Restaurants

The wife, kid and I will be headed for Hua Hin this weekend. Specifically, can anyone recommend any good restaurants in the Hua Hin/Cha Am area? We are open to different types of food, but would prefer not eating in hotel restaurants.

Thanks in advance.

The wife, kid and I will be headed for Hua Hin this weekend. Specifically, can anyone recommend any good restaurants in the Hua Hin/Cha Am area? We are open to different types of food, but would prefer not eating in hotel restaurants.

Thanks in advance.

Depends what you want in terms of posh , side stalls etc.

There is an excellent seafood place next to the fishing pier, seating is over the sand on stilts - - lots of really good seafood for around £5 per head.

For a really good side stall, try the night market where you can get an authentic very very cheap meal for around £1 per head

My wife Rattana and I just returned from our very first trip to Hua Hin. As it was ONLY a 4 day/3 nite exploritory visit, we didn't have much time to visit with other expats/Thai residents, but luckily, we had an excellent local expat to "house" us and show us around Hua Hin, Cha Am and Prnburi.

We twice had breakfast at Papa John's and it offers a great varied menu of small breakfast, American breakfast, English breakfast, German breakfast etc. and has a great attmosphere, good service, and indoor a/c or outdoor tables.

Being American, of course we had one dinner at the Great American Rib restaurant, which was great. The owner, Wes, offered history of his Bangkok and Hua Hin restaurants, and of several other topics of great interest to the 3 of us there. The manager, a very tall, great looking Thai lady from Khon Kaen who previously was a policewoman amongst other jobs held, really RAN the place with an iron fist while being most polite to all her staff and all customers. As I worked for nearly seven years in the restaurant business for Cracker Barrel Olde Country Stores in San Antonio TX and Yuma AZ prior to 2002, I really notice when proper food presentation, service, teamwork and good management is taking place and this place offers it all.

We ALSO had dinner at the Chom Talay Restaurant, right on the bay on the north end of town by the Hua Hin airport. The food there (hai offerings) were very tasty and the splashing of the waves could be heard from our beachfront table. Staff was pleasant. Only minus were soi dogs on the beach itself which were quite close to our tables but never bothered any of the guests or actually came over to any tables.

For lunch, we tried the Fuji Suchi Restaurant at the Mall (we've eaten at 8 locations in BKK) (love the Minthai sauce offering over tuna, page two, left hand top of the page on the menu), and we ate at Sizzler twice at the mall. I love their fresh salads and also enjoyed their snitzel and the fish and chips.

Hope on our next visit, we can meet some/all of the expat and Thai residents/visitors in town.

Ken/Rattana Bower

Chiayaphum Thailand

This sounds like a Pattaya dish. Stir fried sea crap with curry powder. Don't tell me the Cha-Am sewage outlets are also dumping into the sea!

R'Lek Seafood, Cha-am Beach.

Its on your left on the way to fishing pier. Fresh, pretty cheap and very good taste.

My favorite menu are Steamed garupa fish with soya sauce and Stir-fried Sea crap with curry powder.