The Coup (movie)

clokwise

Spotted a surprisingly large crew shooting on location today in and around Tanin market in Chang Phuak. According to IMDB Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan are among the cast, .

From IMDB: In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed.

Yikes!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a VIP cavalcade last night, figured it was a pollie. Perhaps not...He

Heck when Rambo finished filming Stallone took over Foxy Lady for the night. You should of seen the security on

Soi 1/Thaphae rd. Un real..

Edited by khwaibah

Just wait, the way things are going here ,fiction may turn into reality ,

all to easily.

regards Worgeorgie

Could there be a coup sometime in the future? Yes, it's happened before and it could happen again. I hope not, but....

Will foreignors be executed? Extremely unlikely, or I wouldn't be here. One thing I find admirable about the Thai's is that none that I've met blame their problems on sinister foreign forces.

This could be a fun movie. I couldn't find a projected release date, but I'll watch for it.

I read some pages of that script. It's about the most idiotic and unrealistic concept you can imagine in Thailand. Thai people don't act that way. It was clearly written by someone who needed a stock "3rd world country" and doesn't know sh*t about this country, its people or culture.

Just another movie to ensure most Americans are too terrified to ever travel outside its borders.

all to easily.

regards Worgeorgie

Could there be a coup sometime in the future? Yes, it's happened before and it could happen again. I hope not, but....

Will foreignors be executed? Extremely unlikely, or I wouldn't be here. One thing I find admirable about the Thai's is that none that I've met blame their problems on sinister foreign forces.

This could be a fun movie. I couldn't find a projected release date, but I'll watch for it.

A lot of Thais protesting in Bangkok at the moment may disagree with you.

all to easily.

regards Worgeorgie

September 19 2006. The BIB's in Chiang Mai ran away like scared rates they did not show their face for a few days, bars did not closed, Party on.. Heck I did not see any army for 6 days...

I read some pages of that script. It's about the most idiotic and unrealistic concept you can imagine in Thailand. Thai people don't act that way. It was clearly written by someone who needed a stock "3rd world country" and doesn't know sh*t about this country, its people or culture.

Just another movie to ensure most Americans are too terrified to ever travel outside its borders.

From what I've seen, the set locations that were used, e.g. shop fronts, were dressed up with Burmese language script.

I suppose that would be the 'third world country' location they were going for.

• Like 1

all to easily.

regards Worgeorgie

A lot of Thais protesting in Bangkok at the moment may disagree with you.

I don't consider Thaksin to be a foreign force just because he is out of the country. Have any of the protesters been blaming the U.S., the U.N., western imperialism or some other foreign force for Thailand's political problems?

• Like 1

Yes they were looking for extras the week before last .I applied but have not heard anything since .;-(

Emmm, Anto....perhaps they wanted to see your face?

Well they did see my face and they took many photos ,but it seems the face did not fit .lol

Yes they were looking for extras the week before last .I applied but have not heard anything since .;-(

Well they did see my face and they took many photos ,but it seems the face did not fit .lol

When showing them your portfolio, did you show them by any chance your posting record on TV?

thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

round

Just like when American Gangster with Denzel Washington was filmed in Chiang Mai 2006 I tried for Denzel double but they could not stop laughing again. Warrot Market was used as the back ground.

When showing them your portfolio, did you show them by any chance your posting record on TV?

thumbsup.gif

So ,what are you getting at exactly ?

Edited by anto

I saw a VIP cavalcade last night, figured it was a pollie. Perhaps not...He

Heck when Rambo finished filming Stallone took over Foxy Lady for the night. You should of seen the security on

Soi 1/Thaphae rd. Un real..

Yep I was at Foxy :) great night free drinks and almost got thrown out LOL had to prove I was actually invited since I was not part of the crew LOL

According to an article in todays Uk Daily Mail, Pierce Brosnan is in Malibu filming 'How To Make Love Like An Englishman;

Long way from Chang Puak market...

So who do we trust on Pierce Brosnan where about's ? The Bangkok Post, The Nation, Thaivisa or The UK Daily Mail.????Heck I go with the Daily Mail.