Repeated request for O-negative blood in Pattaya

george

Have just gone to donate at 8 pm.

Front Desk at Hospital knows NOTHING about this, so I left them my phone number.

They called me back and said not needed tonight, but tomorrow they would like to have blood donated. ( 9 to 4 pm )

I was told to contact the blood bank when at the hospital

God bless you my friend,you're a star.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would add that while the patient is out of immediate danger, his blood count is still very low and he will need more transfusions to get it up to where he can be discharged. And, should another bleed occur (knock on wood not) the situation would be extremely dicey as there is reportedly no O neg left at all. So those of you who offered, please follow through.

wai.gif

• Like 2

I would add that while the patient is out of immediate danger, his blood count is still very low and he will need more transfusions to get it up to where he can be discharged. And, should another bleed occur (knock on wood not) the situation would be extremely dicey as there is reportedly no O neg left at all. So those of you who offered, please follow through.

wai.gif

so why not offer people money for it ?

I am happy to hear that Pere is out of immediate dangour now. I am in very poor health myself right now but I do live fairly close to the BPH if he needs anything post-surgery. I'm not sure if he has family here or not and I can only go out for short stints myself but if he needs anything that I can help with or even just someone to sit with him for awhile I would be happy to help in any way.

It's nice to see a community pull together to help other expats. It's not easy here if you are alone trust me. Anyways just let me know in Private if/how I can help? I cannot donate blood sorry.

PS: The comment regarding why not ask money for blood is very sad. If you have and you would not give unless you get paid for it is just the kind of attitude that is anti-social. Please show some respect as it can happen to any of us (including you) at any time and I'm sure you would appreciate not having to worry about paying for blood

Edited by Gone
  • Like 2

Whoever this patient is, he must have a lot of sway with Thai Visa to get two consecutive posts on this forum. I wonder how many others are in the same situation that never get any assistance.

Off topic. But this sure isn't the first time we send out a message for a blood donation. Over the years we have send many of them and unfortunately will have to send many of them in the future.

We do try to help with these kind of requests.

@Mario: Thanks for not deleting this post as it shows the cynicism some of our members seem to have. It saddens me to say the least.

If there is any medical emergency like this one where life and death literally depends on minutes we WILL send out a newsletter. We have done that in the past and will continue to do so.

What you need to do is send an e-mail to support [at] thaivisa [dot] com and/or some moderators as also Linda is not at her computer all of the time. Moderators have all a moderatorname [at] thaivisa [dot] com address so you can reach me for instance under raro@... Whoever picks up the mail first will contact you back and inform George to get the newsletter out. Do NOT contact George directly as he receives more mails than you can imagine and your mail might get unnoticed.

Well put. The cynics seem to get the attention in life, whereas the silent majority do their good work and make life just a bit better in their own way.

Keep up the good work. It is very much appreciated by this poster.

• Like 1

wai.gif

And how much is a human life worth my friend?

Think, think, think.

As an "O Neg" person myself let me put it this way. My blood can be accepted by "ALL" but I can only receive "O Neg" blood. It is called the Universal Blood type. After giving gallons over my lifetime I'm no longer able to give but would be happy to give to a fellow "O Neg" if I could. What pisses me off is when ever some one needs blood, they always put out the call for "O Neg" whether or not the patient is O Neg. So those who have it respond.

O Neg is not that common as people believe, especially in Thailand. Then when a person who is "O Neg" really needs it, there is always the clown who makes light of it or thinks its a joke. When that happens, many people think twice about giving.

It would serve the "World" better if the patients "actual" blood type was revealed and requested instead of always asking for O Neg. It gives the impression "O Neg" people are the worlds only blood donor. There is a tendency to lean toward O Neg as the "catch all' blood as if it was very common. In the past there have been requests only to learn the person needed a blood type that was not O Neg.

In this case the person is "O Neg" and is in dire need. So please give.

Thank you for the information. I always thought it was O negative they needed I did not realize it could be O positive needed.

It would do well if Thai Visa could ascertain the type blood needed. Not sure if they can do that.

Could be some one gives his blood to a O positive and the next day some one with O negative dies from lack of O negative.

I believe they can store your blood up to a year. So I have posted ask friends coming over that qualify if they would give a unit. I asked my boy who comes over every year and he said not a problem.

Seems like a lot of us permanent resident type are over the best by date.sad.png

Whoever this patient is, he must have a lot of sway with Thai Visa to get two consecutive posts on this forum. I wonder how many others are in the same situation that never get any assistance.

Off topic. But this sure isn't the first time we send out a message for a blood donation. Over the years we have send many of them and unfortunately will have to send many of them in the future.

We do try to help with these kind of requests.

@Mario: Thanks for not deleting this post as it shows the cynicism some of our members seem to have. It saddens me to say the least.

If there is any medical emergency like this one where life and death literally depends on minutes we WILL send out a newsletter. We have done that in the past and will continue to do so.

What you need to do is send an e-mail to support [at] thaivisa [dot] com and/or some moderators as also Linda is not at her computer all of the time. Moderators have all a moderatorname [at] thaivisa [dot] com address so you can reach me for instance under raro@... Whoever picks up the mail first will contact you back and inform George to get the newsletter out. Do NOT contact George directly as he receives more mails than you can imagine and your mail might get unnoticed.

Agree with you on shows how much cynicism there is.

I just wanted to post again to see if there was some way the moderators could find out exactly what type of blood is needed as was pointed out by another poster some times it is type O positive needed but they ask for negative as it can be used in other types of blood.

I myself am O negative and found myself having to wait a week while they found two units of negative blood in all of Thailand. They got one from Bangkok and one here in Chiang Mai. The one here in Chiang Mai came as a result of a request put on the Chiang Mai Forum by Lanna care. Mine was for a hip replacement so the timing was not a big problem. But not all requests have that much time some need it now.

As I have said earlier My boy will be here in February so there will be at least one unit of Type O negative here in Chiang Mai then

It would do well if Thai Visa could ascertain the type blood needed. Not sure if they can do that.

O negative is the blood type required.

I was talking about all requests.

Could be some one gives their O negative to some one who has O positive. A type that there is a lot of here in Thailand.

The next day some one dies for lack of O negative.

There is a chart here posted by one of the moderators that shows only .3% of the Asians have negative. So any type of negative blood is rare here in Thailand. Most of it is had by us over 60 expats who can not give it here in Thailand. It can be saved for I believe one year and should be used only when the other blood type is unavailable.

Sorry to belabor the point but it is some thing I feel strongly about. For those of us with O negative it is some thing we should be concerned with.

99.7% of the population has RH positive blood which is of no help to us and to use type O negative when it is not needed is in my opinion wrong. If they can not get the correct type yes by all means use the type O negative.

Edited by northernjohn

You know If you have had cancer you are eliminated from giving blood. I beat cancer 19 years ago & was told to not give blood because I will be refused In the U.S. this is a standard stipulation in all the western countries. Mine was U.S.

I think they just made an error because of translating problems or just a space out oversight.

REPEATED REQUEST FOR O-NEGATIVE BLOOD IN PATTAYA

Bad news, bleeding started again and another operation is needed.

URGENT!

The request for blood is today as urgent as two days ago.

If you are o negative, please contact the nearest government hospital tomorrow morning.

The blood is for Rene Christensen-Dokbua.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

wai.gif

And how much is a human life worth my friend?

Think, think, think.

It would be interesting to know if the hospital charges the patient for the blood donation given by other falangs.. Very sad and a disgrace if they do.. Hope he gets better soon

REPEATED REQUEST FOR O-NEGATIVE BLOOD IN PATTAYA

Bad news, bleeding started again and another operation is needed.

URGENT!

The request for blood is today as urgent as two days ago.

If you are o negative, please contact the nearest government hospital tomorrow morning.

The blood is for Rene Christensen-Dokbua.

It is not possible to donate at the pbh. They do not have the facilities.

You need to donate at the government hospitals listed in this thread only.

Please mention Rene as a personal allocation is possible from what I understand.

Donations are only possible from 9 to 5. It is as it is.

Thanks to all of you who helped and the Thaivisa management for the prompt support.

Rene received blood just in time and his life was saved.

This does not stop the request (or need) for o negative blood as there is apparently nothing left in 300 km surroundings.

Especially if you are o negative yourself, this episode drastically showed how rare your blood type is and in your own interest please donate.

Donating is only possible in government hospitals. Private hospitals have no screening bags as I learned last night. Why it is so is completely beyond me but if we need blood urgently after 6 PM, you have to wait for the next day when the donation officer is back on duty.

That news has made my day.Well done to the donator.

Thanks to all of you who helped and the Thaivisa management for the prompt support.

Rene received blood just in time and his life was saved.

This does not stop the request (or need) for o negative blood as there is apparently nothing left in 300 km surroundings.

Especially if you are o negative yourself, this episode drastically showed how rare your blood type is and in your own interest please donate.

Donating is only possible in government hospitals. Private hospitals have no screening bags as I learned last night. Why it is so is completely beyond me but if we need blood urgently after 6 PM, you have to wait for the next day when the donation officer is back on duty.

That news has made my day.Well done to the donator.

Yes but at 9pm last night Rene had started bleeding again and another request went out.

How is the Patient today ?? Hope he is better poor chap.