The best place to buy a house?

expatsupreme

Is it in the center, our like 10 minutes drive from the center?

I would definately need something inthe range of 1.4 mill, detached, pretty new, with a bit of land so I can grow some stuff and to be safe from burglars

is it better to move to nearest villages outside CM? Like chong doi or what is it called he he

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best place to buy a house …. in Thailand ….. it's a riddle, right? Or an oxymoron.

I rented in Saraphi, 15 minutes south. Beautiful area on a lake. Visited seven times in one week, different times of the day, checking.

Third night after moving in, the "fireworks" started. 1 am. Half a mile away, homemade black powder bombs, set off by whiskey-drinking numbskulls, one of whom eventually blew off a hand, another who killed his boy. Continued three or four nights a week, every week, until I moved.

Black powder is big in that area, unless something has changed?

Buy? One should live in LOS at least three years, and have money to burn, before considering "buying" real estate.

Judging by your user name, I'm guessing this wasn't the advice you were looking for.

The best place to buy a house …. in Thailand ….. it's a riddle, right? Or an oxymoron.

I rented in Saraphi, 15 minutes south. Beautiful area on a lake. Visited seven times in one week, different times of the day, checking.

Third night after moving in, the "fireworks" started. 1 am. Half a mile away, homemade black powder bombs, set off by whiskey-drinking numbskulls, one of whom eventually blew off a hand, another who killed his boy. Continued three or four nights a week, every week, until I moved.

Buy? One should live in LOS at least three years, and have money to burn, before considering "buying" real estate.

Judging by your user name, I'm guessing this wasn't the advice you were looking for.

wow that would be bad, how did that guy kill his son?

that is disurbing

but paying 10000 each month for rent is what is worse for me and settling for small space in condo with no garden etc

why you did not use earplugs or something?

wow that would be bad, how did that guy kill his son?

that is disurbing

but paying 10000 each month for rent is what is worse for me and settling for small space in condo with no garden etc

why you did not use earplugs or something?

He blew the kid's face off with black powder.

Earplugs don't work when you windows crack and walls tremor. These weren't M-80s.

Those of us who have lived here for some time, know that the few here who have a house and land and garden, and continue on happily for many a year, are indeed few.

Reality trumps optimism.

look, there are so many falangs buying houses in THailand, through company of course, what fool will trust a thai woman to sign over the house

I was dating a girl when I wanted to buy a house and she said dont worry, sign it on my name, I will let you live inside, I was thinking are you really that stupid or you are pretending to be

Later she got preggers with ex when I was in sout america for longer time, I wonder how will the scenario work out if I would sign my house in her name

people are doing it through company, are you saying they are getting burned? <deleted>??

I lived in really native vilage in south near Krabi in girlfriend house, and yes, people were really nice, but played music almost each day, with loud boomboxes, but it did not annoy me at all. It was happening like every 3 or 4 days. Not a big deal for me

• Like 1

look, there are so many falangs buying houses in THailand, through company of course, what fool will trust a thai woman to sign over the house

I was dating a girl when I wanted to buy a house and she said dont worry, sign it on my name, I will let you live inside, I was thinking are you really that stupid or you are pretending to be

Later she got preggers with ex when I was in sout america for longer time, I wonder how will the scenario work out if I would sign my house in her name

people are doing it through company, are you saying they are getting burned? <deleted>??

You can not buy a home with a company. Someone gave you false information. You can buy a home if you invest - I forget how much, I think around 30 million THB or more in Thailand and the title will be in your name. If you try and set up a company and own 49% of the shares for the sole purpose of buying property, then you are breaking the law.

"...played music almost each day, with loud boomboxes, but it did not annoy me at all. It was happening like every 3 or 4 days. Not a big deal for me...."

Man that has to be truly unusual! If that's the case then buy or rent anywhere.

But 1.4 Million will not cut it, nor will 10 minutes from the center. Even the mentioned 12,000B per TW is no longer the norm. 4-5 years ago, yes; today, definitely not; not even well outside the city limits beyond the outlying villages, in the boondocks where you had best pack a lunch for the commute.

Prices everywhere on everything have escalated, dramatically so in the last two years, particularly land prices. Even housing estates are kicking themselves for not having seen the escalation which seemed to have exploded exponentially since 2011 (the great flood). They, and many others, assumed the folks from Bangkok could not just up and move without selling their own homes, so the realtors here unaccountably justified to themselves time was on their side - guess what, Bankokians did, and to Chiangmai they came and are still coming, in droves.

Time is not on your side either.

Fabulosity! Just luvving it!

• Like 1

i know but everybody i know is doing it this way because of the law does not allow buying houses for falangs

are you saying you give the ownership to a woman?

Nobody is doing it that way ..... this year.

Land Office say NO!

ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE LAND OFFICE IN C.M.WILL NOT TRANFER HOUSE AND LAND INTO COMPANY NAME ?

The best place to buy a house is in your home country.

Land in CM now starts at 12k/tw about 15Km out from the center.

Nobody will sell for less.

Residential land readily available in Hang Dong (and other locales) at 10k baht/tw, see thread of about two months ago on the subject.

i know but everybody i know is doing it this way because of the law does not allow buying houses for falangs

Give ownership to a woman? What are you on about? I can't buy a house here, only a condo and I hate condos so I rent. Well I could buy a house if I invested 30 or 40 million or whatever it is, but I don't have that kind of spare change. sad.png I suppose I could buy a home for my child but I've never researched the law about it.

I'm sure "everyone you know" are not doing things illegally.

Even the mentioned 12,000B per TW is no longer the norm. 4-5 years ago, yes; today, definitely not; not even well outside the city limits beyond the outlying villages, in the boondocks where you had best pack a lunch for the commute.

I presume you are referring to gated housing developments? If we could sell our rural property south of San Kamphaeng @12,000 baht per talang wa, we'll be flying business class back to UK as soon as the cheque has cleared biggrin.png Wouldn't even bother packing.....

Haha lots of cynical peeps here while you cannot buy a house legally in Thailand you can buy one for your LONG TERM partner and protect yourself 100% its just takes a bit of research but I personally know many guys here that live happily in their houses with their wives and kids without even an iota of fear they will be homeless any time soon or lose their home even if they were to split up.

99% of the posters here have no clue and are just spouting regurgitated crap and it just takes a little proper research to show you can control a property 100%

You can not control property 100% legally unless you invest 30-40 million THB and have the Chanote in your name. Besides the OP as I understand it does not have "a long-term partner".

Edited by elektrified

Haha lots of cynical peeps here while you cannot buy a house legally in Thailand you can buy one for your LONG TERM partner and protect yourself 100% its just takes a bit of research but I personally know many guys here that live happily in their houses with their wives and kids without even an iota of fear they will be homeless any time soon or lose their home even if they were to split up.

99% of the posters here have no clue and are just spouting regurgitated crap and it just takes a little proper research to show you can control a property 100%

You can not control property 100% legally unless you invest 30-40 million THB and have the Chanote in your name. Besides the OP as I understand it does not have "a long-term partner".

I understand what you are saying, but using an usufruct gives you 100% control of the property for as long as that agreement is in place which can be from anywhere from 30 years to your lifetime and my name IS ON THE CHANOT of my home smile.png

You of course cannot sell the property since it would belong to your partner/wife but it is clear to them that if they split with you they do not immediatley get the house and they would be the one that has to leave since you are the one with legal right to occupance.

If you have spent your life saving on a house (not recommended) you are not the one that needs to leave, so it might remove the chance that your partner is in it for the money and

There are legal things that are determined if or if you are not married etc but I wont go into that for anyone that is truly interested they can research it themselves

Nobody should buy a house in Thailand unless you are in a solid relationship I purchased just last year after being with my wife for more than 7 years renting and we have a solid relationship with multiple kids so for me the house is for them and I wrote the money off either way.

PS yeah I could never spell that dam_n word correct

Edited by DiamondKing
  • Like 2

You are incorrect I understand what you are saying, but using an insfruct gives you 100% control of the property for as long as that agreement is in place which can be from anywhere from 10 years to your lifetime and for your information my name IS ON THE CHANOTE smile.png

There are legal things that are determined if or if you are not married etc but I wont go into that for anyone that is truly interested they can research it themselves

I understand what you are saying and I am not trying to pick an argument with you. I think your name is on the back of the Chanote but that is besides the point.

All I am saying is that people who are new here, don't have long-term Thai friends, and who believe what a lawyer tells them are setting themselves up for a disaster. There have been countless cases of properties which have been fraudulently sold behind the backs of others with forged signatures, only photocopies in lieu of original documents, help from a lawyers friend at the Land Office, etc., etc., etc.

• Like 1

You are incorrect I understand what you are saying, but using an insfruct gives you 100% control of the property for as long as that agreement is in place which can be from anywhere from 10 years to your lifetime and for your information my name IS ON THE CHANOTE smile.png

I understand what you are saying and I am not trying to pick an argument with you. I think your name is on the back of the Chanote but that is besides the point.

All I am saying is that people who are new here, don't have long-term Thai friends, and who believe what a lawyer tells them are setting themselves up for a disaster. There have been countless cases of properties which have been fraudulently sold behind the backs of others with forged signatures, only photocopies in lieu of original documents, help from a lawyers friend at the Land Office, etc., etc., etc.

Agreed

I just edited my last post to say similar to you unless you have lived here A LONG TIME it is not recommended you purchase a house with a partner you need to ensure you are in a solid relationship and even then should NEVER EVER spend your lifes savings on a house in thailand when basically its not yours legally once you purchase.

If you are in a good relationship then this is not an issue and I purchased my house from another farang whose wife happily signed everything over and passed the signnificant funds over to her husband upon completion of the sale.

There are many couples just like that but it certainly is a minefield for those that are Green to thailand and may not have a sincere partner who may only be looking for a quick payday.

Caveat Emptor

Edited by DiamondKing
  • Like 1

Nobody is doing it that way ..... this year.

Land Office say NO!

ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE LAND OFFICE IN C.M.WILL NOT TRANFER HOUSE AND LAND INTO COMPANY NAME ?

Yes I am, if the company has foreign shareholders.