Anyone using Bluestacks?

Shot

Have been using it for a bit over a month now. Running it on a PC w/ Windows 7. Bluestacks does seem to work, but it is a bit slow and awkward even on what is a fairly high powered computer. Initial setup was tricky but eventually successful. It's worth exploring. Have a go!

B Clendenin

• Like 1

bluestacks works, but it uses a fairly high amount of CPU.

Running "tunein" (Internet-Radio) causes 50% CPU load on a 3.2Ghz Dualcore.

Yes,this is right. The problem is, they use java as virtual engine. It had been far better to go other ways. Problem there: license and patent stuff.I'll bet they're already paying google for android patents..

Edited by JakeBKK
  • Like 1

Thanks guys for all the great info. It’s hard to get an honest review via Google. Too may say it’s better than fire and water. Others say its pure shyt, but no reviews in between. I always get educated and experienced info from this forum.

Thanks again

Shot

Thanks guys for all the great info. It’s hard to get an honest review via Google. Too may say it’s better than fire and water. Others say its pure shyt, but no reviews in between. I always get educated and experienced info from this forum.

Thanks again

Shot

you're welcome.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Bluestacks sucks.

I've used it a lot, sucks on great hardware, and is glorified app player with poor support anyway.

www.genymotion.com

(( you don't need to download the android SDK, even if it appears so ))

I use this for personal use, and for testing things for my clients.

Lets you make profiles for different devices, all sort of stuff.

But one wouldn't run Tunein on an Android emulator when it runs on a PC already?

Some people would like to test the Bluestacks player, so they're installing well known Android apps.....?

Or people who can't find the download link to the PC app/program.

Would you be so kind and post the download-link to the PC app? (NOT just the link to the tunein website, where many streams don't load!)

thanks

or a similar/better program to run Android apps on PC?

I've used bluestacks quite a lot, and don't have many good things to say about it.

Genymotion.

https://cloud.genymotion.com/page/doc/

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/software-engineer/speed-up-your-android-development-cycle-with-genymotion/

• You don't need to download the SDK after installing,
  • A configuration wizard asking to use ADB connection. Here i try to choose no also can be proceed
  • yes you do have to make an account to download it, it's not the end of the world.