Thai customs arrest Australian man for smuggling ketamine

webfact

This guy got caught because he was a moron. Trying to carry that much of something on an airplane in its original form? Silly

On an airplane??? Where did you get that from silly moron?

Yes. Evidently they just built a new international airport at Aranyaprathe. w00t.gif

Unbelievable rolleyes.gif

What plane? Right, let's speculate here.

This young man, travels to Cambodia where he buys some ketamine in bottles. He brings these to the Poipet land border crossing at Aranyaprathet where he is arrested by Customs or immigration officers for smuggling a drug.

Had he not been detained, his next stop might have been a hotel in Bangkok where he would have cleaned up, carefully packed all his little bottles in his nice suitcase, and ridden in a taxi to Suvarnabhumi airport where they have planes.

He would then have attempted to board a plane bound for Australia hoping that his luggage had not been tampered with. What happens beyond that is irrelevant.

So Chanticlear was actually right,. At some point this guy would have tried to board a plane.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm.... there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, dansan. Before you go about calling everyone a 'jack ass' [sic], maybe you allow for the possibility that some things exist that you haven't yet seen. Yes, K can be added to smokeables. See this link, for instance: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/60764-effects-of-smoking-Ketamine

Uh Oh... Me thinks poster may not have read the posts on the link that was sent...

"I've smoked both ketamine HCl and ketamine freebase. At first I thought i got a little somethin from it but after furthe experiments realized it was nothin more than placebo. And it taste like complete shit. Just IM it like your supposed to."

Sure, quote/read selectively if it makes you feel better. But if you try reading the other posts, you'll see some differing opinions, e.g., "I love to do a bump or two of K every now and then and enjoy smoking it as well. I roll up small blunts laced with a small amount dried ketamine powder. It smells like shit when its buring and keeps going out but the effects are pretty nice. I kinda feel like I am smoking angel dust (PCP). Very nice high. Im sure its really bad for you though." I personally think these people are idiots, but that's not the point right now.

I agree... That is not the point. The point is to have a grounding of either knowledge or experience.

To randomly post a link without any other information or personal experience is kinda lame. We can all do that.

What is useful and necessary for a discussion forum like this is people to make an educated and informative post.

Blindly quoting sources, posting dubious links and basically being unable to genuinely add to a debate is and would be to completely miss the point of such a forum.

You amuse me, son. First, you quote from the link I sent to support your position (and suggest that I hadn't read the linked page). When I provide a specific quote to counter you, you turn around and question the validity of the site (which you had previously quoted from!). Can't have it both ways. Anyway, you seem to be of the school of thought that says you won't believe the moon isn't made from cheese unless you fly up there and put some moon in your mouth (i.e., personal experience as the primary source of knowledge). Sorry, I won't play that game - I need every brain cell I have. But here are some other 'official sites', if that lights your pipe, all of which saying that K is sometimes smoked with tobacco or cannabis:

http://www.druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/drugs/list/ketamine.html

http://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs10/10255/index.htm

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/health-sante/addiction/ketamine-eng.php

Oh my giddy aunt...

Some people just don't get it huh.

You can always throw up more links, I said before that anyone can do a lame act like that.

What takes intelligence and verve is the ability to talk from a basis of knowledge.

Being able to copy and paste does not in any way constitute a basis of knowledge, however many links you can harvest and post.

Talk from your heart, talk from experience but please do us all a favour and dont talk from that place round the back.

EDIT: And I aint yours or anyone elses "Son" sonny Jim.

One person's alleged experience trumps multiple independent reports from credible sources? That's what you reckon is a reliable "basis of knowledge"? We'd still be in the dark ages if everyone thought like that.... Thank god they don't.....

• Like 1

Ketamine is not illegal or even illicit - Its just a tranquilizer and just like with any drugs... take enough of them and you will go POP!
However the K-Hole i can confirm is a nasty place... Certainly best to confiscate them - unless he is a registered Veterinarian..

Ketamine is not illegal or even illicit - Its just a tranquilizer and just like with any drugs... take enough of them and you will go POP!

However the K-Hole i can confirm is a nasty place... Certainly best to confiscate them - unless he is a registered Veterinarian..

Sorry, not correct. For non-medically prescribed users it is illegal in Thailand and treated as a category 2 banned drug, same tier as cocaine, codeine, opium and a few other drugs. Also illegal in Australia for non- medically prescribed users.

It's Australia week, an Aussie rock spider, an ATM skimmer and now one trafficking/importing illegal substances.  I have noticed on here that we have a week of one certain nationality.  I wonder who it is next week 

the next will be Thai week, or month....

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 1 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry, not correct. For non-medically prescribed users it is illegal in Thailand and treated as a category 2 banned drug, same tier as cocaine, codeine, opium and a few other drugs. Also illegal in Australia for non- medically prescribed users.

So smuggling nearly a kilo of the same as dope. Really I don't get it, why people run these stupid risks.

I was never checked during years of travel in Asia, they wouldn't have found anything anyways. So they must either have some gut instinct or they act on tip off. Maybe he purchased the drug in Cambodia and was dull enough to let the dealer know his hotel there. It's easy to check up the identity then and give a tip to customs for a little fee of course.

• Like 1

Add some quasi facts...doesn't look like a date rape drug for sure, but definitely has some serious recreational uses: From Wikipedia

Recreational use[edit]
Ketamine poured onto glass and left to dry.

Ketamine sold illicitly comes either from diverted legitimate supplies and semilegitimate suppliers, or from theft of legitimate suppliers. It produces effects similar to phencyclidine (PCP) and dextromethorphan (DXM).

Unlike the other well-known dissociatives PCP and DXM, ketamine is very short-acting, its hallucinatory effects lasting 60 minutes when insufflated or injected and up to two hours when ingested orally, the total experience lasting no more than a few hours.[66] At subanesthetic doses, ketamine produces a dissociative state, characterised by a sense of detachment from one's physical body and the external world which is known asdepersonalization and derealization.[67] At sufficiently high doses, users may experience what is called the "K-hole", a state of extreme dissociation with visual and auditory hallucinations.[68]John C. Lilly,[69]Marcia Moore[70] and D. M. Turner[71] (amongst others) have written extensively about their own entheogenic use of, and psychonautic experiences with, ketamine. Both Moore and Turner died prematurely in a way that has been indirectly linked to the sedative properties of ketamine.[72

And as any recreational user knows, DXM is freely available over the counter in Thailand and in tablet form (which is apparently more palatable than chugging multiple bottles of cough medicine).

It's Australia week, an Aussie rock spider, an ATM skimmer and now one trafficking/importing illegal substances. I have noticed on here that we have a week of one certain nationality. I wonder who it is next week

KIWIS------- We are going to smuggle sheep in---------------------- well sorry,thats all we got