One dead, 14 injured, German arrested, following Jomtien Beach Road Crash

webfact

Cheaper to just drive off. That's what lots of people do here. I don't blame them.

Well, that's an opinion, I suppose.

But whatever happened to decency and behaving in a civilised manner? Not to mention obeying the law and accepting responsibility for ones actions like a grown man?

Small wonder Pattaya these days is full of lying cheating scum-bags of all nationalities who only look out for themselves.

• Like 1

Bottom line, his actions resulted in loss of an innocent life. If medications were to blame it really doesn't makes the situation any better for the ones who suffered loss or injury. He should have been aware of the potential of driving with the combination of condition and medications could be. Maybe not? But still he is culpable and his actions can't be rationalized and my opinion. Take a look at the pictures, massive force in the collision, coil springs ripped from the chassis, not the normal fender bender-the vehicle was completely out of control. Great flu, there were not more deaths.

People have to be willing to accept responsibilities for their actions instead of rationalizing a away to justify one's poor judgement. It would not work back home in our countries and it should not work here.

I hope, he never gets behind another steering wheel ever.

Yes I would add to that he never gets I see day light again

I am sorry but if my daughter was run over by a driver , drunk, on medicine or sober

I would kick that person be it man woman or kid until I physically can kick no more

If my daughter was beginning her life when some idiot came across and either broke her leg or killed her then I would see justification for a bearing or worse

It amazes me how much people complain about the way people do thins out here and compare the way should be the same as in their own country like the US or England or where ever

If it is so bad why stay here

I like the thai way and the way this alternate system works

That man deserves death penalty some countries would give it

Defiantly life

I hope the families of the people he killed shall step up

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

And if it wasn't drink? If it wasn't drugs? If it was a stroke or other accidental event beyond your control or not of your making? What then? Let's hope you never have an accident.

Again the word accident is used in completely the wrong context!

This was not an accident where a minor mistake was made resulting in a crash.

This was at the very minimum reckless driving resulting in carnage, death and injury, a criminal offence in any country

I don't agree with the beating but in the heat of the moment these things happen. They didn't kill him and he doesn't look the worse for wear in the photo, minor at most.

• Like 1

Bottom line, his actions resulted in loss of an innocent life. If medications were to blame it really doesn't makes the situation any better for the ones who suffered loss or injury. He should have been aware of the potential of driving with the combination of condition and medications could be. Maybe not? But still he is culpable and his actions can't be rationalized and my opinion. Take a look at the pictures, massive force in the collision, coil springs ripped from the chassis, not the normal fender bender-the vehicle was completely out of control. Great flu, there were not more deaths.

People have to be willing to accept responsibilities for their actions instead of rationalizing a away to justify one's poor judgement. It would not work back home in our countries and it should not work here.

I am sorry but if my daughter was run over by a driver , drunk, on medicine or sober

I would kick that person be it man woman or kid until I physically can kick no more

If my daughter was beginning her life when some idiot came across and either broke her leg or killed her then I would see justification for a bearing or worse

It amazes me how much people complain about the way people do thins out here and compare the way should be the same as in their own country like the US or England or where ever

Defiantly life

"That man deserves death penalty some countries would give it

Defiantly life"

You don`t even know what caused the accident in the first place so just put down the ropes and rusty knives for now !! And I don`t know of on which planets they give the death penalty for vehicular manslaughter.............luckily it`s not on planet earth coffee1.gif

Edited by Yahooka
  • Like 2

Defiantly life

And if it wasn't drink? If it wasn't drugs? If it was a stroke or other accidental event beyond your control or not of your making? What then? Let's hope you never have an accident.

This was at the very minimum reckless driving resulting in carnage, death and injury, a criminal offence in any country

I don't agree with the beating but in the heat of the moment these things happen. They didn't kill him and he doesn't look the worse for wear in the photo, minor at most.

I'll have to retread OP as didn't see where talked about the reckless driving. My use of word accident is because we don't really know what caused this tragic incident. If he has done something wrong, be it drink, drugs or stupidity, then he should face justice. If, however, it was caused by a stroke, another untreated/unknown medical condition or mechanical failure then how can it be seen as anything but a tragic accident?

Defiantly life

The word accident doesn't even exist with the Victoria Police, no such thing as accident reports. Every incident is a collision, nothing is considered an accident.

Obviously, those advocating and condoning fleeing the scene/country can never again criticize those that actually do it ... regardless of nationality. Doing the right thing should be independent from the expected outcome. Wrong will always be wrong.

He had around 200km/h locals told me. On beach rd. !

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

How would they know?  Do they all carry radar guns?

Around that.

U can tell speeds approximately +/-

If u driver innit.

I guess was less then that so lets say 150km.h

Defiantly life

The word accident doesn't even exist with the Victoria Police, no such thing as accident reports.  Every incident is a collision, nothing is considered an accident.

Normally collision is when there is no injuries.

Accident when injured.

Well at least in europe.

It seems my point is being missed I will reiterate.

All reports regarding this crash state excessive speed, looking at the photo's it does look credible.

So if this was a thai teenager speeding down beach road and crashing would it be an accident? No, reckless driving!

But an old farang man driving at excessive speed in an extremely busy area for whatever reason is an accident, No again!

Defiantly life

With mindless people like Big C out there no wonder people do a runner.

All reports regarding this crash state excessive speed, looking at the photo's it does look credible.

So if this was a thai teenager speeding down beach road and crashing would it be an accident? No, reckless driving!

But an old farang man driving at excessive speed in an extremely busy area for whatever reason is an accident, No again!

An accident is something that is not deliberate. Even a collision caused by reckless driving is still an accident, unless the driver deliberately drove into someone or something else. This does not seem to be the case here.

There are some reasonable excuses for causing an accident, sudden and unexpected illness being one of them. Taking medicines (or other substances) likely to cause drowsiness or incapacity would not be a reasonable excuse (if you do this you should not be driving). Nor would driving faster than the road/traffic conditions or the speed limit allow be an acceptable excuse.

• Like 2

Defiantly life

Sorry so I reckon that the man who liked some incident by standees should not be punished

Having a beating for killing 2 people is pretty small in comparisons

If your child happened to be in his line of fire would u be so forgiving

It was death by dangerous driving he should at least get 10 years

Sounds like an unfortunate accident caused by a medical condition.

Exactly, the poor guy could have a heart condition or anything....glad to see the locals beat up a 72 year old! That was nice of them, bloody cowards. and as for the police and the medication...no publication as to wheter it was Smack or Paracetemol, so lets wait to find out eh.

I think the german could be suffering from a diabetic disease, that explains all the needles they found in his car.

I have a friend with the same problem and if he is not careful with taking his injections with insuline, he will have blackouts and be in no control .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So you've never heard of ailments like strokes, heart attacks, epilepsy or diabetic collapse? All conditions which could cause sudden incapacity in the driver, resulting in a foot jammed on the accelerator. All conditions fairly well known in 72 year old men but virtually unknown in teenagers of any nationality.

I'm surprised you've never heard of these things.

He didnt meant to do it.

I crashed car once or twice when teenager. I didnt meant to do it. It happened. I was sober and 19. I dont know myself how it happened till now. Lucky no one seriously hurt.

None of u here ever crash bike or car? ...

Edited by mataleo

Defiantly life

And if you are wrong in your leap to judgement, would you serve the time? If the man suffered a stroke, Has diabetes, Suffered syncope for reasons unknown ........ Will you also take the beating if you are wrong and it was a medical condition that caused this accident?

• Like 1

Defiantly life

And if you are wrong in your leap to judgement, would you serve the time? If the man suffered a stroke, Has diabetes, Suffered syncope for reasons unknown ........ Will you also take the beating if you are wrong and it was a medical condition that caused this accident?

To be honest if my family was killed I would not give a hoot about the person that did it

He did not have a stroke

I am sure we would have known that by now

If he had diabetic then he would have already known so he is responsible

Why should by standers pay the price because sone else is sick and drives

If he asked for a licence in the uk he would have been refused in Germany also

I would bye he was drunk and on medicine

How do u know he did not start mouthing off after the collision I have seen that plenty of tines

All I know is that sone people were just standing there and now they are dead

So I don't really give a hoot about the driver

Like I said if I was a betting man I would bet he had a drink mixed with drink

So you've never heard of ailments like strokes, heart attacks, epilepsy or diabetic collapse? All conditions which could cause sudden incapacity in the driver, resulting in a foot jammed on the accelerator. All conditions fairly well known in 72 year old men but virtually unknown in teenagers of any nationality.

If he had those things and told his test examiner that he had these problems then he would not have a licence

What a stupid thing to say

Why are u defending him?

Do u have any brains at all to see that he is wrong !???

If he had those things and told his test examiner that he had these problems then he would not have a licence

Why are u defending him?

Wrong again.

Only one thing on that list would mean that you MIGHT not be eligible for a license. That is epilepsy (with a current history of seizures.)

A seizure with no former history of active epilepsy can happen for many reasons.

Why are you convicting him before the facts are known?

Why are u defending him?

There has even been a full investigation but people have already executed the guy. Skip the investigation and court case, straight to the gallows because he is guilty.

Defiantly life

Sorry so I reckon that the man who liked some incident by standees should not be punished

In civilized countries handing out your own judgement and punishment on the side of the road you would find yourself arrested and facing prison time and the guy you kicked the <deleted> out of could walk away without charges after an investigation.

Defiantly life

A big difference between getting at least 10 years for dangerous driving and hoping someone never sees the light of day again because of your cowardly act of kicking them to death. I wouldn't want to meet you in an ice cream parlor much less at the scene of an accident.

• Like 2

Why is everybody cutting the farang slack after he killed a guy, injured 14 others and damaged countless cars and bikes? Oh I know, because this is ThaiVisa! You would be furious if it happened in your home countries. Poor guy.