CNN interview: Yingluck says she not relying on Thaksin

webfact

I too am no admirer of the Shin clan and their methodology and lack of any ethics or common decency (to put it mildly) but whilst we are distracted by what standard her english is ,( and it is a bit above the standard of my spoken Thai) and if her wardrobe style is not what we deem as suitable , we should be looking at her achievements whilst in office. Debate whether the Rice scheme has benefited the rice farmers , how the rebate on first car owners just served to clog the roads, and whether Thailand has sunk deeper into a cesspit of corruption at all levels and how inflation is affecting the Thais and expats alike and the multitude of other issues that will determine her role in history. It is time we move away from the tabloid level of personality assassination , and like she said , judge her on her achievements or lack thereof.

Because we've done all these topics to death.

I'm not distracted by what standard her English is...I'm amused by it.

Perhaps my standards are higher than yours, but I expect more from a person in a position of such power and responsibility with all the opportunities she has had.

I have staff that did not receive the privileged Western education that she did, nor the undoubted opportunities her family upbringing gave her, yet they communicate significantly better than she does. She really has no excuses, and trying to defend, dismiss or distract from her failings at English communication completely misses the point.

I'm in total agreement on this point. I actually watched this cip with a few Thai friends and staff a few days ago. The general consensus was , Yingluck is an embarrassment. Given the opportunities that she has had, you'd expect a lot more, but I guess when it's all handed on a plate, you really dont have to do much.

Kentucky State University must cringe very time she speaksin an English interview.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic