Dtac credit disappeared phone rings France after every top-up

kwak250

I have had a Dtac sim in my old phone for the past 7 years

I bought a new key fob phone(yes chineese i know)

Anyway after making a local call 2 baht will go from my balance as normal

15 minutes later if i check i am on 1 baht left from a 60 baht dtac top up

I have phoned dtac for the last few days and they say i am calling france everyday which is impossible

My call log shows no phone call and dtac have blocked all gprs and internet

The phone is always with me never out of my pocket

Dtac care last night started getting quite annoyed and said its impossible i must have made the phone calls ,

so far about 180 in 3 days has gone to the same number in France and customer care has now said it MUST be me or my wife

I know its not Dtac fault as i am sure its some sort of virus but why and how does it work

has anyone ever had this happen as when put back in my old phone no credit dissapears

I have barred the number to france but it still phoned there and only shows up as phoned on the ecenter dtac website never on the phone

Would like to know if anyone has had this experience before?

Put the SIM in a different phone. This should tell you if it is the phone or the carrier.

Hi i have and its not the sim as it works as normal in another phone

Its the phone but how can this be possible and how can i rectify it to stop phoning France?

Tell dtac to barr international calls from that sim, confirm its been done to you in txt or writing, then if it happens again its their problem as they were instructed to barr international calls and they confirmed they did.

Thanks best solution i will try that !

You could try 'hard' resetting it back to factory settings, it is likely that the settings have been changed (if they were) after this stage. Look up the phones manual for this, it is normally a key combination something like volume up + power + home.

If it is an internet sim you have, go into settings and turn off packet data, this is normally set to on by default. Even if it is showing as a phonecall to France, it may be an internet connection.

On a similar note i am getting loads ( about 10 a day ) of spam SMS messages .I am also on Dtac .I rang before to their service center and they eased off but are now back to a high amount per day .

Only ten? You don't know you were born.

On a serious note, I doubt alternative providers are any better. I've had the same dtac SIM for my holidays to LOS for last five years and does get slightly annoying but not the end of the world either.

Your phone has probably been cloned. That means that there are now two phones with the same ESN number. So you fill the credits and the person with the other phone also gets notice that it has been topped up. That person can then immediately dial France for free. The solution is to get the phone reprogrammed or get rid of it. I fit were me, I would telephone the number in France and try to find out who is phoning that number from Thailand. You should also keep your Bluetooth switched off unless you are actually using it, as this is a means of access to your phone for hackers.

Top up again > Remove the battery > wait one day or two > re-install battery > observe credits.

If credits used, then you can confirm what Estrada has stated. Get a new phone. Move on. Sad to hear about this, but good luck with getting on.

Your phone has probably been cloned. That means that there are now two phones with the same ESN number. So you fill the credits and the person with the other phone also gets notice that it has been topped up. That person can then immediately dial France for free. The solution is to get the phone reprogrammed or get rid of it. I fit were me, I would telephone the number in France and try to find out who is phoning that number from Thailand. You should also keep your Bluetooth switched off unless you are actually using it, as this is a means of access to your phone for hackers.

Not when the user has confirmed it works fine when using the sim in another phone.

Ever heard the word "telephone settings?"

Your call goes to a place where they direct it to France and from there to your number in Thailand. It's a simple setting. My grade six kids could change it for you.-wai2.gif

So you had the exact same SIM for seven (7) years without a problem. Then you get some new Chinese key fob phone, whatever the heck that might be, and now you have a problem? Does that pretty much sum up your travails?

The rocket-scientist in me says it might be your new phone.

It might be sending all your details IMSI/number/IMEI OTA to a cloned IMEI to which they then resell all your credit. Proabably a scam, but maybe not a Thai scam?

At a minimum I would bin the phone, and likely get a new SIM and number.

it sounds like the phone has had security software installed on it by someone and a french phone number has been entered as the phone home number.

is it android ?

just a factory reset may not clear it. an example would be an android program called cerbeus that can be installed onto the phone (IF android) boorsector and remains even if reset or the system is update.

i installed this software on my note2 and forgot about it . went from LOS to UK and did not realise until the phone bill arrived and showed 1 sms every day to thaiiland

I had a HTC phone some time ago, and with a 1-2-call sim.

All credit emptied within 24 hours after refill.

Again and again.

Some applications were running in the background, which was not for free.

Could not stop the apps, so I just gave the phone to someone (and warned about it of course).

To test if it is really the phone:

1. pull the current sim, put in a new sim with enough credit

2. If this is really happening every day, it shouldn't take long for the new sim number credit to be used up

this would be the only way to verify it's the new phone calling the number.

• Like 1

It might not be so simple as to change the phone. The phone may have been programmed to clone the SIM data and transmit it to a outside server after which your SIM would be cloned and sold.

DTAC will be able to confirm this by the calls being made from different physical locations but you'll need to hint them to check. Once they confirm it they will issue you with a new SIM and refund your credit. Don't stick that SIM in that phone otherwise it'll happen again after which DTAC will probably blame you and want that refunded credit back.

You might want to confirm this yourself before contacting DTAC otherwise you'll just make a fool of yourself. You can do this by turning your phone off and using another phone to call your own number. If there's a dial tone then you can be sure.

Edited by wprime

On a similar note i am getting loads ( about 10 a day ) of spam SMS messages .I am also on Dtac .I rang before to their service center and they eased off but are now back to a high amount per day .

Only ten? You don't know you were born.

On a serious note, I doubt alternative providers are any better. I've had the same dtac SIM for my holidays to LOS for last five years and does get slightly annoying but not the end of the world either.

we had to pay the f... SMS with a internet pakage with the book of the house

never give the the house book to dtac ,impossible to stop the contract

Edited by jerome2

Ever heard the word "telephone settings?"

Your call goes to a place where they direct it to France and from there to your number in Thailand. It's a simple setting. My grade six kids could change it for you.-wai2.gif

If it was that simple i am sure the last few phone shops and also Dtac itself would have sorted it out as i have left the phone with them for the last couple of days and they are still trying to work out the problem

Thanks and be very proud of your grade six kids who have managed to find the phone settings on a phone

Thanks to all the usefull answers i am starting to think it must be cloned

funny thing is i can call out all day and the credit does not go down but if someone calls me it now is eaten up in 5 minutes!

And SIRICHAI very pleased your kids are very advanced in Thailand wow 6 grade and can go to phone settings nice one !clap2.gif

Look at post # 21.

Try that.

Also look in the application manager or folder, or whatever it is called, and see if you have some weird applications running in the background.

But first try what is suggested in post #21.