New Ford P/up 3 Litre

Rooo

Sorry, I meant to reply to this 2 hours ago, but I actually googled up some pictures and articles on the vehicle and then promptly fell asleep. :o

When it just came out I actually went to the Ford dealer and sat in one. One hour later the salesperson came knocking on the window, which woke me up.

I don't think it's a bad car but the thing makes me fall asleep all the time and I don't normally suffer from narcolepsy. :D

Okay in all seriousness: It looks a bit bland doesn't it? Then again, my major gripe with the old model (horrific absense of any torque whatsoever under 1800 rpm) seems to have been dealt with. So assuming that this is in fact solved, that just leaves me wondering about fuel consumption, which was the other major problem with the old model.

I think the Toyota, or possibly the Mitsubishi Triton are more interesting prospects.. It seems Ford/Mazda COMPLETELY missed the boat on design, coming up with something that looks like the current (old) Nissan truck, and Nissan are notorious for being 5 years behind in anything they do.

Cheers,

Chanchao

In the UK you can get a 174HP 2.5L turbo Nissan Navara, they should be flogging them here soon. How you get 174HP ffrom a 2.5L turbo is beyond me.

It's thrown a bit of a spanner in the works for our Vigo exports though, and a strong Baht ain't helping either.

Nissan cen get engines and technology from Citroen, and Europeans get a lot of HPs from diesel, a lot more than Japs. For example Volks Passat gets 134 HP from 2.0l, same as Isuzu from 3.0l, and Benz gets 201 HP from 3.2 litre, a lot more than Mistubishi Triton.

I don't know why it is so.