Yai, you will be pleased you went.

Where to stay (Koh Yao Noi) - well if your looking for something cheapish, Sabai Corner, if your looking for something nice, Koh Yao Resort would be my picks.

An Italian lady (Sabai Corner - maybe a member here) owns it with her Thai husband and has reportedley been there for 20 years???? - very rustic, but very nice sleeping with the waves hitting the rocks. I think I paid 600 per night last year.

There is an assortment of differing prices and styles, from homestays to 5 star - turn up at the pier, jump in a tuk tuk and head for long beach (east coast) and you will pass by quite a few.

Koh Yao yai is also worth a look and you can stay at Chon Lat beach in a bungalow for about 400 baht per night (only one on that beach) and the food is great.

plenty of Thai guys to hire boats from (they accompany you), to snorkel/fish/tour etc.

If you leave from Baan Rong Pier in Ao Phor, you can get the local longtail ferry and pay only 50 baht.

You might not want to come back, let us know what you think.

well you HAVE come to the right forum. i live here too!

there is a lot of accommodation, but i will get a plug in for where i am working at the moment. www.lomlae.com if you are interested. i wont go on about it in case i break forum rules, but feel free to pm me.

sabai corner is also a nice place to stay. leila has been there for a very long time. but you will find many different places to stay, from the homestays right through to The Paradise, which has rooms going up to about 25k per night.

boats leave 5 times a day from bang rong pier and the cost is now 80 baht per person. the trip takes just over an hour and you get off on the island on the left hand side. from the pier, you can either ask a tuk tuk driver to take you to where you want to go, or ask him to show you some accommodation.

the nearby islands are all really pretty. you can hire a longtail boat to go out there, or you can do a little all inclusive package for the day with lunch, guide, gear etc.

there is scuba diving on the nearby islands, trekking, a nice little market, fishing villages, seafood restaurants etc......

come on over! you'll love it.

Hi Steve, Come on over and introduce yourself! This is a great place for quiet times - no loud music no ravers. Long Beach Resort os quite cheap right now, has beautiful views and is a perfect location. Sabai Corner is nice but tends to be a bit "cleaky" .

Come to see me at our bar - near Sabai and Long Beach.

Last boat from Phuket 5pm.

Seonai

thanks for the info,i will get back and pm you nearer the time i arrive. at the momment my next trip is going to be bkk-patong-koh lanta-ao nang-koh yao noi-patong -bkk.so whats the price of reasonable bungalow,and what is the name of bar?

i was thinking of staying here http://www.lomlae.com/ any info appreciated

Edited by steve w

• 3 months later...

I am planning a visit too. Somewhere around start of september.

Are there any bungalows for rent for about 1 month? Prefereably close to the beach and some kind of garden. Two small children so would prefer shallow sea and away from traffic.

Unfortunately i still have to work a bit, so internet is important. Dial-up speed is enough.

Any suggestions are very welcome.