Microsoft IE11 and ThaiVisa Editor when adding a Post "Link"

Pib

Guy a simple work around is: Click F12 ~ a pane will appear at the bottom ~ on the left is a set of buttons in a scrollable list, scroll to the bottom (emulation) and click it ~ change top drop down (Document Mode) from "Edge" to "8" and it will emulate IE8. You can do this on any web page in IE, but it only lasts during the session.

Adding it to the compatibility List does not seem to fix it - though running in Private Mode with it listed does work on some sites. It looks to be a security issue with the clipboard - I also disabled TSO1.2 and 1.1 in Advanced options too.

• Like 2

Guys, you dont have to rollback the IE, just press F12 and select IE version.

Guy a simple work around is: Click F12 ~ a pane will appear at the bottom ~ on the left is a set of buttons in a scrollable list, scroll to the bottom (emulation) and click it ~ change top drop down (Document Mode) from "Edge" to "8" and it will emulate IE8. You can do this on any web page in IE, but it only lasts during the session.

Adding it to the compatibility List does not seem to fix it - though running in Private Mode with it listed does work on some sites. It looks to be a security issue with the clipboard - I also disabled TSO1.2 and 1.1 in Advanced options too.

Thanks to both of you for this info...never knew such a option existed on IE as I'm just a basic user of browsers and drinker of Chang beer...don't know a lot of these browser options/tricks. While I restored back to IE10 after running into the ThaiVisa Editor and IE11 incompatibility for some editor functions, I just may reinstall IE11 now as it was a little faster than IE10. Plus, I running tests by using all three of the major browsers right now...that is, IE, Chrome, and Firefox.

But could someone running IE11 confirm the add a Link function in the ThaiVisa will indeed work if using above mentioned tip by setting the compatibility to a lower version of IE? And as mention already, just changing to IE11 compatibility view don't fix the issue with the editor.

I did press F12 while running "IE10" and it offers me IE10, IE10 Compatibility Mode, IE9, IE8, and IE7 modes, but as wolf 5370 mentioned it only last for one browser session. Would be my luck I would be using the ThaiVisa Editor with IE11, wrote a long-winded post which resolves all of Thailand's problems, and then I tried to add in a Link using the ThaiVisa Editor Link icon, the Link popup windows would appear but with some greyed-out buttons preventing use, and then can't get out of the popup window without going back one page which causes you to lose all of the text your wrote...and you can't even copy the text into memory at that point because that popup window is blocking your from doing so.

Thanks.

According to this, http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html

you can add websites to Compatibility View Setting and this will remember the setting for that website

Goto Option Three on that Page and go from there

Edit: // Added Ps

Ps: Or you can even view all website in Compatibility View

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1220-internet-explorer-compatilbility-view-all-websites.html

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

According to this, http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html

you can add websites to Compatibility View Setting and this will remember the setting for that website

Goto Option Three on that Page and go from there

Edit: // Added Ps

Ps: Or you can even view all website in Compatibility View

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1220-internet-explorer-compatilbility-view-all-websites.html

In the case of the ThaiVisa Editor compatibility issue with IE11, setting ThaiVisa site/page to compatibility view didn't work for me...that was the first thing I tried. I think one other poster also said it didn't help...plus George already said his Software Vendor has confirmed the problem. But setting IE11 to Compatibility View for logon to Bangkok Bank "ibanking" did fix that compatibility problem....setting a site to Compatibility View can definitely resolve some issues...I've got 6 sites set to Compatibility View in IE10...really can't remember if I set them or IE did it automatically.

Guys, you dont have to rollback the IE, just press F12 and select IE version.

Thanks to both of you for this info...never knew such a option existed on IE as I'm just a basic user of browsers and drinker of Chang beer...don't know a lot of these browser options/tricks. While I restored back to IE10 after running into the ThaiVisa Editor and IE11 incompatibility for some editor functions, I just may reinstall IE11 now as it was a little faster than IE10. Plus, I running tests by using all three of the major browsers right now...that is, IE, Chrome, and Firefox.

But could someone running IE11 confirm the add a Link function in the ThaiVisa will indeed work if using above mentioned tip by setting the compatibility to a lower version of IE? And as mention already, just changing to IE11 compatibility view don't fix the issue with the editor.

I did press F12 while running "IE10" and it offers me IE10, IE10 Compatibility Mode, IE9, IE8, and IE7 modes, but as wolf 5370 mentioned it only last for one browser session. Would be my luck I would be using the ThaiVisa Editor with IE11, wrote a long-winded post which resolves all of Thailand's problems, and then I tried to add in a Link using the ThaiVisa Editor Link icon, the Link popup windows would appear but with some greyed-out buttons preventing use, and then can't get out of the popup window without going back one page which causes you to lose all of the text your wrote...and you can't even copy the text into memory at that point because that popup window is blocking your from doing so.

Thanks.

Update: About an hour ago I upgraded to/reloaded IE11...once again fast and painless. I then pressed F12, and tried the changing the browser "emulation mode" from the default "Edge" mode (not to be confused with an Edge connection on your smartphone) and what Microsoft describes Edge as partially quoted below...see this Microsoft Link for more info.....to IE10 emulation mode since the ThaiVisa Editor worked fine on IE10. I could have also selected IE9, IE8, IE7, and IE5 (no IE6...don't know if such a version ever existed)

Wait, what is Edge Mode?

Edge is the Document Mode of Internet Explorer 11 that always recognizes the latest modern web standards. Starting with Internet Explorer 11, new versions of IE will not be introducing new version-specific document modes. We suggest that you update any site that currently relies on legacy features and older document modes to render modern web standards.

Anyway, adding Links in the ThaiVisa Editor like I did above worked fine/as before...I'm in IE10 emulation mode in writing this post. But I also checked to see how emulation modes IE9, IE8, IE7, and IE5 worked with the ThaiVisa Editor...all these modes worked with the exception of IE5 which also had problems in adding a Link...but who cares...IE5 is old stuff.

Below are a couple of attachments/images showing the IE11 F12 menu...you need to select the Emulation icon on the lower left hand side (look like a desktop display and smartphone side by side) and then change the Document Mode from Edge (Default) to IE10, 9, 8, or 7...I wouldn't try IE5 simply because it didn't work 100% with the ThaiVisa Editor (or at least it didn't fully work for me).

Leave the F12 popup window open after changing to another emulation mode and just click outside of the window somewhere which makes it go into the background and your browser webpage(s) come to the foreground. Or pressing the Alt-Tab key combo will make it jump back and forth from the background to foreground. If you close the F12 window it seems to abort the emulation you have changed to and it reverts to IE11 default/Edge emulation.

post-55970-0-77031800-1384410131_thumb.j post-55970-0-62762900-1384410183_thumb.j

As mentioned by others this emulation mode only lasts for one browser session...once you close the browser and reopen you will need to do the F12 thing again. And when changing the emulation mode you are changing it for all websites you may visit during that session, just not ThaiVisa.

I wondered if running in IE10 emulation mode would also fix the issue I had with the Bangkok Bank "ibanking logon webpage" when in IE11 Normal View vs having to set the page to Compatibility View....it did not...I had to set the Bangkok Bank website to Compatibility View to get the ibanking logon to work even when running in IE10 emulation mode....but the rest of the public Bangkok Bank website seemed to work fine under IE11 in normal view.

Just FYI...your results may vary. I'm continuing my tests of using IE, Chrome, and FireFox fairly equally during the day to see which one I like best and learn the pros and cons of each one...plus doing a lot of searching regarding the pros and cons of each. Boy, some people sure express their opinions on their preferred browser like their opinions on politics and religion.