Scammer

BrayJames

Hello folks! Just to forewarn everybody to be vigilant, a young British chap now located in Hua Hin, trying to sell insurance, investment, savings and QROPS, the lad is a known scammer and has victimised lots of expats here in Bangkok and in the UK. He represents a company with a top on it and is residing in soi 80, Hua Hin. Said chap doesn't even have a work permit, living on a friend's money. So beware........!

I think I may have got a call off him a few days ago, I asked him if he was some sort of boiler room and he said no..LOL

I referred him to my 3 year old son who spoke to him for about 30 seconds and gave up.

He said he represented the largest firm in the world that sounded like "debeers" and specialized in British expats pensions etc..

I had obviously heard enough and handed him over to my 3 year old to deal with.. I think spiderman was the main topic of conversation :-)

But to get my number I believe that the are trawling Linked-In and phoning our companies, who will hand over our mobile numbers without a second thought.

• Like 1

A company with a top on it

What does that mean?

The bloke that called me said he worked for something called or at least sounded like "De'Beers", that sounds a lot like the diamond people but I didn't bother asking him to repeat the name.

Beer has a top on it, right?? Maybe the same bloke.

He wasn't put off when I said I knew the boiler room scams and would never react to a cold call.

My 3 year old boy is in bed now, I will ask him for more details of what was said and post the info here tomorrow

OP knows that naming and shaming is not allowed. We do not allow "naming on shaming" on Thai Visa because Thailand has very strict libel laws. If a third party believes he has lost business/revenue/profits because of something posted on this website, irrespective of what that party may or may not have done.

As per this forum rule:

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Closed