One dead, 14 injured, German arrested, following Jomtien Beach Road Crash

webfact

Why is everybody cutting the farang slack after he killed a guy, injured 14 others and damaged countless cars and bikes?

Perhaps because the facts aren't known?

Or perhaps because he is innocent until proven guilty (like anyone accused of any crime)?

• Like 1

Why is everybody cutting the farang slack after he killed a guy, injured 14 others and damaged countless cars and bikes? Oh I know, because this is ThaiVisa! You would be furious if it happened in your home countries. Poor guy.

Maybe some are cutting the slack because of COMPASSION, not liking an Old age Pensioner getting a belt . I for one have to laugh when I read that its all his fault, when surely its his parents/parents/parents etc fault for having children which resulted in him being alive today.

Why is everybody cutting the farang slack after he killed a guy, injured 14 others and damaged countless cars and bikes? Oh I know, because this is ThaiVisa! You would be furious if it happened in your home countries. Poor guy.

Maybe because most are reasonable and don't hang and quarter a person before they know what actually happened. A 72 yr old elderly person who may have suffered any form of medical condition prior. I for one will not kick him to death on the side of the road if there was a possible chance of a diabetic episode or similar. Some on here are a little civilised and don't run with Hyenas.

Bottom line, his actions resulted in loss of an innocent life. If medications were to blame it really doesn't makes the situation any better for the ones who suffered loss or injury. He should have been aware of the potential of driving with the combination of condition and medications could be. Maybe not? But still he is culpable and his actions can't be rationalized and my opinion. Take a look at the pictures, massive force in the collision, coil springs ripped from the chassis, not the normal fender bender-the vehicle was completely out of control. Great flu, there were not more deaths.

People have to be willing to accept responsibilities for their actions instead of rationalizing a away to justify one's poor judgement. It would not work back home in our countries and it should not work here.

I hope, he never gets behind another steering wheel ever.

Yes I would add to that he never gets I see day light again

I am sorry but if my daughter was run over by a driver , drunk, on medicine or sober

I would kick that person be it man woman or kid until I physically can kick no more

If my daughter was beginning her life when some idiot came across and either broke her leg or killed her then I would see justification for a bearing or worse

It amazes me how much people complain about the way people do thins out here and compare the way should be the same as in their own country like the US or England or where ever

If it is so bad why stay here

I like the thai way and the way this alternate system works

That man deserves death penalty some countries would give it

Defiantly life

I hope the families of the people he killed shall step up

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

With mindless people like Big C out there no wonder people do a runner.

Sorry so I reckon that the man who liked some incident by standees should not be punished

Having a beating for killing 2 people is pretty small in comparisons

If your child happened to be in his line of fire would u be so forgiving

It was death by dangerous driving he should at least get 10 years

A big difference between getting at least 10 years for dangerous driving and hoping someone never sees the light of day again because of your cowardly act of kicking them to death. I wouldn't want to meet you in an ice cream parlor much less at the scene of an accident.

Bore off

It is not about who is the big man be it man woman or Bruce lee

He deserved punishment

Plus he is old so 10 years is pretty much life sentence

See not that stupid after all 10 years and life are pretty much the same when u r over 70 in a bangkok jail

It seems my point is being missed I will reiterate.

All reports regarding this crash state excessive speed, looking at the photo's it does look credible.

So if this was a thai teenager speeding down beach road and crashing would it be an accident? No, reckless driving!

But an old farang man driving at excessive speed in an extremely busy area for whatever reason is an accident, No again!

So you've never heard of ailments like strokes, heart attacks, epilepsy or diabetic collapse? All conditions which could cause sudden incapacity in the driver, resulting in a foot jammed on the accelerator. All conditions fairly well known in 72 year old men but virtually unknown in teenagers of any nationality.

I'm surprised you've never heard of these things.

If he had those things and told his test examiner that he had these problems then he would not have a licence

What a stupid thing to say

Why are u defending him?

Do u have any brains at all to see that he is

Probably the dumbest comment I've seen so far this year, and I'm making allowance for the fact that English is obviously not your first language. People who have a heart attack, stroke or seizure don't know in advance that it's going to happen, it just happens.........duh!

Edited by Spalpeen
  • Like 1

Why is everybody cutting the farang slack after he killed a guy, injured 14 others and damaged countless cars and bikes?

Or perhaps because he is innocent until proven guilty (like anyone accused of any crime)?

You mean perhaps the injured and deceased jumped in front of his vehicle?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You mean perhaps the injured and deceased jumped in front of his vehicle?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Second dumbest comment of the year.

BigC --- do you not come from a country with rule of law? Are people where you come from not innocent until proven guilty? I mean that is part of the UN's "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" and has been part of Western civilization for a LONG time!

• Like 1

It seems my point is being missed I will reiterate.

All reports regarding this crash state excessive speed, looking at the photo's it does look credible.

So if this was a thai teenager speeding down beach road and crashing would it be an accident? No, reckless driving!

But an old farang man driving at excessive speed in an extremely busy area for whatever reason is an accident, No again!

So you've never heard of ailments like strokes, heart attacks, epilepsy or diabetic collapse? All conditions which could cause sudden incapacity in the driver, resulting in a foot jammed on the accelerator. All conditions fairly well known in 72 year old men but virtually unknown in teenagers of any nationality.

If he had those things and told his test examiner that he had these problems then he would not have a licence

Why are u defending him?

Do u have any brains at all to see that he is

Probably the dumbest comment I've seen so far this year, and I'm making allowance for the fact that English is obviously not your first language. People who have a heart attack, stroke or seizure don't know in advance that it's going to happen, it just happens.........duh!

People with heart attack, stroke or seizure don't jump out of their car and run away on the beach. He is lucky been farang so he did not get big damage.....

BigC --- do you not come from a country with rule of law? Are people where you come from not innocent until proven guilty? I mean that is part of the UN's "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" and has been part of Western civilization for a LONG time!

In Greece, EU. You are guilty until proven innocent.

Police arrest and treet u like .murderer on a traffic stop check.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

People with heart attack, stroke or seizure don't jump out of their car and run away on the beach. He is lucky been farang so he did not get big damage.....

You must be reading a different thread to the rest of us. In the OP there's no mention of anyone jumping out of a car and running down the beach. It says he was assaulted by a mob and was in a 'dazed state' when found by police. Since he tested negative for alcohol his dazed state would be entirely consistent with a health related event. Be so good as to read the OP before posting again.

Obviously even on a photo he does not look like suffering of one of those. He would need a medical support if hart attack or stroke happened to him. And for sure nobody would assault him in those cases. At the moment there is no excuses to what he did.

Edited by Muchacha

Obviously even on a photo he does not look like suffering of one of those. He would need a medical support if hart attack or stroke happened to him. And for sure nobody would assault him in those cases. At the moment there is no excuses to what he did.

There's not many people who can diagnose low blood sugar levels, concussion or chest pains on the basis of a single photo. That's a rare gift.

Check this out....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2502754/Stephen-Turner-hailed-hero-steering-runaway-bus-safety-driver-collapsed.html

The man appeared 'dazed' and he had just been involved in a high speed road accident. The police had no business putting him in a jail cell. He should have been taken straight to hospital. Anyone with the slightest medical training knows that car crash + confusion is a clear indicator for brain injury and should be treated as such.

I saw the news report on Pattaya TV and on that video he DID indeed seem too suffer from a medical condition.

• Like 1

Why are u defending him?

Do u have any brains at all to see that he is wrong !???

Wrong again.

Only one thing on that list would mean that you MIGHT not be eligible for a license. That is epilepsy (with a current history of seizures.)

A seizure with no former history of active epilepsy can happen for many reasons.

Why are you convicting him before the facts are known

?[/why is it a stupid thing to say.....he might not have had any of those ailments....or very little. He might have had a sudden stroke or heart attack........quote]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Incorrect application of limited knowledge of the law. All member states of the EU operate under the presumption of innocence in legal proceedings. Your issues with the Greek police must be based in something other than the law smile.png

"

What constitutes lawful detainment during an investigation may be different, but I know for a fact that the police in Greece are not always the best. That being said the entire legal system is based on the presumption of innocence in court proceedings.

Edited by jdinasia

Incorrect application of limited knowledge of the law. All member states of the EU operate under the presumption of innocence in legal proceedings. Your issues with the Greek police must be based in something other than the law Posted Image

"

What constitutes lawful detainment during an investigation may be different, but I know for a fact that the police in Greece are not always the best. That being said the entire legal system is based on the presumption of innocence in court proceedings.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/innocent-until-proven-guilty-not-under-the-eus-justice-system-8931215.html

• 8 months later...

If the prescription drugs came with a warning to not drive, then he could still find himself in a degree of bother. I am all for people having to pass driving and medical tests at a certain age. Some may argue that it is a violation of thier rights and they are segregated but it is for their safety and that of the community. I don't know how many collisions I have attended involving elderly citizens but it's a lot.

But i bet not as many as young guys roaring around on their bikes and in their cars thinking that they are invincable,i know i was far more dangerous then.

• 8 months later...