Abbreviations

graemeaylward

Hi, as a relative newcomer to this site, I am bemused by all the different abbreviations used in posts. For example I see LOS used a great deal but have no idea what it means. There are many other frequently used abbreviations which clearly mean something to other posters but nothing to me. Is there a glossary somewhere please?

A few more

<deleted> = What Thai Female?

BTW = Best Thai Woman

PM = Pull Mine

VOA = Very Ordinary Arrangement

ETC = Exit Thai Cutie

FYI = Fine Young Idiot

BBK = BestBurgerKing

CIA = Caught In Action

BBC = Bored Broke & Chased

SET = Seriously Extreme Thailand

OTOP = Oh Thaksin, Oh Power!

DSI = Don't Stop It

TAT = Thaksin & Thailand

TOT = Thaksin Or Thailand

whistling.gif

• Like 2

A few more

<deleted> = What Thai Female?

BTW = Best Thai Woman

PM = Pull Mine

VOA = Very Ordinary Arrangement

ETC = Exit Thai Cutie

FYI = Fine Young Idiot

BBK = BestBurgerKing

CIA = Caught In Action

BBC = Bored Broke & Chased

SET = Seriously Extreme Thailand

OTOP = Oh Thaksin, Oh Power!

DSI = Don't Stop It

TAT = Thaksin & Thailand

TOT = Thaksin Or Thailand

whistling.gif

BG Bar Girl

GF Girl Friend

"Hi, as a relative newcomer to this site, I am bemused by all the different abbreviations used in posts. For example I see LOS used a great deal but have no idea what it means. There are many other frequently used abbreviations which clearly mean something to other posters but nothing to me. Is there a glossary somewhere please?"

Firstly, your command of the English language, as demonstrated by your use of the word "bemused" is far above that of many posters, who would conclude you think BG, or GF is funny.

Secondly, you admit when you don't know something. Goodness, that puts you far above most posters.

Thirdly, your name is quite annoying. Quickly get an avatar, so we can whip right on by graymealsomethingorother.

WTTV.

• Like 2

LBFMPBR

And anyone who posts the meaning of this WILL get a holiday!

GIYF (Google is your friend)

The 'PBR' is an addendum that I've not seen before.

Thai Visa Forum ... always something new around the corner ... w00t.gif

I think it means "Lovely Beer, Females and Me Possibly Becoming Roasted"

abbreviations it is getting more difficult to understand everything these days, I spend more time on Google trying to find out what people are talking about..

even like on TV I killed my BFF, another on TV BFFLTDDUP + loads more. why cannot people just say or write it in full ?

As for text messages these days, no idea just press delete simple.

Lots of us have not been to school for 50 years, back then these abbreviations were not used or mobile phones for that matter..

As for LBFMPBR No will not print it here use Google it tells you and maybe get you suspended on here...

Edit: OK right it has just dawned on me.........Crossy post.... And anyone who posts the meaning of this WILL get a holiday!

Edited by ignis

Surely many of you old folk must remember L.O.N.D.O.N. and S.W.A.L.K. amongst many other abbreviations that were in use before the iternet was even thought of?

AFAIK Any decent search engine will do and they every bit as good as the G one :P

Surely many of you old folk must remember L.O.N.D.O.N. and S.W.A.L.K. amongst many other abbreviations that were in use before the iternet was even thought of?

AFAIK Any decent search engine will do and they every bit as good as the G one tongue.png

problem is some of us old folk can t remember way back then, and now.... what I looked up earlier today have already forgotten sad.png