NO pets policy in Koh Samui Hotels

brd

Hello to you all !

We have dear friends flying all the way down fro San Francisco period dec 25 - jan 8 with a small yorkshire dog in their bag but hotels in Chaweng Beach seem not accepting to even bend their rules.

It is an urgent issue as I have to provide my friends with an alternative.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated especially if around the Long Beach Lodge Resort mid Chaweng area.

Bangkok air accepts to keep a blind eye in view of the size.....

KInd regards with our thanks

I hope BKK airways doesn't accept if so they are breaking there own policy. Also if Quarantine and Customs are alert in Bangkok the dog will be confiscated then no need for a pet friendly hotel.

i can remember being made to wait for 20 minutes whilst some incredibly stupid and irritating lady tried to persuade BKK check in staff to allow her "pocket dog" on the plane.

After endless inane stupid questions and pleading the answer remained a no. There was no way they were going to let that animal on the plane so unless they have drastically changed their policy i'd get a BKK/Surat train ticket

The OP is asking about hotels & not what is needed to bring a pet in facepalm.gif

I'm sure he'd appreciate not wasting a non refundable BKK Samui flight of 10000 baht return….unless i'm mistaken he'll need a dog friendly train to get to his dog friendly hotelwink.png

thanks for all your personal feelings you have expressed often with a good sense of humour but none had answered the original question that was " is there any place in chaweng allowing pets, mini dogs, like hotels, services flats, houses for rent etc....?

Thank you for your time and comments.

Centara Grand Beach Resort probably, on Chaweng Beach :

http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/centaragrand/csbr/index.asp

and " Pet friendly Policy" conditions here :

http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/PetFriendly.asp#.UnufZp3LSUk

thank you very much that is an excellent idea very much appreciated from yourself.

Well done

cheers

Thanks Guys within few hours, more than 320 viewers and more than ten replies we are happy to have got a solution for those

dear friends of us relieved from the idea of leaving their family member pet behind. Warmest appreciation to Thai Visa forum. CHEERS

• Like 2

My wife will come visit me this January from overseas.

She's going to leave both dogs in pet hotels and pay the fee like anybody else.

They get food, walks, play time and any medication if needed administered.

Why can't the OP's friend just do the same thing?

Why go through the hassle of bring little princess Fufu just for holidays?

How ridiculous.

• Like 2

Check on Samui Dog Rescue Centre website as they used to list some dog friendly hotels, or contact them direct.

However, I also doubt that Bkk Air check in staff will turn a blind eye to a dog in the cabin as they INSIST on all animals in the hold being sedated in case they disrupt passengers with barking etc. There are certain regulations that will need to be met when returning the dog to the states (plus an import permit to enter Thailand, else customs will have a field day upon their arrival) and without such confirmed paperwork and health certificates, the international airlines will not accept the animal on the return journey. Leading to it needing to be boarded somewhere until the necessary documents can be provided. Just a heads up for your friends. There are few rules coming into Thailand with an animal, but Thailand is considered to be a health risk country when exporting.

Edited by BottleBlonde
  • Like 2