Avril Lavigne on Tour: Canadian punk princess to perform in Bangkok

webfact

Avril Lavigne on Tour: Canadian punk princess to perform in Bangkok
By Coconuts Bangkok

avrilsite.jpg

BANGKOK: -- It’s confirmed. Pop-punk princess Avril Lavigne will have her first concert in Thailand next year after keeping her Thai fans waiting more than 13 years.

Famous for her singles: My Happy Ending, Sk8ter Boi, and Complicated, concert promoter BEC-Tero Entertainment announced on their Facebook page “Avril Lavigne on Tour 2014 Live in Bangkok” will be held on February 11, 2014 at Impact Arena Muangthong Thani.

Tickets go on Nov. 23 and will be available at THB4500, THB3500, THB2500, THB2000 and THB1000.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/11/04/avril-lavigne-tour-canadian-punk-princess-perform-bangkok

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-11-05

Punk?

In what way are her songs anything close to punk? Strictly pop.

Just because she wears heavy eye liner, used to wear black clothes, and hung out with the skater crowd in high school does not make her punk. Her music is what defines her, and it is decidedly not punk. She has even denied being punk when asked.

• Like 2

Punk?

Just because she wears heavy eye liner, used to wear black clothes, and hung out with the skater crowd in high school does not make her punk. Her music is what defines her, and it is decidedly not punk. She has even denied being punk when asked.

Actually, her music is classified correctly. Punk doesn't mean what it did 30 years ago. She is part of the modern day punk movement.

Punk?

Actually, her music is classified correctly. Punk doesn't mean what it did 30 years ago. She is part of the modern day punk movement.

She herself has vehemently denied being a punk artist, but regardless. I have a good number of her songs on my iPod, although most have gravitated off my main play list over the years.

For modern punk, I would look to Green Day, Blink-182, and The Living End.

Can you give me a quote where she has denied it? I am a fan and have never heard that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Google "is Avril Lavigne punk" and you'll get a YouTube and other links.

She dresses somewhat punk but her music is completely pop.

Never heard of her... Could be me, of course wink.png

Maybe she is doing some more research for her single "My Happy Ending" whistling.gif

I've never heard of her either and I'm Canadian. She looks hot though.

I think she more of an Ontario east coast celeb, I've actually by mistake ended up in Napanee where she grew up even the Timmy's has a table named for her.

she is just a product.and so is the music. a bit embarrassed that she is considered Canadian punker. but nowhere as embarrassing as bieber

With all the great talent, Anne Murray, Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell, Bryan Adams, Twain, Dion, Buble, KD Lang, Rush, Leonard Cohen, Bare Naked Ladies just to name a few and now the Biebs being famous is beyond me, a train wreck waiting to happen.

she is just a product.and so is the music. a bit embarrassed that she is considered Canadian punker. but nowhere as embarrassing as bieber

With all the great talent, Anne Murray, Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell, Bryan Adams, Twain, Dion, Buble, KD Lang, Rush, Leonard Cohen, Bare Naked Ladies just to name a few and now the Biebs being famous is beyond me, a train wreck waiting to happen.

Biebs is double O gauge.

Oh who, Oh why.

(you missed off Bachman Turner Overdrive btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaQCr4PIsHE, let's rock ;) )