doctor or clinic

allyoops

my lughole is bunged up with wax .might need to see a doctor to get it cleared before flight .i am putting in the drops but no joy yet.

my hotel has been very unhelpful ,i couldn't believe they couldn't even direct me to a nearby clinic or doctor .they just told me to go to the hospital .

i am in central pattaya and will be leaving in a couple of days .

anyone know of a clinic or doctor in the area and how much they charge.

Dr. Oechsit, daily open, but Sunday, End of Soi Lenkee left side towards 3rd. Road, small simple clinic. Nice man. Cheap. Or any other clinic you see wandering around. Or the new Gov. hospital halfway up on Soi Bouakao, past Soi Diana-Inn South. Or go buy a large syringe, warm some water, add a few drops BETADINE and pull your ear to open the canal and flush yourself. Good luck. MS>

Most of the Local Hospitals have X Rays--Labs--Blood test Etc a clinic don't have....The cost to see a Real Doctor in a Hospital is about the same often less then a Clinic and you know your getting the real thing...I have been to several clinics where the Staff claimed to be the Doctor and they tried to treat you...Just a total waste of Money...

This guy is my GP,been using him for 10+ years:

http://www.dr-olivier-clinic.com/

Dr. Olivier will just tell you to go to a chemist and buy wax softening drops and come back to see him in a week whereupon his nurse will shoot ice cold water in your ear to flush out the wax. I know from experience.

On the other hand, the ENT clinic at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya has a probe that zaps the wax and vacuums it out immediately, And it's done with you lying on your side watching what's happening in your ear canal on a TV because the probe also has a camera. I know from experience.

Can't recall the cost, but it's definitely better value than Dr. O.

• Like 2

This guy is my GP,been using him for 10+ years:

http://www.dr-olivier-clinic.com/

Dr. Olivier will just tell you to go to a chemist and buy wax softening drops and come back to see him in a week whereupon his nurse will shoot ice cold water in your ear to flush out the wax. I know from experience.

On the other hand, the ENT clinic at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya has a probe that zaps the wax and vacuums it out immediately, And it's done with you lying on your side watching what's happening in your ear canal on a TV because the probe also has a camera. I know from experience.

Can't recall the cost, but it's definitely better value than Dr. O.

i payed 1500bht

• Like 1

I had the exact same thing a few years ago, i was stone deaf in One Ear, I went to the Banglamung

Hospital. They Syringed warm water into it and drained of the old wax ect,, it felt quite good actually,

the cost was 200 bt. The procedure took about 30 mins. I never had any trouble with my ears since.

In this instance I was very very pleased with Banglamung hospital....

In the UK syringing the ear is discouraged but I'd settle for it anyway. My ears were syringed 50 years ago. I was really embarrassed about the amount of crap that came pouring out.

Look out for a pink Bentley. The guy in the back seat is an expert in ear medicine.

shit ,i wish pattaya_girls post came earlier .got no idea where that hospital is though.

I HAVE BEEN DEWAXED.

after reading the posts i though i'd try doctor oechsit but at 10am he was closed .

i went to the new hospital on soi buakhao but they couldn't or wouldn't help .the girl pointed me in the direction of the other hospitals. bangkok pattaya (up near bus station) ,pattaya memorial ,pattaya intor (apparently on soi 4) .anyway the nearest was the memorial so i went there (its near the corner of central pattaya road and second road).

the cost was 800 to see the doctor ,800 for the treatment ,and 170 in other charges ,total of 1770 baht .i was registered ,waited a little while, saw the doctor and was treated in about 30 minutes .the treatment itself only took about 5 minutes so not a bad score for the doctor .

he was very good ,the wax was sucked out with a long thin stainless steel probe ,no syringe used.i did feel confident he knew what he was doing.

by the way ,i found out that dr olivier charges 1000 for a consultation ,that does not include any treatment .given others thought he might not sort the problem out and who knows what the end cost would be ,i decided to give him a miss.

just glad to be rid of the wax .hope this info may be of help to others .must say i am astonished at the lack of gp's and clinics in pattaya.

Edited by allyoops

.must say i am astonished at the lack of gp's and clinics in pattaya.

Huh? There's a clinic every few blocks all over this city.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention for our really hardcore balloon chasers that traditional Thai barbershops often offer an ear cleaning service using the traditional Asian method: a bamboo stick with a little hook on the end. I believe the cost is not more than B100. Before you nannies jump in, let me assure all that I DON'T recommend it.

shit ,i wish pattaya_girls post came earlier .got no idea where that hospital is though.

I HAVE BEEN DEWAXED.

after reading the posts i though i'd try doctor oechsit but at 10am he was closed .

i went to the new hospital on soi buakhao but they couldn't or wouldn't help .the girl pointed me in the direction of the other hospitals. bangkok pattaya (up near bus station) ,pattaya memorial ,pattaya intor (apparently on soi 4) .anyway the nearest was the memorial so i went there (its near the corner of central pattaya road and second road).

the cost was 800 to see the doctor ,800 for the treatment ,and 170 in other charges ,total of 1770 baht .i was registered ,waited a little while, saw the doctor and was treated in about 30 minutes .the treatment itself only took about 5 minutes so not a bad score for the doctor .

he was very good ,the wax was sucked out with a long thin stainless steel probe ,no syringe used.i did feel confident he knew what he was doing.

by the way ,i found out that dr olivier charges 1000 for a consultation ,that does not include any treatment .given others thought he might not sort the problem out and who knows what the end cost would be ,i decided to give him a miss.

just glad to be rid of the wax .hope this info may be of help to others .must say i am astonished at the lack of gp's and clinics in pattaya.

No idea where you got the 1000 baht consultation fee for Dr Olivier, I was there at the beginning of October and the fee was 700 Baht used to be 600 but went up this year.

I think I paid 1500B or so at Pattaya Int'l Hospital. They didn't have that fancy tool though! 555

Well, they do now, as of this past June, when I saw them for an ear infection and they used it on the follow up visit after a run of antibiotics.