Thailand: Minor pleasures, petty annoyances

laolover88

My like. In the village they are all nice and respect me even the young guys, my wife's daughter is now 16 have known her since she 11. After we marry she called me Dad and always kiss me on the cheek when going out and coming back, food is great.

My hates:

Coins on top of the notes when get change in shops.

We live in Khon Kaen, it is known for a lot of Falange, go into most big supermarkets and every thing in Thai.

Getting to traffic lights when you are first there and bloody motor bikes just get in front of you.

Family members just take your stuff without asking but I have sorted that out now.

Borrow your scooter when they have their own and use the bloody petrol and not put any back.

We have a shop and they used to just take without paying but I soon put a stop to that.

But all in all a pretty good life at 72.

Like:

So many beautiful girls

Dislike:

So many beautiful girls

under dislike you could also bring that not all beautiful girls are really girls....

so many beautiful boys that look like girls. Girls just ..ok. That sucks big time.

Nope.

There's not a male in the world that a team of Thai surgeons can make look like the kind of woman I'm attracted to.

The weather

Lots of places to explore

Cheap Beer (Compared to western countries)

Inexpensive rental for motor vehicles (Again compared to western countries)

Great Thai food

Government officials that respond to courteous customers

The scenery and ability to to change it by driving a relatively short distance

Mountain Bike trails in Chiang Mai

Tourists that respect Thailand and its rules/culture

No personal tax (That Im aware of)

Relative freedom to do as I wish

Dislikes:

Hunting around town trying to find items that are commonly available in the home country (Be it food or otherwise)

Kids on motorbikes without helmets, kids speeding, kids running red lights, kids on bikes that have 2 or 3 other also on the same bike.

Police that turn a blind eye to the above.

Those darn shop motorbikes with the cage sidecar thing when they hog up road space

Arrogant, drunk foreigners

Fat, old, dirty, drunk men soliciting young boys (Saw it only once in Pattaya and started dry retching, dont go near Pattaya now)

Tourists that walk down the street with large beer in hand

Chinese drivers

I could think of more but dont want to focus on to much negative stuff.... I love this place, warts and all! wai2.gif

Like several other commentators, I had to smile at some of the responses, but on the whole agree with most, except that the change issue seems somewhat trivial, compared to living in a country where politeness and courtesy usually abound, good weather, cheap food and travel etc, etc ! Dislikes also include lack of privacy, barging in as a Thai thus ignoring any queue, and I agree with the faintness of the Tesco till displays - again somewhat trivial compared to all the good things about LOS !

Like several other commentators, I had to smile at some of the responses, but on the whole agree with most, except that the change issue seems somewhat trivial, compared to living in a country where politeness and courtesy usually abound, good weather, cheap food and travel etc, etc ! Dislikes also include lack of privacy, barging in as a Thai thus ignoring any queue, and I agree with the faintness of the Tesco till displays - again somewhat trivial compared to all the good things about LOS !

The title does say petty annoyances. Petty = trivial, right?

Local storekeepers etc who mostly are relaxed and friendly.

An easy and affordable lifestyle.

Getting a motorcycle tyre changed in the middle of the night.

Exploring craft shops in nearby villages.

Chilling - it's so easy here

Dislikes:

homo screechopithecus (normal habitat: bars)

juvenus jumpupanddownicus (normal habitat: supermarkets, 7/11s)

Big C loudspeakers

Tesco loudspeakers

Speaker trucks.

Up-you-jack drivers

arrogance (and you know who I'm talking about here)

people who have no ability to smile and relax

people who say I'm nuts because I put naam pla plik on my burgers