Thai Democrats try to build rally 'of the people'

webfact

Democrats try to build rally 'of the people'
Hataikarn Treesuwan
The Nation

30219106-01_big.jpg?1383954640676

BANGKOK: -- The Democrats have chosen Democracy Monument as their main and symbolic stage to roust the government's blanket amnesty bill.

Since the rally was moved to Rajdamnoen Avenue, some 50 members of the Blue Sky Channel were immediately stationed, bringing with them five cameras, two cranes and two outside-broadcasting vans.

Plus, Blue Sky Channel is also relying on new French TVU technology, which allows live broadcasting via the Internet on a P2P TV basis.

A member of the channel crew, who asked not to be named, said this technology allows people to keep track of what is happening in real time.

"We tried out this technology when the Democrat Party held its 'Reveal the Truth' rallies up country," the Blue Sky Channel staff member said adding that the channel's director Takerng Somsup oversees the production of the coverage. Meanwhile, Democrat MPs Satit Wongnongtaey and Ong-art Klampiboon are supervising those who go on stage, and have set up some strict conditions like nobody on stage is allowed to sit down, nobody can mention their constituency or refer to the achievements of the party.

"Instead of politicians, we want people like actors, celebrities, intellectuals, students and people from NGOs to speak on stage in order to show that this is a public forum.

"If somebody wants to speak, the must first be interviewed by Ong-art so he can gauge their attitude," the channel staff member said.

The peak period is from 7pm to 10pm, with the most popular point being when new faces are introduced on stage, followed by protest leaders reading out a summary of related comments posted on social media sites.

The third most popular period is when key Democrat leaders take to the stage.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-09

Hah! nice job on this in the last election ... Corporate Cash can't ante up to People Power...just watch & see curbside, apart from the CRAP fight in the monkey-house in the latest Battle of the Demagogues! Release The Krakon! ;-} rap.

• Like 1

Could it be that the people in the PT strongholds would join such an alliance? Or, will they continue to elect trees, bowls of noodles and rubbish bins to represent them in that far away place Bangkok? Tomorrow will be better, tomorrow we will be rich, PT and that nice chap in Dubai told us so.

• Like 2

Could it be that the people in the PT strongholds would join such an alliance? Or, will they continue to elect trees, bowls of noodles and rubbish bins to represent them in that far away place Bangkok? Tomorrow will be better, tomorrow we will be rich, PT and that nice chap in Dubai told us so.

don't forget 500 Baht and a free tablet

"Try"?

They basically came out and said a number of months ago that their party platform was just fine, they didn't need reform. To me, that meant toss a few shit balls now and again, just to maintain an image as the opposition in the media, but really, with time and enough rope, this government will eventually hang itself and they would emerge as the better option.

Dems have the golden opportunity they've been waiting for. I hope they are different than this lot and actually do something worthwhile, not more of the same same.

"Try"?

They basically came out and said a number of months ago that their party platform was just fine, they didn't need reform. To me, that meant toss a few shit balls now and again, just to maintain an image as the opposition in the media, but really, with time and enough rope, this government will eventually hang itself and they would emerge as the better option.

Dems have the golden opportunity they've been waiting for. I hope they are different than this lot and actually do something worthwhile, not more of the same same.

Well if the Dems wouldn't do anything it would be already a lot better.

The latest quote "oj oj come on boys, we must go to Bangkok Democrats PAD pay 500 bht anf free food" At the bus station chon buri.

Did you ask where to pick up the money? Because all the people in my office would also like to know the place. They go there for free.

And with this huge amount of people the last few days. Play it low...say 40.000, where would the Democrats find 20 Millions per day excluding the food, tend, electric, etc etc?

With that money they could easier buy of some MPs.

Consider the source of the quote h90. No need to pay people to attend these rallies, no need for bottles of petrol and weapons. No plans to burn Bangkok if they do not get their way. Push may come to shove though.

The latest quote "oj oj come on boys, we must go to Bangkok Democrats PAD pay 500 bht anf free food" At the bus station chon buri.

Did you ask where to pick up the money? Because all the people in my office would also like to know the place. They go there for free.

And with this huge amount of people the last few days. Play it low...say 40.000, where would the Democrats find 20 Millions per day excluding the food, tend, electric, etc etc?

Consider the source of the quote h90. No need to pay people to attend these rallies, no need for bottles of petrol and weapons. No plans to burn Bangkok if they do not get their way. Push may come to shove though.

I know I know...I think it is from Goebbels: If you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it.

Some of the red friends are using that tactics, either to spread lies, or they just think that their red friend would not demonstrate for free, so the the Democrats can't demonstrate for free as well.

I know I know...I think it is from Goebbels: If you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it.

Some of the red friends are using that tactics, either to spread lies, or they just think that their red friend would not demonstrate for free, so the the Democrats can't demonstrate for free as well.

You got yourself in real knot there smile.png

A guy I know has just lost his 'political' status, cost him a bit and he wasn't elected, family came down from Bangkok to vote too, I guess somebody was just a little more popular, I don't even know the politics, as far as I can see this is just electioneering to be the recipient and distributor of the goverment money, a salaried and important person. It has always been this way. So if two people give you 500 baht to vote for them I guess you vote for the one you think is more likely to hand out the favours. When you understand this, you understand that vote buying is mostly not related to whom the electorate vote for. Of course this factual explanation may be hard to accept for the Democrat supporters who have not seen their party 'voted' into government in recent history.

If you recall TRT were disbanded not because the paid the electorate to vote, but because they induced other candidates to oppose them as the Democrats refused to nominate candidates that were destined to return unelected.

• Like 2

A guy I know has just lost his 'political' status, cost him a bit and he wasn't elected, family came down from Bangkok to vote too, I guess somebody was just a little more popular, I don't even know the politics, as far as I can see this is just electioneering to be the recipient and distributor of the goverment money, a salaried and important person. It has always been this way. So if two people give you 500 baht to vote for them I guess you vote for the one you think is more likely to hand out the favours. When you understand this, you understand that vote buying is mostly not related to whom the electorate vote for. Of course this factual explanation may be hard to accept for the Democrat supporters who have not seen their party 'voted' into government in recent history.

If you recall TRT were disbanded not because the paid the electorate to vote, but because they induced other candidates to oppose them as the Democrats refused to nominate candidates that were destined to return unelected.

Somehow I find it difficult to understand how a story on vote buying by two and voting for one has no relation to whom the voters vote for?

Of course that may explain why I find it hard to relate it to anything.

BTW the TRT paid others to stand for elections to ensure there were sufficient candidates to stand. That's why they were disbanded.

Anyway all this snap election stuff was only necessary as businessman Thaksin listened to his kids and sold ShinTelecom shares the day a law came into effect allowing it to be done. Of course it's just coincidence that our dear criminal fugitive happened to be PM as well. Conflict of interests.

Now back to the topic of Thai Democrats trying to build rally 'of the people'. Lots of them, from all over social standing, location, etc.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

The democrats have screwed up a political opportunity. If hey had accepted the demise of the amnesty bill and called heir dogs off, the PT would have been left floundering with a broken alliance with the red shirts. However, by going on and hoping to overthrow a democratically elected government they have screwed up and allowed the reds and PT to find common ground again. And together they represent the silent majority. They could now call an election and win easily

Go on, offer some evidence, or shut up with your nasty red propaganda.

• Like 1

The democrats have screwed up a political opportunity. If hey had accepted the demise of the amnesty bill and called heir dogs off, the PT would have been left floundering with a broken alliance with the red shirts. However, by going on and hoping to overthrow a democratically elected government they have screwed up and allowed the reds and PT to find common ground again. And together they represent the silent majority. They could now call an election and win easily

The Reds are silent!!!! If only, that would be a good day.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

"Try"?

Isn't maintaining their image as "The Opposition" their entire platform?

I believe that Abhisit even implied this a few days back.

Hah! nice job on this in the last election ... Corporate Cash can't ante up to People Power...just watch & see curbside, apart from the CRAP fight in the monkey-house in the latest Battle of the Demagogues! Release The Krakon! ;-} rap.

This one of the most sensible posts I've seen on this news forum.

• Like 1

Your attempt to describe electoral fraud as something noble is far from factual; pathetic actually. The 2006 election, despite only 14 months in office and a strong majority. was the blunder that has caused so much trouble in this country, and another example of Thaksin and his sycophants willingness to get what they want by any means, illegal or not. Nothing is beyond them; vote buying, electoral fraud, bribery, sedition, blatant conflicts of interest, abandoning due process (something else you advocated yesterday), character assassination - the list goes on and on.

Unlucky for them, you can't keep most people fooled, only the REALLY stupid ones, as they are discovering today.

Edited by JRSoul

It

´s obviously a fabrication, PAD (what little is left of them) and the Democrats are keeping a wide distance between them in this matter, the PAD = Democrats is a Red Shirt fantasy.

Thats what the Democrats keep saying, but does anyone besides the Dems believe it

biggrin.png

It

´s obviously a fabrication, PAD (what little is left of them) and the Democrats are keeping a wide distance between them in this matter, the PAD = Democrats is a Red Shirt fantasy.

Thats what the Democrats keep saying, but does anyone besides the Dems believe it

biggrin.png

morons?

Somehow I find it difficult to understand how a story on vote buying by two and voting for one has no relation to whom the voters vote for?

BTW the TRT paid others to stand for elections to ensure there were sufficient candidates to stand. That's why they were disbanded.

Anyway all this snap election stuff was only necessary as businessman Thaksin listened to his kids and sold ShinTelecom shares the day a law came into effect allowing it to be done. Of course it's just coincidence that our dear criminal fugitive happened to be PM as well. Conflict of interests.

Now back to the topic of Thai Democrats trying to build rally 'of the people'. Lots of them, from all over social standing, location, etc.

with lots of hi-so game show type host "celebrities" swelling the ranks there for all to see the overwhelming electoral irrelevance of the dems.

Wasn't the sum that the TRT was disbanded something around 20,000 baht? An utter joke.

Airport occupation cost what?

Trouble for the dems is that the truth gets in the way of all the fictions.

with lots of hi-so game show type host "celebrities" swelling the ranks there for all to see the overwhelming electoral irrelevance of the dems.

Wasn't the sum that the TRT was disbanded something around 20,000 baht? An utter joke.

Airport occupation cost what?

Trouble for the dems is that the truth gets in the way of all the fictions.

This reminds of the doctored celebrity photo's allegedly standing behind the Pheu Thai candidate for Bangkok Governor.

Regarding 20,000, sorry, in the first decade of the 21st century prices had gone up a bit. 20,000 doesn't get you much. So please, for this get back to the drawingboard and construct a few reliable pointers.

Trouble for Thaksin thinking and Pheu Thai acting is that the truth always gets in the way

your truely,

uncle barney

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

'The demise of the amnesty bill' has not happened yet. It is still very much alive in the Senate. The pressure is on the Senate. If the Senate returns it with no changes, the Thaksin controlled Lower House can vote it into law without the Senate in 180 days with a 50% +1 vote. Do you trust the Senate to do the right thing? Obviously the protestors don't think so.

• Like 1

don't forget 500 Baht and a free tablet

parcetamol I presume?