What Thai's Really Think

GinBoy2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that, I know while it happens in Thailand the whole country is not involved in those activities

Time to quit blaming the entire country for the sex industry, Pattaya only became such during the Vietnam war. in the 1960-1970's

Cheers

• Like 2

Pretty much every Thai that I've ever spoken with share remarkably similar opinions about prostitution. On the one hand, they find it distasteful, i.e., they'd never want their daughter doing it. At the same time, they're also very sympathetic, saying basically "who am I to look down on these girls who are just trying to make a living." These are Thais not in the industry. Those in the industry may have differing views, but they are only a small minority of the population at large.

• Like 2

I do not know what Part of Issan you 2 guys come from--but even in the smallish town I live in there are 4 Red Light Soi's full of young Lao Girls of questionable age for 300 baht. On the other side of Issan its the Khmer girls, ---No there are No bars ---there is no pole dancing or nudity, but if you want to hear what the average Thai guy thinks about prostitution ----take a walk down some of those Soi's and ask, & yes not a Thai girl to be seen, maybe some of the posters have it correct---there are not to many Iphones to be brought from the wages there.

• Like 2

may be in pattaya it is for tourists but in every town in thailand there is more sex offers for thais or asian people than for tourists,

and who think the girls have a easy live is wrng, 80% are alcoholics or using drugs every day, to be able to <deleted> old tourist,

and there are more than the Isan girls, everywhere all young girls have 1 ore more gigs, to have a good life, to go out, to be able to study,

to get new phone, clothes, make up, this is thai style, husband or boyfriend has no money, than every thai woman is looking for a new man,

this is no problem of bar girls, this is comon in thai sociaty and ever woman do it,

in each village in thailand you have a karaoke house with girls from Laos, Burma, aso, and all thai men go there, in Chiang Mai where i living there work for sure 10 - 20 times more girls in karaoke Bars than in redlight bars for western tourist, easy to find a student like a gf or gig, in CM, most of the girls want a easy life and since they are born they got teached daughter has to take care parents and family, never sons, only girls

all thai i know avoid thinking about things that don't affect them (being too busy thinking about food anyway).

all thai i know don't care what some ugly (dàm) isaan girl does.

i'm sure they do "judge" but generally they mind their own business and let be.

i've visited local brothels not catering to farang several times (lao girls or shan or 12-pana girls) and my male friends were very friendly and respectfull to the girls. they had a few beers, a good laugh (sanouk), no pampam... i do think quite a few of these girls have a drug problem (yaba) and most i spoke with were not having the time of their life (at all, i know the various asian smiles by now). they support family back home, no glamour in the LOS since they ain't thai.

i think the pattaya type of bargirl is a different league anyway. some enjoy the life (money, freedom, meeting "cool" farang-types, we all know how easily impressed thai girls can be) and others are just victims of a vicious system/circle and live a miserable life.

Edited by stickylies

so siggicm

must be great to have your vast knowledge ,so every Thai woman who has a husband with little money will ditch him for a richer one or turn to prostitution ,amazing you know so much and with a vast array of 45 posts to your name as well

Thanks for that, I know while it happens in Thailand the whole country is not involved in those activities

Time to quit blaming the entire country for the sex industry, Pattaya only became such during the Vietnam war. in the 1960-1970's

Cheers

I'm guessing you are totally unaware of the huge sex industry catering to Thai men ... throughout the entire country. It FAR outweighs the 3 or 4 "In your face" Farang sex ghettos.

Edited by Fullstop
  • Like 2

IMHO Time for Thailand to clean it up!! Thailand's level of prosperity is a lot higher than during the Vietnam era, there are opportunities for young women outside the sex industry...it's all about greed, corruption, and laziness nowadays.

Clean it up if they don't want other countries to look down on them as they do now! The problem, again IMO, is that (generalizing) Thai people will do anything for money, no matter how shady or dishonest, it is deeply embedded in their national psyche, much more so than in other developing countries. That's why Thailand is the brothel of the world, no other reason.

I think you are wrong, the biggest majority of Thais are decent and honest, though I do have reservations about their mentality especially when they are riding or driving.

• Like 1

When they compare the salary of a rice farmer to the salary in a bar,

They look at it as a promotion..

My current GF is an ex rice farmer from Roiet. Now she's working/training as a beautician. The ARE other options. Just saying...