Thai Chinese gf in Thailand

A1Str8

Thai Chinese is mixed race....

Oh lordy...

You missed the point: is she Han Chinese-Thai OR southern Chinese (I.e Tai, or Dai) Thai, in which case she would be pure Thai.

Focus!

Her descendants are likely directly related by a pure blood line back to china. if I as a farang, live in Thailand, marry a farang woman, and have a kid does that make the kids farang Thai, or just farang?

It's just that the Thai Chinese have a Thai passport, but the vast majority of them intermarry with other thai Chinese families. The majority of Chinese families came from Guangzhou and other provinces.

Just ask her where her grandparents were born. they are Chinese people who happen to have Thai passports. Maybe I will move to China and marry a foreigner in China and make sure my kids only marry other kids born of farangs in China.

I wonder if the Chinese would accept them as Chinese.

Edited by Thai at Heart

But if brains were dynamite, many of the TV posters couldn't blow the wax out of their ears.

The only thing that this perception among some TV members about the Thai-Chinese being "superior" in some way demonstrates is that the media and power structure brainwashing that's been used to such great effect on the indigenous Thais also happens to work a treat on the most gullible, suggestible mugs from Farangland too.

At least the indigenous Thais have hopelessly inadequate, third world educational standards to blame for their malleability.

Chinese ppl have done very well in SEA. The only way to have a "level playing field" is by outright discrmination or racism like in thailand, malaysia and indonesia in which surprisingly to farang like you find that it's ok but if that sort of laws were introduced towards farangs like yourself like changing of your surname or not being able to celebrate your customs or festivals oh you would be bawling to the skies calling the thais worse than the KKK etc but that is what the chinese had to endure and they don't bawl even 10% of what farangs do.

Oh lordy...

You missed the point: is she Han Chinese-Thai OR southern Chinese (I.e Tai, or Dai) Thai, in which case she would be pure Thai.

Focus!

Her descendants are likely directly related by a pure blood line back to china. if I as a farang, live in Thailand, marry a farang woman, and have a kid does that make the kids farang Thai, or just farang?

It's just that the Thai Chinese have a Thai passport, but the vast majority of them intermarry with other thai Chinese families. The majority of Chinese families came from Guangzhou and other provinces.

Just ask her where her grandparents were born. they are Chinese people who happen to have Thai passports. Maybe I will move to China and marry a foreigner in China and make sure my kids only marry other kids born of farangs in China.

Nope you have to look like chinese to be considered chinese. It doesn't just apply to chinese. A child of mixed parentage asian/white wouldn't be considered pure white in europe and in case you're again as usual lamenting on the supposed double standards as in how come chinese families in thailand can somehow be "racially pure" chinese marrying with other chinese thais while somehow you cannot well that's cos china and thailand are so close together and chinese and thais are more closely related compared to farangs. What if some chinese person was complaining of say the jews in europe could marry one another and still be jews racially while they couldn't?

But if brains were dynamite, many of the TV posters couldn't blow the wax out of their ears.

The only thing that this perception among some TV members about the Thai-Chinese being "superior" in some way demonstrates is that the media and power structure brainwashing that's been used to such great effect on the indigenous Thais also happens to work a treat on the most gullible, suggestible mugs from Farangland too.

At least the indigenous Thais have hopelessly inadequate, third world educational standards to blame for their malleability.

Chinese ppl have done very well in SEA. The only way to have a "level playing field" is by outright discrmination or racism like in thailand, malaysia and indonesia in which surprisingly to farang like you find that it's ok but if that sort of laws were introduced towards farangs like yourself like changing of your surname or not being able to celebrate your customs or festivals oh you would be bawling to the skies calling the thais worse than the KKK etc but that is what the chinese had to endure and they don't bawl even 10% of what farangs do.

Oh lordy...

Focus!

Nope you have to look like chinese to be considered chinese. It doesn't just apply to chinese. A child of mixed parentage asian/white wouldn't be considered pure white in europe and in case you're again as usual lamenting on the supposed double standards as in how come chinese families in thailand can somehow be "racially pure" chinese marrying with other chinese thais while somehow you cannot well that's cos china and thailand are so close together and chinese and thais are more closely related compared to farangs. What if some chinese person was complaining of say the jews in europe could marry one another and still be jews racially while they couldn't?

That's exactly my point. The op talking of them being more attractive because they are mixed blood Thai Chinese is ridiculous.

They are most likely to be pure blood than mixed with Thai blood. This is all fine, I have no issues with it. I have issue with people implying that the Chinese population here hasn't basically taken the country over.

So be it, they hoodwinked the country. Now when we get to Judaism there are some issues with that that I I don't like either. A friend of mine became Jewish to get married and I told them straight out that it was a morally horrendous and absurd attitude.

And I am not so naive having for many Thai Chinese friends as to know that the mother's of the brides and groom's don't make sure of the upbringing and Chinese nature of their child's future spouse. That's up to them, but do I find it all very odd and backward.

Yes. It's not whether I worry about their racial purity, it's about whether or not the Chinese population believe it makes them superior because of their own perceived belief that they are superior.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Ok well, your first point is wasted on me.

As a Brit of Caribbean parentage, I've encountered more discrimination and bigotry than most on here . . . and I ain't talking about the dual pricing <deleted> that so many of the saps bang on about either.

As to your second point, of course the Chinese aren't bawling now - they run the joint, don't they? When they first got here though, I'd imagine they bitched a lot more than farangs do but, obviously, they had good reason, right?

As a Brit of Caribbean parentage, I've encountered more discrimination and bigotry than most on here . . . and I ain't talking about the dual pricing <deleted> that so many of the saps bang on about either.

As to your second point, of course the Chinese aren't bawling now - they run the joint, don't they? When they first got here though, I'd imagine they bitched a lot more than farangs do but, obviously, they had good reason, right?

You're just assuming the chinese at that time bitched but you don't have the evidence. The fact of the matter is they managed to overcome everything and now run the joint. Do you think the thais just let them run the joint? Of course not. They overcome everything and run the joint thru sheer hardwork and shrewdness. They deserve respect not contempt cos if they weren't chinese but farang you would be praising them to the skies but display bigotry to them cos they are chinese.

Speaking of the carribean i have a love of jamaica and all so i do know quite a bit of the carribean so care to give examples of discrimination?

The carribean is a region and consists of many island nations and each island nation is different from one another. Take a majority african descent country like jamaica. The ruling elite of jamaica aren't black but white. Like edward seaga. He isn't black but white but still ruled jamaica. Cuba is majority white and i believe in cuban society blacks are below whites. Unless you come from haiti but i doubt it cos they are so poor. Which carribean nation did you come from to experience discrimination that is pretty bad according to you.

You're just assuming the chinese at that time bitched but you don't have the evidence. The fact of the matter is they managed to overcome everything and now run the joint. Do you think the thais just let them run the joint? Of course not. They overcome everything and run the joint thru sheer hardwork and shrewdness. They deserve respect not contempt cos if they weren't chinese but farang you would be praising them to the skies but display bigotry to them cos they are chinese.

Speaking of the carribean i have a love of jamaica and all so i do know quite a bit of the carribean so care to give examples of discrimination?

The carribean is a region and consists of many island nations and each island nation is different from one another. Take a majority african descent country like jamaica. The ruling elite of jamaica aren't black but white. Like edward seaga. He isn't black but white but still ruled jamaica. Cuba is majority white and i believe in cuban society blacks are below whites. Unless you come from haiti but i doubt it cos they are so poor. Which carribean nation did you come from to experience discrimination that is pretty bad according to you.

I don't recall saying anything contemptuous of the Chinese beyond the fact that it is doubly moronic for Westerners to buy into the same "Thai-Chinese-better" brainwashing used by those at the top of the local power structures to subjugate the indigenous Thais because Westerners are generally better educated and really ought to know better.

Nothing in any of your subsequent - and wildly tangential - posts contain anything that would even begin to have me question that assertion.

Oh and before I forget, I did specifically say "As a Brit of Caribbean parentage, I've encountered . . . "

My gf is Korean. Stick that in your half Thai Chinese pipe and smoke it.

eeeew korean or are we now playing the asian hierachy thing? It's always like this how like the japanese are somehow the best then the koreans and then the chinese and then the other asians.

Are you implying that your gf is somehow a better catch simply cos she is korean? Mind you many koreans look very plain with extremely oriental features they have the smallest eyes for example and the flattest and widest faces.

Flames have been extinguished and time to put this troll topic to bed:

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Closed

• Like 2