I think I blew it…

I'm a 50-year-old Canadian

Booked a return ticket November 19 - March 26. Was thinking that a return ticket would satisfy Thai immigration and hence my airline and so get me into LOS. My plan was - after a month in Thailand - to go to India for 5 weeks and get my Tourist Visa in New Delhi for my final two months in Thailand. However after doing some reading on TV it seems that won't work — or will it? Anyone have any advice? I think I can probably get a triple-entry six-month tourist visa as shown on the thaiembassy.ca site but wonder if there's enough time for me to send the application and get my passport back on time for my flight (early morning Nov. 19).

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You will need a visa or a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days.

A double entry tourist visa might be enough for you, as that gives you two entries of 60 days each and each entry cna be extended by 30 day for 1,900 baht at immigration.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was planning on getting an Indian visa while in Chiang Mai (here now), but the consul is being so difficult about it that I think I'll go to Bangkok to apply.

- "We don't like those who aren't residents of Thailand applying for visas here, they should do it in their own country."

- "We need a signed letter (hard copy) from the place you will be staying confirming such."

- "if you are talking to Tibetans while in India you may be suspected of spying."

I was planning on getting an Indian visa while in Chiang Mai (here now), but the consul is being so difficult about it that I think I'll go to Bangkok to apply.

- "We don't like those who aren't residents of Thailand applying for visas here, they should do it in their own country."

- "We need a signed letter (hard copy) from the place you will be staying confirming such."

- "if you are talking to Tibetans while in India you may be suspected of spying."

You were warned !

Visas to India are not easy to obtain if outside your own country,

Your best chance now is at the BKK Indian Embassy but do not expect a quick decison

• 2 weeks later...

Visas to India are not easy to obtain if outside your own country,

What a difference! FYI absolutely no problem getting an Indian tourist visa in Bangkok. None of the malarkey and no willful power trip like in Chiang Mai. In fact it was easier to get in Bangkok than it would've been in Canada.